By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

Man I'm looking forward to Wind Waker so much!! But I'll get a 3DS first, because, you know, it has 2 Zelda games on it! I also have to play the original aLttP!! Seems like I'll have A LOT of Zelda gaming to do this year!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

My 3DS Xl now carries 4 Zeldas . OoT 3D, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages & Seasons. Can't get enough Zelda!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
My 3DS Xl now carries 4 Zeldas . OoT 3D, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages & Seasons. Can't get enough Zelda!

Word!!

BasilZero said:

The Legend of Zelda Franchise Considering the Use of DLC

Series producer Eiji Aonuma has expressed an interest in exploring the use of DLC in future instalments of The Legend of Zelda franchise.

Speaking to Nintendo Life, Aonuma said, "We're certainly looking at different ways to add on content that would enhance the experience for the user – maybe more places to explore or just to enrich the experience beyond what is on the disc."

But he also expressed the need to make such extra content meaningful: "we also have to take into consideration that if we charge for this content then it needs to be worth it for the user," said Aonuma. "So it's certainly a balancing an act, but I can't say that it is something we're not considering."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/the-legend-of-zelda-franchise-considering-the-use-of-dlc

I have mixed feelings about DLC, but this could work out. Like Aonuma wrote, it needs to be something meaningful and not overpriced.

DanneSandin said:
Man I'm looking forward to Wind Waker so much!! But I'll get a 3DS first, because, you know, it has 2 Zelda games on it! I also have to play the original aLttP!! Seems like I'll have A LOT of Zelda gaming to do this year!!

Had a chance to check out Wind Waker at Nintendo World this weekend. Looks and plays great!!

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Had a chance to check out Wind Waker at Nintendo World this weekend. Looks and plays great!!

Well, I'm not too surprised ;)

In an interview with Nintendo Life, Aonuma said that he might consider making Zelda a playable character...

NL: The Zelda series tells the story of a male hero rescuing a female princess. Would you ever consider giving Zelda her own game?

Aonuma: This is the second time I've received this question during this E3! I guess if people have strong feelings about it then it’s something to consider. I'll keep that in mind! [laughs]

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

In an interview with Nintendo Life, Aonuma said that he might consider making Zelda a playable character...

NL: The Zelda series tells the story of a male hero rescuing a female princess. Would you ever consider giving Zelda her own game?

Aonuma: This is the second time I've received this question during this E3! I guess if people have strong feelings about it then it’s something to consider. I'll keep that in mind! [laughs]

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

I would be fine with it. It should be marketed as a spin-off title I think, otherwise it might not be considered a 'true Zelda game' and wouldn't fit with the others blahblahblah .

spurgeonryan said:
Oh! Veknoid, long time no see. Nice Avatar!

Am I the only one who wants more islands to explore in this game? UPdated version I mean.

You're not the only one, but I don't think it's going to happen :(

Aonuma said that any dungeons left on the cutting room floor from the original Wind Waker have since been used in other Zelda games, and they don't plan to introduce any new dungeons.

Check out this stop-motion video starring Link!

That Figma Link figure is so cool. I must own it.