By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft to push GTAIV with multi-million commercial campaign

Most of you will probably roll your eyes and say "duuh!"

But according to Surfer girl & Neogaffer Blimbilm, this is gonna be big... VERY BIG.... think halo 3 campaign.

Im curious to see what the effect will be in Europe, in the US its a given. 

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

Smart move. As far as I can tell GTA4 exclusive content is MS's last big gun. Folks may love Ninja Gaiden 2 or Fable 2, but they're not enough to sway buyers that are sitting on the fence. GTA content just might be. I'm not sure it will compensate for the amount of money they've shelled out on it though.

rukusa said:

Most of you will probably roll your eyes and say "duuh!"

But according to Surfer girl & Neogaffer Blimbilm, this is gonna be big... VERY BIG.... think halo 3 campaign.

Im curious to see what the effect will be in Europe, in the US its a given.

Whooooa. This would be huge news if true. If Microsoft can turn GTA IV into an MS-oriented game, that would be a big deal.

We'll see how this works out, though.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

auch for Sony

@Played_Out allthough I agree with Ninja Gaiden 2 I think Fable 2 can push some units if it has an such awsome commercial as the first one I think it can sell at least 3 million units and possible 4 million units. And we can't forget Gears Of War 2.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

I'd figure so... considering how much they "payed" for exclusive content.

Around the Network

I say M$ will also be getting the superoir GTA4 version in terms of graphics, frame rate etc.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I'm wondering on what this will do for the general market though, majority of gamers are probably a lot less well informed then ourselves, we might have already decided if we are going to buy the game or not. But Joe Public who owns the previous versions on the PS2 and PSP will see the advert and not take it all in, thinking they need a PS3 to play it. Especially as millions of PS2 owners have yet to venture into the next gen.

Maybe...

Hmm, pie.

Duke Of Darkness said:

auch for Sony

Yeah, because Sony will sit and stare at M$ hype machine... get real man. Assassins Creed and Cod4 have had really good support from Sony. This game is really big and important. There will be support from Sony for sure. The big one.

Well to me its kinda obvious that GTAIV will gain more buzz on the 360 in the US, however the European market might be Sony forte. It could be theirs to the taking.

Its gonna get interesting.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Free commercial for PS3 as well, Sony should thanks Microsoft this time :)