By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons showed up on eShop yesterday. Anyone pick them up?

Around the Network

Downloaded Seasons and Ages today. Thought they were unusually cheap until I realized its a promo price until the 20th. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

CityOfNoobs said:

Downloaded Seasons and Ages today. Thought they were unusually cheap until I realized its a promo price until the 20th. 

Nice! Have you played them before or is this your first experience with them?

4,99€ as promo price? That's pretty expensive :/

Gonna get both Oracles sometime in the next two weeks (to take advantage of the promo). Need to get DKR 3D first.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
CityOfNoobs said:

Nice! Have you played them before or is this your first experience with them?

I have played them before, I have played and beat every zelda game not counting the Phillips CDI ones . 

Who is John Galt?

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

CityOfNoobs said:

I have played them before, I have played and beat every zelda game not counting the Phillips CDI ones

No swearing here please .

Veknoid_Outcast said:

*pic*

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons showed up on eShop yesterday. Anyone pick them up?

Nah, I haven't.

I have the originals right here, and a GBC too, so I can play any of the three GameBoy games whenever I choose too. They're all nicely in their boxes next to each other on the shelf. Even have both the regular Link's Awakening as well as the DX version.

The Oracle games were decent. Way better than the other Capcom attempts (Minish Cap and Four Swords (which sucks)) anyway, however they aren't my favorites. Link's Awakening however, is genius and my second favorite Zelda and thus one of the best games of all time. I'll probably grant that game a Virtual Console purchase someday even though I already own it twice. I have bought it three times actually, but my dog ate my first (DX) cartridge not long after I got it. True story.

S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

*pic*

Nah, I haven't.

I have the originals right here, and a GBC too, so I can play any of the three GameBoy games whenever I choose too. They're all nicely in their boxes next to each other on the shelf. Even have both the regular Link's Awakening as well as the DX version.

The Oracle games were decent. Way better than the other Capcom attempts (Minish Cap and Four Swords (which sucks)) anyway, however they aren't my favorites. Link's Awakening however, is genius and my second favorite Zelda and thus one of the best games of all time. I'll probably grant that game a Virtual Console purchase someday even though I already own it twice. I have bought it three times actually, but my dog ate my first (DX) cartridge not long after I got it. True story.

I've bought Link's Awakening 3 times myself. I had the original for the GB and then I bought the DX version when it came out. Sadly, I haven't seen mine since my GBC ended up in the possession of my cousins, so I buckled up and bought the VC version once it came out on the e-shop. 

And I agree on it being one of the best LoZ games ever. The story itself is quite intriguing (loved the part when you finally figure out what Koholint Island really is) and it had a pretty good gameplay for it being the first portable Zelda.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

*pic*

Nah, I haven't.

I admit four swords was not the best, but the minish cap was amazing in my eyes. Really really enjoyed that one. 

Who is John Galt?