By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 install base to overtake 360 in EU on Summer of 07'

Missed the EU part, it still won't happen.

Around the Network
kamil said:
@lvader: Can you count? On Summer means that there are roughly 23-36 weeks left. Acording to vgchartz the difference is 1.54 mln. So it would be enough to outsell X360 by less than 50k weekly.

ok, you can count...but the actual rate is ps3>x360 by 5k-10k per week...1.5.M gap at this pace means 200 weeks.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

@kirby007

Huh?

Spectrumglr said:
kamil said:
@lvader: Can you count? On Summer means that there are roughly 23-36 weeks left. Acording to vgchartz the difference is 1.54 mln. So it would be enough to outsell X360 by less than 50k weekly.

ok, you can count...but the actual rate is ps3>x360 by 5k-10k per week...1.5.M gap at this pace means 200 weeks.

Hasn't the rate of increase been fairly consistant? Also keep in mind that some fairly well known titles will be hitting this year, I can see it happening by summer :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Jandre002 said:
@kirby007

Huh?

ok let's say it easy : what can you do with attach rates?

nothing, nada

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Guys...summer ends in September 21st. It would be darn fucking weird if PS3 hadn't eaten 360 in Europe by then. They are only leading in Sweden, Finland, UK and Germany by now. If MSFT doesn't price drop the machine and makes a huge marketing operation in the likes of germany, portugal, spain, italy, france (mainly these last 3), it's gonna be dead in the water.

• PS3 will reach X360 at 23M, and will pass his WW LTD sales in May 2009
  • MSTF annouces new console in August 2009
  • By this time Wii will have 50% of home consoles market

It is doable, but not sure if it will happen that soon. Sony is behind by about 1 mil and is averaging around 15. This month (since the #'s dropped to normal levels) the XBOX has been outsold by 13k and 9k respectively. To make it easy it averages plus 10k a week that would take near 100 weeks to catch up to 360. Thats almost 2 years, but that doesnt count in holiday sales.

MGS, other exclusives and a price drop could really make an impact. We will see soon.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

i see this hppening

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Seems feasible to me, especially with MGS4, and a few other games hitting the market.

Pretty unlikely if you ask me. The PS3 is only outselling the 360 by 10-20k per week, and that's after 200€ or PS3 prices cuts, and only 50€ of 360 price cuts.

Isn't happening until very late this year at the earliest, and even that isn't guaranteed depending on what happens within the next few months.