By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 24.00%

A Link to the Past 10 40.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 12.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.00%

Other 1 4.00%

Total:25

I’ll be playing The Legend of Zelda (NES) this weekend if anyone is interested in playing simultaneously. 

I hope to replay all the Zelda games over the next year or so.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I’ll be playing The Legend of Zelda (NES) this weekend if anyone is interested in playing simultaneously. 

I hope to replay all the Zelda games over the next year or so.

You mean ALL the Zelda games or just a subset of the series (2D,3D, multiplayer games) ?

All the mainline, canon entries....so it might be closer to two years :P

I’d like to do that.

Recently I finally got a good complete big box copy of Four Swords Aventures and Adventure of Link on GBA so I now have every retail release of every official Zelda game or spin-off ever. Next step is phase 2; getting the CD-i games.

Anyway, there’s just no time. It’d take so long to beat them all.

Good luck though!

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 20 July 2019

I've been wanting to do it, but my backlog is so horribly wrong it would just be disrespectful to my wallet to replay that many games before getting through the ones I haven't touched yet. Someday though, I want to marathon every game in the series, Tingle games and CDi games included, just to say I did. Maybe in 40 years or so when I retire. Though there will be a lot more games to marathon by then.

Thanks for the the encouragement guys!

Finished The Legend of Zelda today...I’ll be writing a feature on it. I’ll post the link once it’s up.

On to Zelda II!

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
I've been wanting to do it, but my backlog is so horribly wrong it would just be disrespectful to my wallet to replay that many games before getting through the ones I haven't touched yet. Someday though, I want to marathon every game in the series, Tingle games and CDi games included, just to say I did. Maybe in 40 years or so when I retire. Though there will be a lot more games to marathon by then.

I totally sympathize. It’s tough finding time to revisit old games when you’ve got so many sitting unplayed or still in shrink wrap.

Not enough hours in the day...

Veknoid_Outcast said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I totally sympathize. It’s tough finding time to revisit old games when you’ve got so many sitting unplayed or still in shrink wrap.

Not enough hours in the day...

The shrink wrapped ones hurt the most to look at...

Yeah I also wish I had the time to play every Zelda game again. I recently played the original again but I took the no sword challenge, I must say it was quite fun! It brings new twists and challenges so I suggest you guys to try it.

Here is Part I of XVIII :P

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/439515/zelda-replay-part-i-the-legend-of-zelda/

The original Zelda actually went up in my estimation during this replay. I know it’s become cliche to compare everything to Dark Souls, but TLoZ kind of captured that essence 25 years earlier. It’s dangerous, cryptic, and lonely, and if you enter a gauntlet under-equipped, under-powered, or otherwise unprepared the game will punish you for it.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Here is Part I of XVIII :P

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/439515/zelda-replay-part-i-the-legend-of-zelda/

The original Zelda actually went up in my estimation during this replay. I know it’s become cliche to compare everything to Dark Souls, but TLoZ kind of captured that essence 25 years earlier. It’s dangerous, cryptic, and lonely, and if you enter a gauntlet under-equipped, under-powered, or otherwise unprepared the game will punish you for it.

That isn't the first time I've seen the "Zelda was Dark Souls before Dark Souls" comparison. It really did accomplish a lot of the same things as Dark Souls with similar design philsophy. It's a very fair comparison, cliche be damned.