By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - List of upcoming X360 1m+ Sellers

Just a quick note about games that are hitting the 1m mark very, very soon, or will hit it. Kind of suprising:

Fifa 2008 ~ 980,000 (selling 20k+/wk)

Need for Speed ProStreet ~980,000 copies sold (selling 15k+/wk)

Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008 ~ 950,000 copies sold (selling 10k/wk)

Lego Star Wars 2 ~ 850,000 copies sold (selling 5k/wk)

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men ~ 800,000 copies sold (selling 10k/wk)

RockBand ~ 744,000 copies sold (selling 30k/wk)

Neat 'lil list, in the fact there's only 1 shooter. Hopefully they all pass the mark soon enough.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I still find it very disturbing that Kane and lynch is selling that many units, i played the demo and the game sucked. The same can be said for pro street, but i guess to each there own.

I've been hoping Kane&Lynch would do badly because of the crap Eidos pulled, but looks like there's no justice in the world.

As for Rock Band, I'm positively surprised. I loved it the minute I saw the first reviews, but was convinced it would sell badly due to its high cost. Can't for it to arrive in Europe, and one of my rich friends to buy it. =P

Unfortunately, in the PS2 era, there were tons of crap games to hit 1m+ units sold:

Madagascar (1.17m)
The Spongebob Movie (1.27m)
Spongebob Battle (1.47m)
50Cent: Bulletproof (1.59m)
Shrek 2 (1.71m)
King Kong (1.72m)

And so on.

Also, Rockband is amazing. I've had it since December 2nd. One of the best games made.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Unfortunately, in the PS2 era, there were tons of crap games to hit 1m+ units sold:

Madagascar (1.17m)
Spongebob Battle (1.47m)
Shrek 2 (1.71m)
King Kong (1.72m)

And so on.

I have always wondered how games like this sell, i don't think i have ever seen any of these games in stores except for the 50cent one, it was $5 at wal-mart.

Griffin said:
I still find it very disturbing that Kane and lynch is selling that many units, i played the demo and the game sucked. The same can be said for pro street, but i guess to each there own.

Kane and Lynch is a good game. I don't know what level they give you for the demo but trust me it's good. Demos are not that great. I played the Orange Box demo (too short) and Blacksite Area 51 demo (too short) and neither demo made me want to buy the games. So don't judge a game by it's demo.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

I find lego star wars questionable still, mostly because its still riding the last of the holiday wave, I do hope it does it though.

Also isn't kane and lynch doing 20k a week WW?

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

mrstickball said:

Madagascar (1.17m)
Spongebob Battle (1.47m)
Shrek 2 (1.71m)
King Kong (1.72m)

And so on.

how dare you call king kong crap? that game was really great

edit : KL won't make it soon

LSW won't make it soon either

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Kane and lynch should make it by march.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.