By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Stumbled across this over at Kotatu: http://kotaku.com/the-internets-2001-hate-for-one-of-the-most-beautiful-1441105533

The editors retrieved some of more venomous comments about the original Wind Waker art direction from 2001.

I know that there are many wind waker fans here but like it or not it is one of the main reasons why the GC failed, it single handedley brought down the GC and almost nintendo. WW is to GC is the same as a $599 price tag on the ps3 or what a lack of games and an uninteresting gamepad is to the wiiU.

I don't think nintendo would ever make a big mistake like that again, but then again the wiiU is on a dangerous road right now.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
SvennoJ said:
I got the physical copy yesterday. I didn't expect it to blow me away as much as it did, it looks absolutely gorgeous in 1080p. My 4 year old was immediately sold on the game as well, he played it for a couple of hours with my help.
Off-tv mode works great too, simply press - and it switches to the gamepad instantly.

Awesome news.

How do you like the controls?

I haven't noticed much motion beside when aiming like using the rope.

At first I kept running off the ledges to my death when using the hook rope.  Kept pushing button that brings up rope and the aiming recticle.  Then i would use the left analog stick to try and aim.  Needless to say this leads to many a falling off the ledge.  I found it very difficulty to aim with the right stick for some reason.  

Then finally after like my 20th time using the rope I either stumbled upon the aiming with the gyroscope or remembered it, dont' recall.  But its soo damn easy now to just casually tilt the controller a few degrees to aim correctly.  You dont' have to move it very far at all.  Not lik some games where you have to move it almost like real life, like you would have to aim almost at the ceiling to be correct.  Youc an just lightly til the controller up a centimeter and your good.  

Aiming is soo much faster, easier and smoother than any analog.  Also more natural feeling.

This as usually when discussing such topics as control method, IMO.

cyberninja45 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Stumbled across this over at Kotatu: http://kotaku.com/the-internets-2001-hate-for-one-of-the-most-beautiful-1441105533

The editors retrieved some of more venomous comments about the original Wind Waker art direction from 2001.

I know that there are many wind waker fans here but like it or not it is one of the main reasons why the GC failed, it single handedley brought down the GC and almost nintendo. WW is to GC is the same as a $599 price tag on the ps3 or what a lack of games and an uninteresting gamepad is to the wiiU.

I don't think nintendo would ever make a big mistake like that again, but then again the wiiU is on a dangerous road right now.

I think you're really missing the big picture. I don't think a single game, especially a game that sold 4.6 million units and is adored by critics and fans, can doom a system. Gamecube did poorly mostly because of its competition: the PS2. It built on the huge install base from PS1, featured an avalanche of must-have titles, and featured DVD playback. 

You're placing the blame unfairly on Wind Waker.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I got the WW bundle yesterday. WW look great on my new Smart TV.

Awesome :)

Have you had time to check out Hyrule Historia?

No Hyrule historia for me - or any european who buys the bundle. A free week trial of Wii Karaoka U is included with that bundle, not Hyrule historia.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

irstupid said:

I haven't noticed much motion beside when aiming like using the rope.

At first I kept running off the ledges to my death when using the hook rope.  Kept pushing button that brings up rope and the aiming recticle.  Then i would use the left analog stick to try and aim.  Needless to say this leads to many a falling off the ledge.  I found it very difficulty to aim with the right stick for some reason.  

Then finally after like my 20th time using the rope I either stumbled upon the aiming with the gyroscope or remembered it, dont' recall.  But its soo damn easy now to just casually tilt the controller a few degrees to aim correctly.  You dont' have to move it very far at all.  Not lik some games where you have to move it almost like real life, like you would have to aim almost at the ceiling to be correct.  Youc an just lightly til the controller up a centimeter and your good.  

Aiming is soo much faster, easier and smoother than any analog.  Also more natural feeling.

This as usually when discussing such topics as control method, IMO.

Man, the more I hear about this game the more I need to try it. GameStop is taking forever to mail my copy.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

No Hyrule historia for me - or any european who buys the bundle. A free week trial of Wii Karaoka U is included with that bundle, not Hyrule historia.

I didn't realize that. That stinks. Well, you can probably get it cheap somewhere else, right? 

I started my very first play through on Hero mode. Doing the first dungean with no botlle for potions and only three hearts had me dying like ten times before i beat it. Loose one heart before going into a boss fight and you could have already lost.
Though but fun :).

Some personal observations:

• Sailing is really nice. I have never played a game with such a feeling of travel.
  • The color design in this game is amazing. I think this is the most colorfull Zelda i ever played.
  • The touch controls with items and map are pretty spot on. Cheking out the map and details on it is so easy. It even stores the info from the fish who updates you map, so you can always check it.
  • Music is different but great in its own.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I didn't realize that. That stinks. Well, you can probably get it cheap somewhere else, right? 

I assume NIntendo will offer it for digital purchase sooner or later. It's already digital in the NA bundle. So all they have to do is put on the eshop.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I started my very first play thourgh on Hero mode. Doing the first dungean with no botlle for potions and only three hearts had me dying like ten times before i beat it. Loose one heart before going into a boss fight and you could have already lost.
Though but fun :).

Some personal observations:

• Sailing is really nice. I have never played a game with such a feeling of travel.
  • The color design in this game is amazing. I think this is the most colorfull Zelda i ever played.
  • The touch controls with items and map are pretty spot on. Cheking out the map and details on it is so easy. It even stores the info from the fish who updates you map, so you can always check it.
  • Music is different but great in its own.

Haven't played the original in forever so could be wrong, but the whole organization of the items just seems so much nicer as well.  Just seems so easy to look at the items in your loot pouch or your bait bag, ect.  Is it just the touch pad making this so easy/smooth/nice or is it different than it was in gamecube.

But no bottle in first dungeon?  I had a bottle for the first dungeon.  Not sure where I got it though, can't recal.  Maybe I got it in the dungeon?  Not sure, all I know is that I had no where to fill it with red potion or anything.  Only place I could find was throwing bait down by a rat hole and then buying a red potion off of it for 30 ruppees.

Though right before the boss battle there is two pots with fairies in it.  So bottle up a fairy and run into the other.  That shoudl leave you with full 6 hearts to fight boss.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
cyberninja45 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think you're really missing the big picture. I don't think a single game, especially a game that sold 4.6 million units and is adored by critics and fans, can doom a system. Gamecube did poorly mostly because of its competition: the PS2. It built on the huge install base from PS1, featured an avalanche of must-have titles, and featured DVD playback. 

You're placing the blame unfairly on Wind Waker.

@ bolded

That's exactly my point right there you just said it, Zelda for GC should have been by all means the most anticipated next gen title at the time, and up to the the point of WW reveal it probably was, afterall it was coming off one of the most well known game amongst gamers at the time called Ocarina of Time.

Now I might have just exaggerated a bit on WW impact on GC sales, but it did play a major role in not helping the GC.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)