Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Yea I mixed up the timeline between the two and went back and edited it just before you responded. I remembered 2 doesn’t start right after 1 and that’s where GoS comes in, so his mum had to have told him about Zeus first. That’s what I get for playing all these GOW games at once lol Yea it’s weird. As you pointed out he probably thought his mum was just giving him falsehoods. I have to complete the game first and probably play over 2 to see. But that jumped at me when I started playing it the other day. Who knows … maybe all that tail Kratos gets between games has him forgetting who his dad is. Ready at Dawn probably fucked up

That's what I was thinking xD. Do they explore it in 3 at all?

Not in a profound manner. However, by 3 you’ll see that Kratos accepts and believes it, but you’ll get to find out why Zeus did what he did in 2 and why I think Zeus favors him (or at least, favored him). The events stretch back to the first game. After you beat it let me know, we’ll discuss David Jaffe’s original concept for GOW3 and how it would have ended for Kratos. I have to admit the way he had it in mind it would have truly been the end of GOW, but the changes they made in 3 makes way …. Ahhhh, we’ll discuss it later. :-p

Ascension sort of sheds some light on the significance of Kratos too, so putting things in context is quite interesting. But you'll see it when you get there.

Question … do you normally play hack and slash games? If so … what? If not .. what games do you normally play a lot? I’d hazard a guess and say RPG based on your avatar, but that’s weak evidence lol and I am not one to assume.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Yea I mixed up the timeline between the two and went back and edited it just before you responded. I remembered 2 doesn’t start right after 1 and that’s where GoS comes in, so his mum had to have told him about Zeus first. That’s what I get for playing all these GOW games at once lol Yea it’s weird. As you pointed out he probably thought his mum was just giving him falsehoods. I have to complete the game first and probably play over 2 to see. But that jumped at me when I started playing it the other day. Who knows … maybe all that tail Kratos gets between games has him forgetting who his dad is. Ready at Dawn probably fucked up

Not in a profound manner. However, by 3 you’ll see that Kratos accepts and believes it, but you’ll get to find out why Zeus did what he did in 2 and why I think Zeus favors him (or at least, favored him). The events stretch back to the first game. After you beat it let me know, we’ll discuss David Jaffe’s original concept for GOW3 and how it would have ended for Kratos. I have to admit the way he had it in mind it would have truly been the end of GOW, but the changes they made in 3 makes way …. Ahhhh, we’ll discuss it later. :-p

Ascension sort of sheds some light on the significance of Kratos too, so putting things in context is quite interesting. But you'll see it when you get there.

Question … do you normally play hack and slash games? If so … what? If not .. what games do you normally play a lot? I’d hazard a guess and say RPG based on your avatar, but that’s weak evidence lol and I am not one to assume.

Okay cool. I'll try to play a bit the next couple days but i'll be busy as well so I might progress a bit more slowly than I have been.

I havn't played too many Hack n Slash games tbh. I've played DMC 2,3, and 4 but was never a super fan of the series or anything. God of War is the first i've really been interested in. Yeah I play a lot of Rpg's. I've been getting into Wrpg's but I still prefer Jrpg's. Besides that though I play a lot of different genres. Havn't really been into racing games all that much but i'd like to start wither either GT6 or Driveclub. I'm a fan of Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Bioshock, Killzone, The Souls games and others i'm most likely forgetting atm haha. I've never been much into sports or fighting games either.

If I had to pick a favorite game, though it seems to change constantly I would probably go with Shadow of the Colossus. :D

UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Okay cool. I'll try to play a bit the next couple days but i'll be busy as well so I might progress a bit more slowly than I have been.

I havn't played too many Hack n Slash games tbh. I've played DMC 2,3, and 4 but was never a super fan of the series or anything. God of War is the first i've really been interested in. Yeah I play a lot of Rpg's. I've been getting into Wrpg's but I still prefer Jrpg's. Besides that though I play a lot of different genres. Havn't really been into racing games all that much but i'd like to start wither either GT6 or Driveclub. I'm a fan of Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Bioshock, Killzone, The Souls games and others i'm most likely forgetting atm haha. I've never been much into sports or fighting games either.

If I had to pick a favorite game, though it seems to change constantly I would probably go with Shadow of the Colossus. :D

I totally understand. From today I’ll will be deep in the books. No more gaming for a while.

