By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why nintendo doesn't add online multiplyer mode to the mario games

my question is simple why nintendo doesn't add online multiplyer mode to the mario games ( new super mario wii u ) wii u can handle it so the question is why don't they support online multiplayer mode. i think it would be really awesome to have this mode don't you think

Around the Network

To tell you the truth 2d Mario games with co is horrible unless you let both just run through the course which would be kinda a waste of time and money.

I can't imagine how much I would hate if I played Mario 2d wii online....just the thought.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Did NSMB Wii have online?

I know I played locally with other people. That was fun, but can be very frustrating if you have someone who is pathetic playing.

Not sure if I would want online Mario. I think everyone can attest to the internet being a collection of dicks. So in Mario you would have people join games and spend the whole time trying to F the other player over by killing them, ect.   It's fun locally to do that sometimes, but at least if they get out of hand you can hit them, lol.

ninetailschris said:
To tell you the truth 2d Mario games with co is horrible unless you let both just run through the course which would be kinda a waste of time and money.

I can't imagine how much I would hate if I played Mario 2d wii online....just the thought.

little big planet is really awesome when i play online with someone so i think mario would be cool too i know not everyone might like it but at least having the option is a good idea don't you think

I don't see the fun in plying with someone online. MP at home is the best with Mario! I've had so much fun with the family!

do you even own a WiiU and NSMBU?

do you even have anything Nintendo?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Because they are lazy and incompetent.

-moderated by amp316

Because they wouldn´t have anything to add to New Super Mario Bros. U 2

Roma said:

I don't see the fun in plying with someone online. MP at home is the best with Mario! I've had so much fun with the family!

do you even own a WiiU and NSMBU?

do you even have anything Nintendo?

yeah obviously if you have someone to play at home then it is better to play it that way but still some people might not have that option. i know it is not a big deal to have this mode in the game i am just saying nintendo knows this game sells millions and they have the budget for this and i think at least 10 - 20 % will use it so it is not a bad idea to add , i think they will add it eventually.

In a game like Mario Bros. the timing to jump is VERY important. Only a little bit of lag while playing online can heavily disturb this. Yes, LittleBigPlanet has online, but have you noticed the amount of lag in that game? Also, jumping isn't that strategic in LBP like it is in Mario Bros.

LilChicken22 said:
In a game like Mario Bros. the timing to jump is VERY important. Only a little bit of lag while playing online can heavily disturb this. Yes, LittleBigPlanet has online, but have you noticed the amount of lag in that game? Also, jumping isn't that strategic in LBP like it is in Mario Bros.

you might be right