By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie's gift to a child in need of a cheer

This is the kind of story that makes me love the gaming industry as much as I do.

When I read stuff like that, a tear comes to my eye. Long live Bungie and their foundation. 

http://imgur.com/a/Xdjdj

Reddit user fiscal_ reached out on the forums two weeks ago, asking if anyone had contact info for Bungie, the original team behind the Halo series. His young son was a huge Halo fan, but more importantly he was recovering from an intense liver transplant surgery, and fiscal_ wanted to cheer him up with something from his favorite franchise. Bungie delivered.

Bungie sent over a full-size replica of Carter's helmet from Halo: Reach for fiscal_'s son to keep, along with a t-shirt and a card signed by Bungie staff wishing him well. "My family can't thank Bungie enough," fiscal_ wrote. "I know that they have had a huge impact on how well my son has been recovering after his surgery."

This album of pictures tells the whole, heartwarming story.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/20/bungies-gift-to-a-child-who-could-use-cheering-up-in-pictures/

Around the Network

9 year old, huge Halo fan.

MATURE

Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

Just saying.

Hope he gets well soon.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:

MATURE

Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

Just saying.

Hope he gets well soon.

Ok, so?

What's with this generation? I grew up watching the action movies from the 80s, and playing games like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, among plenty others. That's when we were not outside playing "war" with the rest of neighbourhood.
Didn't turn me, or any of my friends into a serial killer or make me a violent person. As far as I'm concerned, the parents are the ones who know better if their kid has the maturity of mind to play that kind of games or not. The ratings are only there as indicator of content. ¬_¬

But I knew there'd be someone who'd focus on that stupid aspect of the story. 

Hynad said:
Chandler said:

MATURE

Just saying.

Hope he gets well soon.

Ok, so?

What's with this generation? I grew up watching the action movies from the 80s, and playing games like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, among plenty others.
Didn't turn me, or any of my friends into a serial killer or make me a violent person. As far as I'm concerned, the parents are the ones who know better if their kid has the maturity of mind to play that kind of games or not. The ratings are only there as indicator of content. ¬_¬

But I knew there'd be someone who'd focus on that -stupid aspect- of the story. 

Of course, the STUPID aspect of the story... i won't say anything.

Busted said:
Hynad said:
Chandler said:

MATURE

Just saying.

Hope he gets well soon.

Ok, so?

What's with this generation? I grew up watching the action movies from the 80s, and playing games like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, among plenty others.

But I knew there'd be someone who'd focus on that -stupid aspect- of the story. 

Of course, the STUPID aspect of the story... i won't say anything.

Yeah, the stupid aspect: The rating or the game that is linked to the story. Not that the parents allow the kid to play. 

Nice of you to follow what I wrote about parenting. But I have to agree, don't say a thing. Seems like the better choice.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
well played Bungie. Nice touch.

Busted.... you didn't need to "just sayin". Cheap.

D: it wasn't me!

M-rated game for a 9-year-old. I get that their heart's in the right place, but it still comes off wrong.

Also, this is a duplicate thread (Nsanity beat you to the punch, Hynad). Have to lock this.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.