By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How well will FFXIII do in Japan?

1.5 million first week sounds about right

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

A hell of alot copies.

2 mill first month.

3.5 life time (japan)

I see you expect hardware to triple for DR, it never did better then double in the past. Why do you feel it will have such strong hardware sales?

MrMafoo said:
I see you expect hardware to triple for DR, it never did better then double in the past. Why do you feel it will have such strong hardware sales?

me ?

whats dr. 

k

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>FFXIII will probably explode out in Japan, but have non-existent legs.

when a game sells close to 2 million copies in first week, it doesn't NEED legs. lol

2 million in Japan is pretty much out of the question.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Nice prediction, I think you may be right "spunky".

Hardware
First week: 200k
Week after: 150k
* If Sony release in a same day PS Three (Slim) then HW = whole shipment

Software
First day: 1M
First week: 1.3M
LTD: 2M

2 million

Remember it will the first FF game on PS3 and remember the PS3 is still pretty expensive
so considering another price drop (in japan) + others games
I believe the game will sell very well.

Time to Work !

Wel by the time FF launches I expect MGS4, White Knight Story and Gran turismo 5 to be out. So sales should be consistently higher than it is now.

Launch week = 1.6 million
Hardware 200k

Time will tell

Ynwa.