Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

So, here are a couple renders of my water fountain that I have to do for a project in my Intro to 3D class.  The final render will be a 10 second animation with particles simulating the water with camera movements too.  

Would just like to hear some opinions on what you guys think about what I have so far.  And Bananaking I will send you my file when I actually get some particles in the scene.  Haven't gotten that far yet.

ok send it when ever you want, im free this week. 

Since when did Maya 2014 come out?  I'll stick with 2013 for now though.

i honestly dont know. just stick with 2013 for now though until the hot fixes come for 2014

I plan on keeping 2013.  I've always read about there being problems with Maya when a new version comes out

you should stick with it. since after opening a scene with a new version of maya makes the scene unopenable with the older version. meaning if you open a scene on 2013, save it, open it on 2014 and save it again. when you try open it again with 2013 it will give you errors, it might work sometimes but u cant depend on it

That's good to know.  I will probably wait until my university gets 2014 to upgrade, which probably will be in the fall or next spring max.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

So, here are a couple renders of my water fountain that I have to do for a project in my Intro to 3D class.  The final render will be a 10 second animation with particles simulating the water with camera movements too.  

Would just like to hear some opinions on what you guys think about what I have so far.  And Bananaking I will send you my file when I actually get some particles in the scene.  Haven't gotten that far yet.

i honestly dont know. just stick with 2013 for now though until the hot fixes come for 2014

I plan on keeping 2013.  I've always read about there being problems with Maya when a new version comes out

you should stick with it. since after opening a scene with a new version of maya makes the scene unopenable with the older version. meaning if you open a scene on 2013, save it, open it on 2014 and save it again. when you try open it again with 2013 it will give you errors, it might work sometimes but u cant depend on it

That's good to know.  I will probably wait until my university gets 2014 to upgrade, which probably will be in the fall or next spring max.

your university upgrades every year? do they pay licenses? 

nnodley said:

Not too shabby! Will you have to texture it?

Hopefully Uncharted 4 comes out on both PS4 and PS3.

dsage01 said:

I want a TRUE next-gen Uncharted.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
dsage01 said:

I want a TRUE next-gen Uncharted.

you pulled the words right out of my mouth! i completely agree! ohh and AWESOME GIF!

I'm hoping for a new IP but my second most wanted is Jak and Daxter since it's been awhile. I'm kinda good on Uncharted after getting a steady 2 a year this gen. Now I want something new from them just for PS4 and maybe an Uncharted later on down because it would be awesome to see on PS4 with how great Uncharted 3 looked. Jak would be an even bigger retina fryer though since we didn't even get to see him on PS3 and he looked so awesome on PS2. A big open fantasy world like Jak will always be held a little higher than the real world (though gorgeous) looks of Uncharted that are kept on a path (love the games but it's true).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

your university upgrades every year? do they pay licenses? 

I don't know.  They may not, but they always stress the fact that the software usually changes every year.  So, I figure they might try whatever they can do to upgrade every year.  I guess I'll see when I start my fall semester.

just got a great poll idea !
if you could do one of these right now, which one would it be?
play the last of us right now
bang megan fox

Next gen Uncharted would be huge!

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5