By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

http://www.zeldaelements.net/images/games/links_awakening/artwork/japan.jpg i actually havent beaten a links awakening for the gameboy yet. im playing it now (its REALLY GOOD) and i just beat lvl 6!

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
anthony64641 said:
http://www.zeldaelements.net/images/games/links_awakening/artwork/japan.jpg i actually havent beaten a links awakening for the gameboy yet. im playing it now (its REALLY GOOD) and i just beat lvl 6!

Nice!

Are you playing in on the Virtual Console?

Well guys, I've finally mustered the willpower to put that old gold Zelda II: The Adventure of Link cartridge into the NES and give it another go.

It's the only Zelda game I've yet to beat. That I own anyway, the only other one FSA, but don't have it. I consider it one of, if not the hardest game I've ever played and never even gotten past the very first dungeon. But I've found the secret! You can actually kill those flying skulls, Bubbles, for 50XP points. They take a million hits, but they're easier to kill then Iron Knuckles for example and they respawn. I'm gonna grind for some level-ups first and after that I'm finally gonna kick that game's a**!!

@ anthony64641: Link's Awakening is the second best Zelda ever made in my opinion. It's genius. Be sure to play it al the way through! It's worth it.

RolStoppable said:

It's rather easy to grind in the first dungeon, if you are at least somewhat skilled. Exiting and re-entering will make all enemies respawn, plus hitting the statue at the start will fill up your magic while the fairy somewhere in the middle of the dungeon can replenish your health. That should certainly be faster than killing those flying skulls.

Finishing any dungeon (activating the pedestal, not defeating the boss) will also give you a level up, so to make the most of it, you better finish it with as few EXP points as possible. If you are just short of a level up and need only 20 EXP, then 20 EXP is all you will get.

To save you from being disappointed, I'll tell you right now that you won't kick that game's ass. There's a level cap (it's 8 in each category), so it's impossible to become overpowered. The game only ever gets more difficult, not easier.

Thanks for the tips.

And yeah, I was only trying to encourage myself there... I know of the horrors that await, from video's and well... legend .

In an interview with Wired, Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma had this to say about the new Zelda game for Wii U:

Wired: You’ve said you’re working on, past Wind Waker, an all-new Zelda game for Wii U. I know it’s very early in development, but I’m curious if you can give us any idea about what it is you’re thinking about as far as how to use the features of Wii U in a Zelda that’s made entirely for that platform.

Aonuma: That’s actually a really hard question to answer, because if I put it into words it might be misunderstood at this point. Wind Waker is kind of a test pattern for the team. In converting Wind Waker, there’s a lot to be learned. We can’t change too much, because in changing one thing you can break something else, which is not something we want to do. But it’s a shared team working on both of those projects, Wind Waker HD and the new Zelda for Wii U. Every day, they’re learning something new. As we develop the controls for Wind Waker, they’re learning how to apply those controls in the Wii U version. There’s a feedback process where when something’s discovered in development for Wind Waker, all that information is fed to the Wii U team. So we’re working on those things, polishing as we go, and all of those things — it’s a learning process, it’s a test case almost, and we’ll apply all of those learnings that we’ve acquired in developing the Wii U game.

Source: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/07/aonuma-zelda-wii-u/2/

Sounds like the traditional analog controls of Wind Waker will be used for Zelda Wii U, which means the motion controls of Skyward Sword will be shelved...at least temporarily.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?

I, for one, thought the motion controls in Skyward Sword were a revelation. But I suppose it would be difficult to use both the GamePad and the MotionPlus controller simultaneousy.

Around the Network

As a Zelda fan, I don't know exactly how to feel about the new Zelda games. ALBW sounds good and ALTTP is one of the best games, but never imagined a direct sequel. I mean, MM was a direct sequel to OoT but it was different, another world, new mechanics, even if it have the same artstyle.

This time is the same artstyle in 3D but also the same world. Guess I need to give more time.

On the other hand, I was expecting WWHD to look better than what the showed. Some more "pixar" just like the first pics, but at some parts of the trailer looks like WW with just better resolution.

About the new features, well I want to see the new triforce quest and that's all.

For the first time, I have fear for the Zelda U game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
As a Zelda fan, I don't know exactly how to feel about the new Zelda games. ALBW sounds good and ALTTP is one of the best games, but never imagined a direct sequel. I mean, MM was a direct sequel to OoT but it was different, another world, new mechanics, even if it have the same artstyle.

This time is the same artstyle in 3D but also the same world. Guess I need to give more time.

On the other hand, I was expecting WWHD to look better than what the showed. Some more "pixar" just like the first pics, but at some parts of the trailer looks like WW with just better resolution.

About the new features, well I want to see the new triforce quest and that's all.

For the first time, I have fear for the Zelda U game.

What's worrying you about the Zelda U game? Art direction? Controls? Game design?

I like what I'm hearing about the new Zelda... They're returning to a more open world, none-linear world it seems - and that's what I've been wanting since Zelda SS.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
I like what I'm hearing about the new Zelda... They're returning to a more open world, none-linear world it seems - and that's what I've been wanting since Zelda SS.

Yeah, I loved a lot about Skyward Sword, but it felt restricted, narrow, on a guided path. I want to get lost, I want to be stumped, I want to wander around looking for a hidden entrance or a buried treasure.

This is a great series. I wish to would go multi platform though, but not likely as developed by Nintendo I believe.