By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bold predictions.. Gone casual!

So as we all know, microsoft would do anything to garner the 'casual' or non shooter/kill this and that demographic. Using vgchartz figures, their current lineup of family friendly titles worth noting are..

Dance Dance revolution universe | 240k

Dance Dance revolution universe 2 | 150k

Beautiful katamari | 220k (does not include europe)

Kameo | 540k

Eternal sonata | 200k (does not include europe)

Blue Dragon | 450k

Viva pinata | 1.13M (with europeon bundle assist)

Guitar hero 2 | 1.89M

Guitar hero 3 | 2.09M

Rockband | 750k (does not include europe or japan)

Lego star wars 2 | 850k

Lego Star wars the complete saga | 470k

The simpsons game | 550k

Scene it? | 340k (does not include europe or japan)

Naruto | 260k (does not include europe or japan)

So what kind of predictions would you make on these? Predict europeon figures before they get added, will they break a million? If not/so, how much would you estimate? Just any general predictions.    

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

Chances are, if you're buying a 360, then you're not buying a lot of casual titles. The Wii has a stranglehold on the casual market, and Microsoft will probably want to keep portraying the "Second System" stereotype for the Wii, and will try to stay as "hardcore" as possible.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

not at all, microsoft wants all the demographic they can get, so does nintendo. Expect nintendo to try and snag some of the microsoft candy as well. Just the nature of business.

I don't know, maybe the candy that sold over 7 million halos, 5 million gears and over 4 million cod4s in a couple months. Creed, etc.

Nintendo has the casual market cornered no doubt, MS can get some scraps, but on the flip side nintendo has very little in the section of hardcore or online titles. Hell even sony is beating them there.

On a side note, it's interesting that people click a thread and then post unrelated aspects to it, no mention of wii in the initial post there.    

I disagree, I think wii could see sellers like creed not made by nintendo if the company put the same level of effort in. As for the competing consoles quip, it doesn't have to when I just ask simple questions about specific games. Topic wasn't 'wii sucks 360 will win the casuals!' because.. that would be dumb :p

Around the Network

It makes perfect sense for Nintendo to compete for gamers in the same areas as MS and vice versa. I don't know why people always say MS shouldn't make casual games cause they sell better on Wii.

You'll never expand if that's your way of thinking. If Nintendo made an amazing FPS title and 5 million people purchased it they most likely expanded their Wii userbase to a more hardcore audience. It's not as much as Halo but does that make the game a failure? Hardly.

Well I have my own predictions in my head but why offer guidelines? Part of the predicting process is using factors you consider relevant. Example, blue dragon anime coming to america, will it have any impact on sales? Will BD see a viva pinata like boost when it becomes a platinum hit? A person could make a very strong case for BD and seem sane while another can say it will remain a flop forever and be right.

Just sayin