Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
Mmmfishtacos said:
Anyone playing don't starve right now? If so what's your tip for survival?

I just got to day 8 again when i noticed that i was getting hungry and on the verge of death from it. So i attacked the first thing i saw for food. It was a tall bird. Big mistake. looks like i'm starting over again. Thats not the first time something like that has killed me, one time i walked up to an abandoned house, i thought it would be a good source of wood. So i stated harming it down, when these weird green pig like things jumped out and instantly killed me. Then another when i was walking in the woods and was attacked by a walking evergreen. The game so frustrating some times, but at the same time very good, as i've been playing all day.

1)   Start with exploring.   find out your surroundings.  Find a forest,  find some berry buses, and carrots.  Remember where things are on the map.  I dont think ccarrots re-grow naturally  so save them for when you need them.  Food goes bad after its been picked so if you leave things growing you can come back to it later. Only pick what you need.

2)manure and gauno are one of the MOST important resources in the game.  Try to set your base camp near a herd or 2.  They can also be your defence.  I had a guard tree spawn in the forest i planted next to my base,  I had him follow me and i ran into the middle of the herd.  They fought and i went back and got the "live logs" from the dead tree, and meat from dead Beefalo.   Be warry though, while mostly friendly, they can become very aggresive. I think this is when they are having babies.

3)  FARM!  With the shovel you can move plants.  Like berrybushes, trig trees, and grass.  Between days 5-10, you should be gathering manure and transplanting the berry bushes you found exploring in the first couple days.

4)  you havent got there yet, but just after day 10 your put to a test and attacked by 2 hounds.  I highly recomend you have a spear and plant armor at this point.  You are warned prior, so just week them in your inventory around that point, equipthem for the battle then pick up your backpack when your done.

5) Gather by day, organize by nite. If you have the time.   and if you buld your fire pit relatively close to the forest your planting you can just chop at nite.

6) at one point your gonna wanna craft a torch,  head a ways from your camp to be safe, and light a bunch of trees on fire.   when you chop them after they are burnt you get charcoal which is needed to make a crock-pot. The crock-pot helps alot in keeping your sanity.  And if you find your going insane it might be best to sleep, BUT sleeping takes have your hunger so be ready to have food for when you get up.

7)  The thing you attacked was a pigs house.  You can actually feed pigs meet and have them as friendlies to fight battles for you. There is also a pig king you can trade with to get gold.

8)  Get ready for winter...  plants dont grow when temps are below 0.   and there are penguins lol I was walking along a shoreline and 10 penguins hoped out of the water and attacked me, killing me instantly.  lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
DD_Bwest said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

I just got to day 8 again when i noticed that i was getting hungry and on the verge of death from it. So i attacked the first thing i saw for food. It was a tall bird. Big mistake. looks like i'm starting over again. Thats not the first time something like that has killed me, one time i walked up to an abandoned house, i thought it would be a good source of wood. So i stated harming it down, when these weird green pig like things jumped out and instantly killed me. Then another when i was walking in the woods and was attacked by a walking evergreen. The game so frustrating some times, but at the same time very good, as i've been playing all day.

1)   Start with exploring.   find out your surroundings.  Find a forest,  find some berry buses, and carrots.  Remember where things are on the map.  I dont think ccarrots re-grow naturally  so save them for when you need them.  Food goes bad after its been picked so if you leave things growing you can come back to it later. Only pick what you need.

2)manure and gauno are one of the MOST important resources in the game.  Try to set your base camp near a herd or 2.  They can also be your defence.  I had a guard tree spawn in the forest i planted next to my base,  I had him follow me and i ran into the middle of the herd.  They fought and i went back and got the "live logs" from the dead tree, and meat from dead Beefalo.   Be warry though, while mostly friendly, they can become very aggresive. I think this is when they are having babies.

3)  FARM!  With the shovel you can move plants.  Like berrybushes, trig trees, and grass.  Between days 5-10, you should be gathering manure and transplanting the berry bushes you found exploring in the first couple days.

4)  you havent got there yet, but just after day 10 your put to a test and attacked by 2 hounds.  I highly recomend you have a spear and plant armor at this point.  You are warned prior, so just week them in your inventory around that point, equipthem for the battle then pick up your backpack when your done.

5) Gather by day, organize by nite. If you have the time.   and if you buld your fire pit relatively close to the forest your planting you can just chop at nite.

6) at one point your gonna wanna craft a torch,  head a ways from your camp to be safe, and light a bunch of trees on fire.   when you chop them after they are burnt you get charcoal which is needed to make a crock-pot. The crock-pot helps alot in keeping your sanity.  And if you find your going insane it might be best to sleep, BUT sleeping takes have your hunger so be ready to have food for when you get up.

7)  The thing you attacked was a pigs house.  You can actually feed pigs meet and have them as friendlies to fight battles for you. There is also a pig king you can trade with to get gold.

8)  Get ready for winter...  plants dont grow when temps are below 0.   and there are penguins lol I was walking along a shoreline and 10 penguins hoped out of the water and attacked me, killing me instantly.  lol

I was setting up camp next to a pig village. And that house, it said it was abandond. It wasn't the normal pig men that killed me. 

Mmmfishtacos said:
DD_Bwest said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

I was setting up camp next to a pig village. And that house, it said it was abandond. It wasn't the normal pig men that killed me. 

hmm i have only seen the regular pig guys yet i think, or atleast havent noticed a difference.   I find pigs dont give as much manure so i prefer a herd of beefalo.  they are generally found in the large wheat fields with rabbits.  rabbits will be important for the winter.   every transplanted berry bush and grass huft needs fertalizer or it wont regrow properly.   but pig communites can have stuff for easy pickings.  grass thats gathered, twigs, etc.  I even found a spear.

There are some strange items in the world but i have no clue what they are and do

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

nnodley said:
Early concept for Infamous: Second Son. Can't embed pic so here's link.

http://ow.ly/i/4g4AH/original

that looks like an open world killzone shadow fall. 

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Spleeeee B2S sales 1m+. 2m here we come.

What's that? o.O

beyond two souls. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

It does kind of.  I can't help but wish though that infamous would have been badass if the city was like that. 

nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

It does kind of.  I can't help but wish though that infamous would have been badass if the city was like that. 

i hope they split into two teams, and give us another open world IP. 

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

Yeah since most all other sony studios are going two teams maybe sucker punch will too.  

nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

Yeah since most all other sony studios are going two teams maybe sucker punch will too.  

i hope they already are, with those infamous Vita rumors flying around it could be. and i hope they work on a vita game first, that way they can transition and spit easier since the vita team wouldnt need to be as big as a ps4 team

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

i hope they already are, with those infamous Vita rumors flying around it could be. and i hope they work on a vita game first, that way they can transition and spit easier since the vita team wouldnt need to be as big as a ps4 team

Oh damn I forgot about those rumors.  Plus Nate Fox(director? of infamous: SS) slipped up in an interview about an infamous for vita I think.