How does this make you feel?

Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

Yay just scored another year of PS+ for 33,33€ on Amazon :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

so what are peoples thoughts on VR? does anybody think Sony will announce their rumored VR headset at CES?

YES YES YES!!!! Uncharted PS4 is gonna look mind-blowing(obviously)!!!!!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/21/sony-to-bring-highly-realistic-faces-to-naughty-dog-sony-santa-monica-and-guerrilla-games/

nnodley said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/21/sony-to-bring-highly-realistic-faces-to-naughty-dog-sony-santa-monica-and-guerrilla-games/

you dont say?!!

whats the most interesting thing about that article though? is that when they list Sony Santa Monica they say "God of war franchise". did they just confirm a GoW in the work at Sony Santa Monica? 

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

you dont say?!!

whats the most interesting thing about that article though? is that when they list Sony Santa Monica they say "God of war franchise". did they just confirm a GoW in the work at Sony Santa Monica? 

Well it's probably likely there is a new GoW.  That much is obvious, but it is odd they say that.  It may just be that that is the franchise people associate with them most.  No matter, I don't think a new GoW will be released till 2016-2017 anyway. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
so what are peoples thoughts on VR? does anybody think Sony will announce their rumored VR headset at CES?

I love VR. It's amazing tech and an even more amazing experience. Best shot this gen has at a casual gimmick.

nnodley said:

Well it's probably likely there is a new GoW.  That much is obvious, but it is odd they say that.  It may just be that that is the franchise people associate with them most.  No matter, I don't think a new GoW will be released till 2016-2017 anyway. 

honestly, i dont want a new GoW. yes, its my favorite franchise, but i think it ran its course and thats enough. i wouldnt want them to release new games and ruin the franchise. im not saying if they do release one i wont get it, but i would rather SSM make a new IP, along with their current new IP in development. yes, i am a new IP whore. i want as many as possible, thats what i want from every new gen. 

however IF they do have a GoW in development, it would be interesting to see how they are handling it. do they have 3 teams now? with cory barlogs team just being created this year (as he stated before). 

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

honestly, i dont want a new GoW. yes, its my favorite franchise, but i think it ran its course and thats enough. i wouldnt want them to release new games and ruin the franchise. im not saying if they do release one i wont get it, but i would rather SSM make a new IP, along with their current new IP in development. yes, i am a new IP whore. i want as many as possible, thats what i want from every new gen. 

however IF they do have a GoW in development, it would be interesting to see how they are handling it. do they have 3 teams now? with cory barlogs team just being created this year (as he stated before). 

I don't want a GoW that's like the ones we have now. I want it to be fresh, but recognizable as GoW.  I trust them to do it. 

It seems like they are expanding into 3 teams, but with Todd Papy now gone to crytek that team may have just went to Barlog and then there is Stig's team.  Or they have Stig's team, Barlog team, and another person who got promoted to be director of Todd Papy's team.  Stig's is defintely a new IP so you have your wish for a new IP.  Todd Papy's old team may be the ones doing GoW or Barlog may have come back and is creating a bigger, better, more epic GoW game with a whole new mythology.   Also it's seems as if ND could potentially turn into a 3 team studio which would be amazing.   

nnodley said:

I don't want a GoW that's like the ones we have now. I want it to be fresh, but recognizable as GoW.  I trust them to do it. 

It seems like they are expanding into 3 teams, but with Todd Papy now gone to crytek that team may have just went to Barlog and then there is Stig's team.  Or they have Stig's team, Barlog team, and another person who got promoted to be director of Todd Papy's team.  Stig's is defintely a new IP so you have your wish for a new IP.  Todd Papy's old team may be the ones doing GoW or Barlog may have come back and is creating a bigger, better, more epic GoW game with a whole new mythology.   Also it's seems as if ND could potentially turn into a 3 team studio which would be amazing.   

i dont think that is ever gonna happen. to me it seems like old franchises. like GoW, Halo, uncharted, Cod and so on wont indure radical changes to their formula. to risk not alienating the fanbase and more importantly, to risk not alienating reviewers. also, these franchises were built and created in a different time, so doing something new and fresh would be basically messing up with their old forumla, i dont think it would work. 

maybe they are 3 teams. but i cant wait for SSM's new IP. i wonder if its an FPS, TPS or not a shooter at all. also, i am getting a feeling this is sony's biggest first party tittle in development, it sure seems to be teased as such. Feb reveal we had stig in that video where devs talked about the PS4, at gamescom they teased SSM, MM and ND's games. and at PS4AllAccess shu commented on every game they asked about with a word expect SSM where he said "im too scared to say anything". ughhh i cant fucking wait for this XD

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

i dont think that is ever gonna happen. to me it seems like old franchises. like GoW, Halo, uncharted, Cod and so on wont indure radical changes to their formula. to risk not alienating the fanbase and more importantly, to risk not alienating reviewers. also, these franchises were built and created in a different time, so doing something new and fresh would be basically messing up with their old forumla, i dont think it would work. 

maybe they are 3 teams. but i cant wait for SSM's new IP. i wonder if its an FPS, TPS or not a shooter at all. also, i am getting a feeling this is sony's biggest first party tittle in development, it sure seems to be teased as such. Feb reveal we had stig in that video where devs talked about the PS4, at gamescom they teased SSM, MM and ND's games. and at PS4AllAccess shu commented on every game they asked about with a word expect SSM where he said "im too scared to say anything". ughhh i cant fucking wait for this XD

Might be God of War only in name. I think Sony is rebooting old franchises to draw in the fans and than releasing new IPs later on. At least we know one Naughty Dog Team is working on a space game and Guerilla is working on a RPG Shooter(similar to fallout).