By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Phantom Hourglass impressions

Yes, I know their late, but I got the game Sunday (I found my lost DS a week ago) Anyway, I made a list of :) & :( :) -The touch screen works 10,000 times better then expected -Boss battles are the most creative I've seen from Zelda games -Good uses of DS features -VERY challenging -Funny. Go figure. -Sailing has improved :( -The PH temple that you repeat is boring -The sword is a bit hard to use -The return of annoying fairies -Not a very deep story Keep in mind that I'm only halfway through (Main temple visit 4) and my opinions can change drastically by the end of the game. So far, a solid 9.5, despise the annoyances. :)

Around the Network

This is the game I need a DS for. I have never really wanted a handheld until now.

If I ever get a DS, I'd probably pick up Pokemon and a few other things as well.

Phantom Hourglass is my favorite Zelda of all time, including console efforts. I loved Windwaker but the awful Triforce trawl in the end and some sailing annoyances broke it for me.

By the way, the game is not challenging, in fact it's one of the easiest Zeldas ever. Just play Majora's Mask after this and you'll see what I mean. The thing I really liked about PH though is that the gameplay, especially in the dungeons, was refined. All the bad, boring parts ( such as backtracking and wandering ) was left out and each dungeon was a 30minute - 1 hour of pure joy.

I rather agree with Roland, though. It was kind of annoying to search around the seas and have found the same 3 boat parts. Nothing earth-shattering, though. Really liked this game, for me it's a definite 9.4/10