By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 gets new exclusive fighting game; succesor to Guilty gear's story

The game is made by Arc System's of GG fame. It was just recently announced to be Arcade/PS3. Nothing mentioned about it to 360.

The game is called BLAZBLUE, and take places 10 years after GGXX, so its looking to be an official sequel to the GG series with a fresh touch.

Sorry I actually just got confirmation that it has absolutely zero to do with the universe of Guilty Gear, an appropriate translator just corrected that, sorry about that misunderstanding fellas.

....have any of you guys noticed the stream of 'exclusive' games coming to the PS3 after kutaragi was replaced by Kaz? Seems like people are welcoming the platform more than they did before. 

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

Wonder if we will have Bridget in this one or Jam.

Never got into the last game though maybe I will get into this one.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

What's the name of the game actually?

sorry for the second post

but is the game called Blazblue or Guilty Gear blazblue??

Blazblue apparently.

Around the Network

And what do you mean with stream, which third party exclusive games were also announced then since the replacemvent of kutaragi?

The next Guilty Gear as a PS3 exclusive? Very stupid of them if they decide to go through with this. =/

At least they're doing a proper sequel this time, rather than tweaking the mechanics and changing the background on a few levels.

Kingsora_be said:
And what do you mean with stream, which third party exclusive games were also announced then since the replacemvent of kutaragi?

I was exaggerating by this exciting news, but overall things have been going up since Kutaragi's demotion.

Parokki said:
The next Guilty Gear as a PS3 exclusive? Very stupid of them if they decide to go through with this. =/

At least they're doing a proper sequel this time, rather than tweaking the mechanics and changing the background on a few levels.

My bad about the misinformation, the game isn't a direct sequel to Guilty Gear. Its a completely new and fresh IP, only resemblance is the same genre.

Sorry about that people!

Why are you such a big Guilty Gear fan? Anyways I'm happy PS3 gets a new exclusive. ^^

But how big is Guilty Gear actually as a franchise, do these games sell well?
And how good or bad are Guilty Gear games?