Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
RawrJa said:

Might be God of War only in name. I think Sony is rebooting old franchises to draw in the fans and than releasing new IPs later on. At least we know one Naughty Dog Team is working on a space game and Guerilla is working on a RPG Shooter(similar to fallout).

i'd still be dissapointed, because if its GoW only in name, it would have to have  atleast a small tie to previous games, and it wouldnt be all new. 

sorry to dissapoint, but that space rumor turned out to be false, they are working on uncharted. also, last i heard GG's game was rumored to be a RPG, but not sure i ever heard if its like fallout. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
RawrJa said:

Might be God of War only in name. I think Sony is rebooting old franchises to draw in the fans and than releasing new IPs later on. At least we know one Naughty Dog Team is working on a space game and Guerilla is working on a RPG Shooter(similar to fallout).

i'd still be dissapointed, because if its GoW only in name, it would have to have  atleast a small tie to previous games, and it wouldnt be all new. 

sorry to dissapoint, but that space rumor turned out to be false, they are working on uncharted. also, last i heard GG's game was rumored to be a RPG, but not sure i ever heard if its like fallout. 

Errr sorry I got my studio mixed up. SSM is working on a space game(assumption) because they just hired the battlestar galactica writer. SSM probably release a GoW reboot to draw in fans, then release the new IP. GG rpg game might be similar to fallout since they just hired the writer.

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

I don't want a GoW that's like the ones we have now. I want it to be fresh, but recognizable as GoW.  I trust them to do it. 

It seems like they are expanding into 3 teams, but with Todd Papy now gone to crytek that team may have just went to Barlog and then there is Stig's team.  Or they have Stig's team, Barlog team, and another person who got promoted to be director of Todd Papy's team.  Stig's is defintely a new IP so you have your wish for a new IP.  Todd Papy's old team may be the ones doing GoW or Barlog may have come back and is creating a bigger, better, more epic GoW game with a whole new mythology.   Also it's seems as if ND could potentially turn into a 3 team studio which would be amazing.   

i dont think that is ever gonna happen. to me it seems like old franchises. like GoW, Halo, uncharted, Cod and so on wont indure radical changes to their formula. to risk not alienating the fanbase and more importantly, to risk not alienating reviewers. also, these franchises were built and created in a different time, so doing something new and fresh would be basically messing up with their old forumla, i dont think it would work. 

maybe they are 3 teams. but i cant wait for SSM's new IP. i wonder if its an FPS, TPS or not a shooter at all. also, i am getting a feeling this is sony's biggest first party tittle in development, it sure seems to be teased as such. Feb reveal we had stig in that video where devs talked about the PS4, at gamescom they teased SSM, MM and ND's games. and at PS4AllAccess shu commented on every game they asked about with a word expect SSM where he said "im too scared to say anything". ughhh i cant fucking wait for this XD

I'm not sure it will either, but I have to hold out hope that they don't run it into the ground by not mixing things up.   I just hope that Sony goes all out at E3 by announcing 3-4 new big first party games and then showing off an amazeballs demo of Uncharted, The Order, and SSM new game, if they announce it there. Plus show off a couple epic new 3rd party games(exclusives?) that have not been shown before.  Few indies etc.  

Then the final blow, PRICE DROP to $350. :-p  Yeah a price drop will not happen till probably 2015, but that would be epic shit.  Though they may announce a 1TB PS4 for $450 or they may wait till a price drop to introduce 1TB ps4 for $400.

nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

I don't want a GoW that's like the ones we have now. I want it to be fresh, but recognizable as GoW.  I trust them to do it.

It seems like they are expanding into 3 teams, but with Todd Papy now gone to crytek that team may have just went to Barlog and then there is Stig's team.  Or they have Stig's team, Barlog team, and another person who got promoted to be director of Todd Papy's team.  Stig's is defintely a new IP so you have your wish for a new IP.  Todd Papy's old team may be the ones doing GoW or Barlog may have come back and is creating a bigger, better, more epic GoW game with a whole new mythology.   Also it's seems as if ND could potentially turn into a 3 team studio which would be amazing.

i dont think that is ever gonna happen. to me it seems like old franchises. like GoW, Halo, uncharted, Cod and so on wont indure radical changes to their formula. to risk not alienating the fanbase and more importantly, to risk not alienating reviewers. also, these franchises were built and created in a different time, so doing something new and fresh would be basically messing up with their old forumla, i dont think it would work.

maybe they are 3 teams. but i cant wait for SSM's new IP. i wonder if its an FPS, TPS or not a shooter at all. also, i am getting a feeling this is sony's biggest first party tittle in development, it sure seems to be teased as such. Feb reveal we had stig in that video where devs talked about the PS4, at gamescom they teased SSM, MM and ND's games. and at PS4AllAccess shu commented on every game they asked about with a word expect SSM where he said "im too scared to say anything". ughhh i cant fucking wait for this XD

I'm not sure it will either, but I have to hold out hope that they don't run it into the ground by not mixing things up.   I just hope that Sony goes all out at E3 by announcing 3-4 new big first party games and then showing off an amazeballs demo of Uncharted, The Order, and SSM new game, if they announce it there. Plus show off a couple epic new 3rd party games(exclusives?) that have not been shown before.  Few indies etc.

