By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Sony mislead devs

Rumors will be rumors.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Well, this was pretty hilarious all the same. Thanks for posting :P

I particularly like how he tried to sell it "It's just not fair" bit.

M.U.G.E.N said:
lol come now..you really believe that? It's from a guy named xbox infinity and he says it's unfair or some other nonsense >_>

The more popular rumor and one that actually has been backed by some trusted sources would be Sony increasing the ram from 2GB to 4GB GDDR5. But that's it.

I thought the rumour is that sony is aiming to  match microsofts 8GB for the final hardware specs

Seems like a nice strategy which will lead me to buy a PS4 due to more power than Xbox. If devs are lazy i'll just skip their games.

This is stupid. Sony should do everything they can to not reveal their PS4. Hell, we've got another thread or two going on about how Nintendo's GPU is so custom people can barely figure out what it is, and saying they didn't even tell developers what it could do.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
007BondAgent said:
Otakumegane said:
Wait what?

sony lied about the ps4 specs to hurt the nextbox

i hope this is nothing more then just rumour, because it's pretty low. 'smart though'

So uh...Sony supposedly said their console was going to be lower in power so that MS makes a slightly better one?

Then reveal its true form or something?

If true, shame on Microsoft for taking the bait.  It all seems fairly predictable.  Based on Sony's last three systems (PSP, PS3, and Vita) there is nothing to suggest they would suddenly reverse their focus and make a modestly-powerful machine instead of a very powerful machine. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

How is this even a thread

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

ONCE AGAIN : LOL if you think MS hasn't known the specs from day 1.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

@shinobi
because people are simply dying for ps4 news. The hype train is 50 cars long already

teigaga said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
lol come now..you really believe that? It's from a guy named xbox infinity and he says it's unfair or some other nonsense >_>

The more popular rumor and one that actually has been backed by some trusted sources would be Sony increasing the ram from 2GB to 4GB GDDR5. But that's it.

I thought the rumour is that sony is aiming to  match microsofts 8GB for the final hardware specs

I believe that was mentioned in one of the recent articles (Kotaku was it?)..I think they misinterpreted or poorly worded what they said. 4GB of GDDR5 should be plenty for a next gen console and should be enough to match durango RAM. I think the article was referring to when sony presumebly had 2GB of GDDR5 RAM. It was said that after developers asked them they increased it to 4. 

@oldschool: definitely but the post this thread is about is just pure nonsense. Dev kits change over time...that has nothing to do with notions such as 'misleading' or 'unfair' 

@Sxyxs: lol yep wouldn't be surprised

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!