By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

Why are you so sure it's that improbable mantle? Haven't many of the larger games on VGC had multiple factions of more than one anti-town?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
With me changing my vote off of miz should be clue that he isn't the person.
The reason why I don't say who is who is because we may have day killer.
That leaves 5 people.
I gave a huge clue in what I said. How can you not get what I was hinting too? Have you guys not been reading up?

If you left such a big clue, chris, then surely the mafia will be able to figure it out, since they can talk to each other (probably in day but at the very least at night), and when one of them gets it then all the others (on his team anyway) will know, so really you're most likely only leaving townies in the dark by dancing around, and lowering your own credibility. 

tl;dr?  SPIT IT OUT! 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
Why are you so sure it's that improbable mantle? Haven't many of the larger games on VGC had multiple factions of more than one anti-town?

I have played 2, neither of them had 2 anti-town if you exclude serial killers. If you include serial killers, once again, my point would stand since it isn't a 3+3 scum faction.

It is usually rare for there to be two scum factions. Unless you take in the serial killer group. Which would then not support his argument.

Well my recollection of the commonality of multiple scum factions of more than one person is different. When Linkz gets here we can ask him for his chart which IIRC would include that info, unless someone else has the link?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121381&page=1

Was it this?

Around the Network

Ready to go. I've read all and some of my observations might be outdated but I'll still post what I wrote in my notes.

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I don't think prof holds enough of a grudge against Stefl to waste a kill on him just out of revenge and strategically speaking he would want to kill someone he thought was Mafia not someone who he thought was town.

In fact, from the timing and the choice of the victim, I'm willing to bet that this kill was made by someone relatively new to the game.

All the more reason to lynch 9TC.  If he flips day vig/SK, mystery solved. 

9TC fits because of his is this day over comment and general disinterest in the game but wouldn't he have killed ABC instead of Stefl?

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:
zero129 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
zero129 said:
To continue from my last post since i wasnt meant to post it so soon
We have Trucks agrreing and also voting stefl http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4906626
here
Now imo one or both of them are scum.
Vote: Trucks
his whole play this game has been different this when he is town for a number of reasons.
Trucks doesnt make opening posts with "Who should we lynch today" and then following on random lynchs and then calling out other people for suspecting his group etc etc

anyway thats my vote unless something big happens or changes i cant see it changing.

I was gonna let you figure it out on your own but it seems I'll have to help you out:

tabaha and Yoshiya are the ones who claimed to be Captain America sidekicks, not me. I haven't claimed a thing so no, I'm not protecting "my group".

Also, about my early Day behavior, you say it's unusual but if you recall, I started last game by voting for pezus (in response to a joke) and I started the game before that by voting for nen-suer in my first post so me making a random vote at the start of the Day isn't exactly new.

O Rly O_o .
Well why did you lead me on into believing you did claim to be a CA sidekick?.
Then who is the 3rd CA sidekick??
hmm
this changes everything but not me removing my vote yet. I need to think about this..

"Changes everything but I won't remove my vote" WTF is this.  I know you did indeed switch your vote later but this is just terrible.  "Led you on" lol, illogic everywhere.  I am used to having to hold you to a lower standard zero but come on.  You're just lucky we have 9TC to beat up on today. 

While I agree that zero's reasoning was less than stellar, I still stand by my earlier assessment that zero is too clueless to be scum.

Which reminds me, I still have my vote on him so I'll:

Unvote: Zero

Signature goes here!

tabaha said:
Final-Fan said:
@ Stefl's death:
Well, it's either a stupid Day-vigilante, or a third party. If mafia had a power like that I doubt they'd burn it on Day 1 like that. The better odds are on third party since Stefl was so trusted, though it's possible a day vig was convinced Stefl was scum and feared he would sail to victory on town trust.

I disagree with everyone saying it was most likely town. I think third party is more likely. But I agree that mafia doing it was extremely unlikely.

Mafia would only be burning that power if it was limited use. I don't think it's safe to assume it was a limited power (if coming from mafia).

And stefl was the best option for mafia or third party if third party doesn't win with town. Unless it was someone who thought stefl wasn't town, and in my opinion it would be someone with not many experience. It's a personal opinion here because i was kinda sure about stefl being town. At least as mafia I would be afraid of saying my name and who am i sidekick for with so little info.

A Day kill can't be an unlimited Mafia power since it would be waaaaay overpowered since day kills can't be blocked, doctored, tracked or watched. It's either 3rd party or Day Vigilante. I personally lean in favor of newb day vig.

Signature goes here!

hatmoza said:
Final-Fan said:
hatmoza said:
happydolphin said:
hatmoza said:

I think we have our dumbass day killer right here.
Explain what this post was supposed to mean.

If he is, he must've hit the wrong target. :P I think he was aiming for you, but hit Stefl instead.

I have strong reason to believe he did try to kill me, yes.

Or so I thought at the time.  Why has nothing been made of this?  Is your reference to your stint as Governor a prod to get people to bring this subject up again?  You may as well roleclaim if you are a role that chooses who to redirect actions targeted at yourself to and picked Stefl. 

Nothing's been made of it because we have a lot of scum in this game it appears. At least that's what I was thinking when rarely anyone touched on the subject.

I honestly believe we have a large scum faction and they have a 1 time day kill.

And no, I can't redirect unfortunately, and that prod was to get a response from trucks. I want reactions.

At least I got a town read from you out of this.

Why were you expecting a reaction out of me exactly?

Signature goes here!