Then the final blow, PRICE DROP to $350. :-p  Yeah a price drop will not happen till probably 2015, but that would be epic shit.  Though they may announce a 1TB PS4 for $450 or they may wait till a price drop to introduce 1TB ps4 for $400.

I would feel ripped off for a 1TB PS4 for more than 400€/$. The price difference between 500GB and 1TB is about 15€ and for Sony even less. They could just do it without even taking a hit in profit. 1TB versions would sell like hot shit because consumers like big numbers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

pezus said:
vivster said:
nnodley said:

I would feel ripped off for a 1TB PS4 for more than 400€/$. The price difference between 500GB and 1TB is about 15€ and for Sony even less. They could just do it without even taking a hit in profit. 1TB versions would sell like hot shit because consumers like big numbers.

But 500>1 :O. They would have to say 1000 GB or something

I think (read I hope) consumers know by now that tera is better than giga.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I hold the ps4 controller for the first time and it felt like sex. Never before i had such a wonderful feeling holding a controller for the first time. It really is amazing. Its not as loose as the D3 or not as chunky as the xbox 360 controller. Its just perfect!!! Oh i played the Knack demo killzone was not available :/ Anyways the game looks great not next gen level but still good i cant see why people would hate on this game.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

you want us to name 215 games? o.O

nnodley said:

i was thinking about it and showing footage of the order at E3 for the first time would be so weird, i mean we would have had to wait a full year from announcment to see gameplay?  i think they should show some gameplay at the start of the year, then show some more at E3.

hopefully they announce more games next year at E3 than last year. im hoping for MM's new game, Sony Santa Monica's new game and Sony Bends new game. and i see them announcing Gran Turismo 7 and maybe GG's new IP, both coming 2015. Last year MS blew their load, but it was cool, they had a lot of exclusives announced and i hope sony does something similiar. though, dont give me small meaningless teasers like that black tusk game. 

im actually thinking they will announce a price cut not at E3, but at gamescom. isnt that where they announced the last 2 price cuts for PS3? also it would be later in the year around the end of august, so it would be great timing for the build up to E3. i think they will have a price cut next year, The PS4 architecture is very different to the PS3's. being more like a PC will allow price to drop faster, and hasnt GDDR5 memory been dropping in price as well? i think sony will want to get the price down to a more mass market price as soon as possible. its the software and PS+ that will bring them the profits anyways, not hardware. 

Best Shooter

Killzone Mercenaries

Bioshock Infinite

Best JRPG (Japanese Role-Playing Game)

Ni No Kuni

Tales of Xillia

Persona 4 Golden

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix

TBest WRPG (Western Role-Playing Game)

Best Action/Adventure Game

Soul Sacrifice

The Last of Us

AC4

Best Platformer

Rayman Legends

Guacamelee!

Contrast

Tearaway

Best Racing Game

GT6

Best Fighting Game

Injustice

Persona 4 Arena

Best Sports Game

... (I'm assuming FIFA will win but I'm not voting in this category)

Best Story

The Last of Us

AC4

Kingdom Hearts HD remix

Ni No Kuni

Best Soundtrack

AC4

Rayman Legends

Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD Remix

Best Ending

The Last of Us

Ni No Kuni

Kingdom Hearts HD

Most Addictive Gameplay

Best Multiplayer

Most Difficult Gameplay

Guacamelee! (stupid freaking orbs lol)

Best New IP

Ni No Kuni

The Last of Us

Best Sequel

Assassin's Creed 4

GTAV

Best Playstation Exclusive

The Last of Us

Best Multiplatform Game (Playstation+non-Playstation platform(s))

GTAV

AC4

Rayman Legends

Best Indie/PSN Game

Contrast

Guacamelee!

Lone Survivor

Resogun

Best Playstation 3 Game

The Last of Us

Best Playstation Vita Game

Persona 4 Golden (Released in Feb 13 for EU)

Best Playstation 4 Game

Assassin's Creed 4

Playstation Game of the Year

Ni No Kuni

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Best Shooter:
Killzone Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4

Best JRPG:
Persona 4: Golden
Ni no Kuni
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Tales of Xillia
Final Fantasy XIV