Ah okay. I’m old school with it comes to RPGs. I REALLY miss the turn based stuff, and that’s why I’m buying FFX day 1 for Vita. Heck I might buy it twice and get it on PS3 too. xD I’m not a fan of what FF has turned into. FF VS XIII I’ll probably get day one just because Mr. KH is at the helm (whenever it does release). Ni No Kuni seems to be a hybrid so I’m definitely getting that game, and it seems challenging. I haven’t played a single Jrpg this gen though. I’m going to get Persona 4G for Vita and FFX. Apart from Ni No Kuni I’m not sure if I’ll get anything for PS3 …. Well, KH1.5 is a must of course. I never finished the first 2 games on PS2 so I’ll be sure to get KH1.5 and 2.5 later. I’ve played a few Western ones, including Skyrim and the Mass Effect games. Those games I like.

Sports games suck imo lol I love football and tennis but I can’t play those games virtually. I’m not a huge gear head, but I’m open minded so I’m going to give Gran Turismo 5, 6 and DriveClub a shot. I’m a sucker for anything Sony makes it seems lol

I played ICO, but never SOTC. I just ordered the collection last night. I can’t wait to try them. I’ve been playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow and people keep telling me they borrowed a lot of elements from SOTC (boss battles especially). So I really want to see what it is like.

For me it’s fighters, hack and slash and third person shooters (only this gen I started liking those). Sadly I don’t have much time this gen and fighters require a lot of effort and time, so I have not been playing them much. When Smash Bros. come out that will have to change though.

Damn that real life, getting in the way of gaming!

FFX was great! I didn't really like FFXIII myself. I thought it was okay, but kind of weak for a Final Fantasy game though. Be careful what you say about it however. Despite pretty much everyone including the main FF fanbase disliking the game, someone on here actually said they were going to report me for talking bad about it *eyeroll*.

I am excited for Versus though. I was never really a fan of Persona. I can't stand the social aspect. I got out of high school a few years ago, I don't want to play a high school student in a game lol. I know there's more to it than that, and I really like the soundtrack to most of em, but I can't seem to get into the series.

Yeah the Ico/SOTC is pretty awesome. I like the idea of fighters but it's so hard to get into the meta game. Like, knowing how to cancel animations n stuff like that is really indepth. I just don't feel like learning it. I'm pretty good with shooters but in fighting games I literally get upset when someone beats me lol.

UnitSmiley said:

FFX was great! I didn't really like FFXIII myself. I thought it was okay, but kind of weak for a Final Fantasy game though. Be careful what you say about it however. Despite pretty much everyone including the main FF fanbase disliking the game, someone on here actually said they were going to report me for talking bad about it *eyeroll*.

I am excited for Versus though. I was never really a fan of Persona. I can't stand the social aspect. I got out of high school a few years ago, I don't want to play a high school student in a game lol. I know there's more to it than that, and I really like the soundtrack to most of em, but I can't seem to get into the series.

Yeah the Ico/SOTC is pretty awesome. I like the idea of fighters but it's so hard to get into the meta game. Like, knowing how to cancel animations n stuff like that is really indepth. I just don't feel like learning it. I'm pretty good with shooters but in fighting games I literally get upset when someone beats me lol.

Report people over that? 0_0 lol okay ... thanks for warning me!

Yea FFX is gold. I can't wait to play it again in HD. :D

I never tried Persona before. I'm only interested because it's one of the few good jrpgs on the system. Hmmmm .. I'll look into it.

Man I love fighters. In high school I used to enter tournaments a lot and won the great majority of them. I have trophies for Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken Tag, Street Fighter 2, Street Figher Ex Plus Alpha, Alpha 1,2 and 3 , Bloody Roar 2 and 3 and every Smah Bros' game. lol That's why I like hack and slash - combos and stuff. But then  I entered college and since then I have not bothered with them. *sigh* I keep getting requests for my crown in Smash so I have to stay sharp in that one at least.

I only now got into shooters. PS2 spoild me since it didn't have many. The only ones I really own are Resistance and Killzone (love them both). I have a few others on PC like RAGE, but that's it. I'm considering Bioshock as I mentioned before. Those trailers were just awesome! And part one comes with it for free.

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:

I never tried Persona before. I'm only interested because it's one of the few good jrpgs on the system. Hmmmm .. I'll look into it.

