By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAIV in October 2007 if not for PS3 version!

FishyJoe said:
There seems to be overwhelming evidence now that developers are having problems with PS3 development. Just about every major project on the PS3 has been delayed. This can't be making developers happy.

These developers are ALL being paid off by M$$$.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
Imagine how many more people you could kill if it was using up the 50gb for Blu Ray!! How many more cars there could be to steal, how many more hookers you could beat up, cops to kill, etc, etc.

I'll probably buy it for 360 either way cause I have both.

And imagine how many more years of development it would require... If a 4 GB game takes 3 years... A 50 GB game would take 37.5 Years!  Which coincidently is how many years it will take Sony to make a profit on PS3.

WEWdeadeye said:
Why do all the PS3 fanboys mention developers having a year head start on the 360? Wasn't the PS3 delayed a year? I thought devs started working on games around the same time, but since they were having so many problems getting the games done, Sony had to push the launch of the PS3 back? That is what I remember....could be wrong? Year head start or not, it comes as no to surprise to me the PS3 version was the reason I am not playing GTA IV right now!!

They were still finalizing the ps3's specs well udner a year before launch (final clock speed of Cell, disabling one SPU, etc.). Finalized ps3 devkits did not arrive until August of '06, just three months before launch, much like final 360 dev kits didn't arrive until August of '05, just three months before launch. Studios have had final 360 dev kits a whole year longer than ps3 dev kits.