By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

Final-Fan said:
@ Stefl's death:
Well, it's either a stupid Day-vigilante, or a third party. If mafia had a power like that I doubt they'd burn it on Day 1 like that. The better odds are on third party since Stefl was so trusted, though it's possible a day vig was convinced Stefl was scum and feared he would sail to victory on town trust.

I disagree with everyone saying it was most likely town. I think third party is more likely. But I agree that mafia doing it was extremely unlikely.

Mafia would only be burning that power if it was limited use. I don't think it's safe to assume it was a limited power (if coming from mafia).

And stefl was the best option for mafia or third party if third party doesn't win with town. Unless it was someone who thought stefl wasn't town, and in my opinion it would be someone with not many experience. It's a personal opinion here because i was kinda sure about stefl being town. At least as mafia I would be afraid of saying my name and who am i sidekick for with so little info.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
happydolphin said:
hatmoza said:

I think we have our dumbass day killer right here.
Explain what this post was supposed to mean.

If he is, he must've hit the wrong target. :P I think he was aiming for you, but hit Stefl instead.

I have strong reason to believe he did try to kill me, yes.

Or so I thought at the time.  Why has nothing been made of this?  Is your reference to your stint as Governor a prod to get people to bring this subject up again?  You may as well roleclaim if you are a role that chooses who to redirect actions targeted at yourself to and picked Stefl. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

tabaha said:
Final-Fan said:
@ Stefl's death:
Well, it's either a stupid Day-vigilante, or a third party. If mafia had a power like that I doubt they'd burn it on Day 1 like that. The better odds are on third party since Stefl was so trusted, though it's possible a day vig was convinced Stefl was scum and feared he would sail to victory on town trust.

I disagree with everyone saying it was most likely town. I think third party is more likely. But I agree that mafia doing it was extremely unlikely.

Mafia would only be burning that power if it was limited use. I don't think it's safe to assume it was a limited power (if coming from mafia).

And stefl was the best option for mafia or third party if third party doesn't win with town. Unless it was someone who thought stefl wasn't town, and in my opinion it would be someone with not many experience. It's a personal opinion here because i was kinda sure about stefl being town. At least as mafia I would be afraid of saying my name and who am i sidekick for with so little info.

Well, yes, it would have been an anti-town third party.  For a protown third party the logic is exactly the same as an explicitly town day vig.  If it is an unlimited shot mafia daykill, well, that is just stupidly OP unless it's a day-mafia (no nightkill) IMO.  Having even a small mafia with twice the usual killing power is kind of retarded unless town is also stupidly OP and it's role madness. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

theprof00 said:
Nachomamma8 said:
I'm changing up the style of quoting so I can address specific points; if you know a better way to format this, please let me know.

tabaha: "Radish is town even though no lynch is a terrible idea." why (he's he town)?
For one, he's almost certainly town if Haxton is scum. Haxton sort of leaped at the chance to vote no lynch with him, and I don't really think that he would be willing to interact that closely with a scumbuddy.

That's not really a great answer is it?

You said "for one", how about for another?

EDITTED FOR CLARITY AND BREVITY

Prof you ought to know better than to alter content.  I've long held the opinion that edits that are clearly marked and only add information without removing ANYTHING are acceptable although I defer to the mod.  But changing what was said is just no.  [edit:  This is a fake edit.  "just no" is incorrect grammar and should be read as equivalent to "unacceptable".] 

DanneSandin said:
theprof00 said:
DanneSandin said:
theprof00 said:

I try not to be pushy anymore because I made a townie snap and modkill himself.
DS, and I mean this with all due respect, it's just that scum ability to survive day one is to look active. When they feel being active hurts their cause, they prefer to talk about nothing. When someone who is town indulges said talk, it allows mafia to actively lurk, posting about nothing. When we remove that ability, that excuse, we force mafia to change strategy, and that is a good thing.

Was that the Game of Thrones game?

Uh, never thought about it that way! Sounds reasonable =D

Yeah, trucks.
That is why I also said earlier I try not to hammer Trucks over little things. I think of him as scum early on, like now even, but I try not to bother him too much over it.

Yeah, that could have been such an amazing game!! I nailed 2 scums the two first nights... Sadly, town lynched ME and when I turned up a cop, they STILL didn't lynch my two suspects. That's plain stupid ^^

I over looked this the first time but you keep referring to that game as an accomplishment.

1- this isn't giving you any towny points. As a matter of fact, you still dodged my question so I'll ask again. Did you have anything to do with stefl's death? Your avoidance of the question tells me yes.

2- That game was an epic failure for you and hardly something to be proud of. Yes you investigated 2 scum but they got you lynched and went on to get a perfect win.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:

Grasping at straws is usually never done by townies.

lol keep telling yourself that

Final-Fan said:
hatmoza said:
happydolphin said:
hatmoza said:

If he is, he must've hit the wrong target. :P I think he was aiming for you, but hit Stefl instead.

Or so I thought at the time.  Why has nothing been made of this?  Is your reference to your stint as Governor a prod to get people to bring this subject up again?  You may as well roleclaim if you are a role that chooses who to redirect actions targeted at yourself to and picked Stefl. 

I asked him if he cared to explain. I got no answer.

Final-Fan said:
hatmoza said:
happydolphin said:
hatmoza said:

~gif here~

Oh but i said something about it

spurgeonryan said:

I will just continue to count the pings on a sheet of paper I get from everyone. then I will give my idea of who I think is scum. Right now you have two on you.

but let me redirect my attention at miz. He seems to be playing pretty well for first day player. I seee know reason why ninetails would just randomly kill stefl out of anyone on the board. Why waste a kill? Unless you absolutely believed they were scum because someone said they were and you were also friendly with that person around the regular site? I doubt ninetails would do that. You would have to have some reason or push to do so. Doubt a scum role would do it on a whim either. What a waste when you could have waited for a slip later on. It was a noob VG and probably miz.

Seriously though:  I don't know why you rule out 9TC daykilling his VGC buddy because he thought it would be a funny prank, and I don't know why you think miz would do it "for srs" (but not 9TC). 

miz1q2w3e said:
I asked him if he cared to explain. I got no answer.
tabaha said:
Oh but i said something about it

And you just let it go when he stonewalled?  For shame.  That's worse than someone who simply missed or dismissed it.