Man I love fighters. In high school I used to enter tournaments a lot and won the great majority of them. I have trophies for Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken Tag, Street Fighter 2, Street Figher Ex Plus Alpha, Alpha 1,2 and 3 , Bloody Roar 2 and 3 and every Smah Bros' game. lol That's why I like hack and slash - combos and stuff. But then  I entered college and since then I have not bothered with them. *sigh* I keep getting requests for my crown in Smash so I have to stay sharp in that one at least.

I only now got into shooters. PS2 spoild me since it didn't have many. The only ones I really own are Resistance and Killzone (love them both). I have a few others on PC like RAGE, but that's it. I'm considering Bioshock as I mentioned before. Those trailers were just awesome! And part one comes with it for free.

Oh awesome, I totally envy your skill with fighting games! My friend is really into them but he's a jerk about it. "Hey let's play this game, I'll go easy on you". Then he completely demolishes me with his arcade stick and i'm stunlocked in what seems like a 384472042 minute combo till i'm dead lol.

I like shooters too, though they need to be sci fi related. Modern military shooters bore me. I like Resistance and Killzone as well, but yeah I totally suggest Bioshock, even better since it comes with the first one. It plays a lot differently than most shooters, the first one had a pretty interesting story and a really great atmosphere. This one looks great as well, though i'm not sure how the city of Columbia will compare to Rapture atmosphere wise.

UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Oh awesome, I totally envy your skill with fighting games! My friend is really into them but he's a jerk about it. "Hey let's play this game, I'll go easy on you". Then he completely demolishes me with his arcade stick and i'm stunlocked in what seems like a 384472042 minute combo till i'm dead lol.

I like shooters too, though they need to be sci fi related. Modern military shooters bore me. I like Resistance and Killzone as well, but yeah I totally suggest Bioshock, even better since it comes with the first one. It plays a lot differently than most shooters, the first one had a pretty interesting story and a really great atmosphere. This one looks great as well, though i'm not sure how the city of Columbia will compare to Rapture atmosphere wise.

Saw you in the FF rumor thread. I'd so get that game day one if it was a PS4 exclusive. I'm not saying I won't get it anyway if it was multiplat, but a third party exclusive deserves respect, imo. And since it is FF XIII Versus I'll get collector's edition and all. :D

Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Saw you in the FF rumor thread. I'd so get that game day one if it was a PS4 exclusive. I'm not saying I won't get it anyway if it was multiplat, but a third party exclusive deserves respect, imo. And since it is FF XIII Versus I'll get collector's edition and all. :D

Dude I have been waiting for that game for too damn long lol. Yeah I would be pretty happy if it was exclusive. Perhaps that is selfish of me? But whatever,  it would really help sell some PS4's.

UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Dude I have been waiting for that game for too damn long lol. Yeah I would be pretty happy if it was exclusive. Perhaps that is selfish of me? But whatever,  it would really help sell some PS4's.

Sometimes you have to be selfish, especially with great games. I can't imagine how MGS4 would have been if it was a multiplat game from the start. Sure Hideo is a genius and it would have been great still, but I'm sure there would have been sacrifices. Likewise, what devs keep saying about PS4 exclusives as opposed to multiplat games has me VERY excited, especially after seeing PS3 exclusives vs non exclusive stuff. But while I'd like to see the game's potential realized as an exclusive, the business side of things matter a lot. If the rumor is true that's a HUGE budget, so I'll definitely do my part and get it day one. Heck I'll throw up avatars and promote the game too. :D

Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Sometimes you have to be selfish, especially with great games. I can't imagine how MGS4 would have been if it was a multiplat game from the start. Sure Hideo is a genius and it would have been great still, but I'm sure there would have been sacrifices. Likewise, what devs keep saying about PS4 exclusives as opposed to multiplat games has me VERY excited, especially after seeing PS3 exclusives vs non exclusive stuff. But while I'd like to see the game's potential realized as an exclusive, the business side of things matter a lot. If the rumor is true that's a HUGE budget, so I'll definitely do my part and get it day one. Heck I'll throw up avatars and promote the game too. :D

I'd certainly be all over that day. Whatever collectors addition is available too. I know devs are praising the PS4 nonstop, but what are the devs saying about PS4 exclusives? I havn't heard anything about that.