By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Guesstimates on Sony's 3rd Quarter Operating income for the gaming division

Bodhesatva said:

I'll be a rogue, and say they break even almost exactly.

They took a HUGE hit on their reports last quarter by devaluing their warehouse inventory from 600 to 400 dollars: that means all those 80 GB models that were already manufactured could now be sold at break even or even at a profit.

That's why Sony's reports were so incredibly awful last quarter, and thus I expect this quarter to be particularly good -- followed by another mediocre-to-bad quarter following this one, because the 400-dollar-devaluing effect will be gone, as will Christmas software sales.

Good to have some common sense around these boards once in a while.  But, I think it will be between $100-$200 million.  This is the Nikko estimates.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.