By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rayman Legends developers protest Ubisoft’s delay

Rayman creator Michel Ancel has joined the fight in bringing Rayman Legends to Wii U ahead of the new September release date.

Last week the gaming industry was rocked with the news that Ubisoft is delaying the Wii U version of Rayman Legends until September to release the game as a multi-platform release. Many of you were highly disappointed and flooded Ubisoft’s Facebook page until the company relented and promised an exclusive demo for Wii U owners.

Now the developers of the game are joining the fight. Rayman creator Michel Ancel has taken photos alongside his development team protesting the delay of the Wii U release, with a banner featuring a crying Rayman. The banner reads “Release Rayman. Support Ubisoft Montpellier” as a crying Rayman says “please”. The banner also features the original release date of the game, set for February 28th.

Ubisoft has not responded to this protest yet, but we’ll keep you up to date if anything develops. What do you think of the developers efforts? Do you support them? Let us know in the comments.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/02/rayman-legends-developers-protest-ubisofts-delay/

Around the Network

I hope this goes somewhere solely in the hope that more devs will start standing up to publishers.

nice... now they need to advertise the petition that is almost over 10,000 signatures.

I wonder why there's only three of them

the_dengle said:

Well bananaking made the original, then I made one, then crazy man made one and now this...so 4 in total xD

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Does it really matter. Everyone is yelling at Ubisoft to release the same on the scheduled time. We are all working together to tell big companies like Ubisoft to stop effing there developer and the fans! Most developers just accept what ever the studio decides to do. They are standing up with the thousands of people to say we will not take it anymore. I am happy!

The damage is already done...

the_dengle said:

Probably because most of the developers wish to keep their jobs and afraid to "rock the boat"

the damage is done, it is sad, but it is preferable for Ubisoft to not release the game now. It will flop and it will prove what Nintendo gamers don't need.

osed125 said:
the_dengle said:

Well bananaking made the original, then I made one, then crazy man made one and now this...so 4 in total xD

I meant three developers in the picture. XP I'm sure more than three people worked on this game.

Metallicube said:
the_dengle said:

Probably because most of the developers wish to keep their jobs and afraid to "rock the boat"

Certainly possible, but Ubi would have to be pretty dumb to fire such talented developers over something like this.

Although considering the unnecessary delay, Ubi may in fact be pretty dumb.

But I figure with Ancel there those guys should be safe. Surely Ubi wouldn't mess with their golden goose.