bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

So, here are a couple renders of my water fountain that I have to do for a project in my Intro to 3D class.  The final render will be a 10 second animation with particles simulating the water with camera movements too.  

Would just like to hear some opinions on what you guys think about what I have so far.  And Bananaking I will send you my file when I actually get some particles in the scene.  Haven't gotten that far yet.

ok send it when ever you want, im free this week. 

Since when did Maya 2014 come out?  I'll stick with 2013 for now though.

i honestly dont know. just stick with 2013 for now though until the hot fixes come for 2014

I plan on keeping 2013.  I've always read about there being problems with Maya when a new version comes out

you should stick with it. since after opening a scene with a new version of maya makes the scene unopenable with the older version. meaning if you open a scene on 2013, save it, open it on 2014 and save it again. when you try open it again with 2013 it will give you errors, it might work sometimes but u cant depend on it

That's good to know.  I will probably wait until my university gets 2014 to upgrade, which probably will be in the fall or next spring max.

your university upgrades every year? do they pay licenses? 

I don't know.  They may not, but they always stress the fact that the software usually changes every year.  So, I figure they might try whatever they can do to upgrade every year.  I guess I'll see when I start my fall semester.

lol because if they do that would be a huge waste of money! 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
just got a great poll idea !
if you could do one of these right now, which one would it be?
play the last of us right now
bang megan fox

every guy on the planet would know what to pick there

LoU!  Give it to me now!  Megan Fox would most likely not be all that sanitary down there anyway.  I'd rather have Christina Hendricks or Katy Perry any day!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

JoeTheBro said:
nnodley said:

So, here are a couple renders of my water fountain that I have to do for a project in my Intro to 3D class.  The final render will be a 10 second animation with particles simulating the water with camera movements too.  

Would just like to hear some opinions on what you guys think about what I have so far.  And Bananaking I will send you my file when I actually get some particles in the scene.  Haven't gotten that far yet.

Not too shabby! Will you have to texture it?

Thanks.  And yes I'll have to texture it.  I'm gonna try my best to get some stone texture or something and make it look pretty good.  I might post my progress to see what people think.  

platformmaster918 said:
bananaking21 said:
bang megan fox

LoU!  Give it to me now!  Megan Fox would most likely not be all that sanitary down there anyway.  I'd rather have Christina Hendricks or Katy Perry any day!

of course its gonna be the last of us! it would be 100% TLoU!! and lmao at megan fox not being "sanitary down there" haha i would pick that chick from the hunger games, beautiful face, awesome body

bananaking21 said:
platformmaster918 said:
bananaking21 said:
bang megan fox

of course its gonna be the last of us! it would be 100% TLoU!! and lmao at megan fox not being "sanitary down there" haha i would pick that chick from the hunger games, beautiful face, awesome body

Megan Fox.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
bananaking21 said:
platformmaster918 said:
bananaking21 said:
bang megan fox

Megan Fox.

ohh what do you know, you play games that sony didnt even make. how can you even call yourself a gamer?!!!!!

I really dont want to see Uncharted to be milked more than God of War and CoD. I say they take a year or 2 from the series and make another Jak and Daxter, or another fresh IP.

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

ok send it when ever you want, im free this week. 

Since when did Maya 2014 come out?  I'll stick with 2013 for now though.

i honestly dont know. just stick with 2013 for now though until the hot fixes come for 2014

I plan on keeping 2013.  I've always read about there being problems with Maya when a new version comes out

you should stick with it. since after opening a scene with a new version of maya makes the scene unopenable with the older version. meaning if you open a scene on 2013, save it, open it on 2014 and save it again. when you try open it again with 2013 it will give you errors, it might work sometimes but u cant depend on it

That's good to know.  I will probably wait until my university gets 2014 to upgrade, which probably will be in the fall or next spring max.

I don't know.  They may not, but they always stress the fact that the software usually changes every year.  So, I figure they might try whatever they can do to upgrade every year.  I guess I'll see when I start my fall semester.

Yeah, who knows.  All I know is that from what they say it sounds like they try to keep up as best they can.  Hell, we get the whole Adobe CS6 production premium and design and web premium for free.  And they give us the new one of those everytime they come out because they still have CS5 and 5.5 that we can download, I think.  And everyone in the school can download it.  That's probably a heft price tag, but I don't know how all that works anyways.

nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:

Yeah, who knows.  All I know is that from what they say it sounds like they try to keep up as best they can.  Hell, we get the whole Adobe CS6 production premium and design and web premium for free.  And they give us the new one of those everytime they come out because they still have CS5 and 5.5 that we can download, I think.  And everyone in the school can download it.  That's probably a heft price tag, but I don't know how all that works anyways.

i have no idea how they pay that then either

bananaking21 said:
JoeTheBro said:
bananaking21 said:
platformmaster918 said:
bananaking21 said:
bang megan fox

Megan Fox.

ohh what do you know, you play games that sony didnt even make. how can you even call yourself a gamer?!!!!!

tis true.  Makes his opinion null and void.  If this were GoT MS would be the Lannisters (rich and don't care about subjects as long as they get their tactics, but still have their Tyrions and Jamies aka the awesome parts like achievements and Halo), Sony the Baratheons (once great, defeated because they fought among themselves, but will rise again), and Nintendo the Targaryans (on top at first then dethroned but then come back with new weapon to conquer).

Obviously this is all joking and a big stretch but I'm in a GoTs mood so I felt like doing it anyway.  *SPOILERS FOR BOOK 3 and 4!* SEGA would be the Starks as they basically all get killed off or suck except Arya (the software).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers