By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

A Bad Clown said:
ninetailschris said:

I gave my vote what let for me to do but read

Abc. Lynch

The point of this game to question and investigate other players so they let out information, you can participle by countering some claims from other players for example

I remember correctly from my old days of playing you we're allowed to be quiet during the day but at night you had to send actions. So, when people telling me you have to talk that isn't what I' m used to. Some of the best players are the ones that don't shoot themselves in foot by talking to much.

so forgive if I'm playing different because I'm used to other mafias.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
tabaha said:
btw Nachomamma8, i'm not seeing you on your list. Does that mean you're third party?

Wow tabaha, I mean really.  I think we can safely say that no one is going to be suspecting themselves of unknowingly being scum. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

ninetailschris said:
A Bad Clown said:
ninetailschris said:

Abc. Lynch

The point of this game to question and investigate other players so they let out information, you can participle by countering some claims from other players for example

I remember correctly from my old days of playing you we're allowed to be quiet during the day but at night you had to send actions. So, when people telling me you have to talk that isn't what I' m used to. Some of the best players are the ones that don't shoot themselves in foot by talking to much.

lolwut? Did you just say that?

Somebody, please take a look at this.

miz1q2w3e said:
ninetailschris said:
A Bad Clown said:
ninetailschris said:

Abc. Lynch

Ok? Staying quiet means not posting every second nothing shocking or party telling. Both town and mafia have done this in games I have played.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

mantlepiecek said:

Hilarious that you are calling me for being hypocritical, when I did the same to you.

As far as three team thing is considered, I don't even care about it. Scum DT wouldn't possibly know if there was a day town vig, and if the vig is scum then it is a non tell.

My original suspicion on you had nothing to do with you standing in line not talking about others. My suspicion is on your reads - your need to justify your reads only on DT and tabaha especially, and them being polar opposite to mine.

The fact that someone like you who insists that he is following DT throughout this game and thinks DT is town, is again, alarming in my eyes. Not only are you being hypocritical by being vague, you are also being hypocritical by using meta for your analysis - DT is talking meta as much as others, sure maybe he did that in defence and not offence like others but you used it to claim your read of town on DT - contradictory to your statement that radish and ABC are being too much into the meta territory.

You're so flustered you can't even read what is written.

I said you can add ME being a hypocrite to your list of poor accusations. I wasn't vague in the slightest. You asked me why I thought something and I gave you an answer. If you want a more in depth analysis of why, then ask for that.

Three team thing? I'm talking about there being three sidekicks, and DT talking about why suspicion against those players simply for being their characters was laughable, as he said in so many words.

Vig has nothing to do with DT. What I'm telling you is that scum WANT to draw attention to the meta of three sidekicks with one hero because it is always a good scum stance to lean on things what make town paranoid and question the meta of the game, EVIDENCED by the fact that one of them was killed. In no way did I link or say DT had anything to do with the meta. What I did point out was that DT, as scum, should indulge in the meta because it is advantageous for scum to do, as EVINDENCED by the fact that it made (imo) a townie kill another townie. Period.

I didn't say your suspicion had anything to do with me being in line. I said your suspicion is lacking in foundation because I said in that very post that I was too cold to look things up. I think you just wanted to point something out to show that you were contributing, but that was the wrong post to pick out. Like I said, had you commented that the reads seemed a bit flimsy, I'd be fine, and explaining them to you, but since you eagerly jumped on it by calling me scum (HAHA without explaining your reasoning, making me ask for an explanation...funny. That is exactly what you're accusing me of) I don't think you'd thought it through.

You're starting to make my brain hurt. ABC and Radish have done NOTHING but talk meta.

You're starting to sound like you're trying to force a non-existant point. DT has done way more than talk about meta.

1 He has early day 1 jokiness.

2 "What it has done is shown me which players are willing to create suspicion on people over nothing. For that reason 

FoS: ABC

FoS: Spurge

FoS: DanneSandin 

Jumping on a nontell is textbook Scum behaviour. "

Disparaging players who are talking meta, using a very real and applicable scumtell.

DarkThanatos said:
TruckOSaurus said:

How weird... you reply to my post, make your defense, cast suspicion of everyone who questionned your claim but then you leave me out of the FoS distribution, why?

I left you and Mantle out. You said my timing was wierd- I cast suspicion on people that doubted my claim in it's entirely. 

Doubting the timing is a different point entirely, and less suspicious. Although in this case still a moot point. 

A very valid argument. Trucks said 'why not me', dt answered reasonably.

DarkThanatos said:
tabaha said:
Am I the only one thinking it's being given too much importance to the sidekick's stuff? Not that it is a bad thing to do, but looks like people are trying to use it to get a lynch on others.

I have to agree with you, there is flavour hunting- and then there is doing it to the extreme when not even half the players have claimed yet. It is the definition of jumping the gun here! 

Again, very valid point. Flavor hunting does work, but the instance was one where it clearly was not appropriate.

DarkThanatos said:

This is exactly my point. Pezus said in the sign up thread he was suprised by the amount of people playing, but he wanted to get the thread underweigh fast. I think this explains why I am Mary Jane. He was thinking of names for people, and when he thought Spiderman, Mary Jane was probably the first thing that popped into his head. 

That being said- if everyone claims there name and every superhero has two sidekicks except for Captain America, then that might have something in it- on the flip side there are 21 players, so Pezus may well have decided to do 10 superheros with 2 sidekicks each, and then have one with a third to make up 21 rather then having another superhero. 

Regardless, until everyone claims i think flavour hunting is a fairly redundant exercise, and even then, scum will fakeclaim if it looks like one of their earlier claims is becoming suspicious. Instead of that, right now we should be looking at the players which jumped on the flavour hunting bandwagon on the three Captain America people and myself. That is what scum do, and they tend to do it early, to try and start a train. 

This was also something I had been pondering. So I appreciate that DT is thinking along the same lines that I am. Indeed there could be a very simple explanation for the way the characters are. The fault is in thinking that pezus did everything perfectly, which is what others have been doing. Blaming the mod is a VERY EASY way to mislynch.

DarkThanatos said:
zero129 said:
This is what i think. At least 1 of the 4 that has tried to come after me and use imo very weak reasons for doing so are scum.
I dont think your scum for the time being stefl
So that leaves me with Trunks, tabaha, and yoshia imo one of them are mafia the question for now is what one.
Imo maybe Yoshia is the one with his slips "Mafia would of been giving safe role claims" "The wouldnt be 1 town and 1 mafia in a group" Ah hallo that much is clear. "Zero is scummy for wanting to come after my group cos we have 3 in ours!" etc etc.

Statistically speaking you are probably right that one of the players after you is scum. It would seem from my earlier games, and my attempts at balancing for my one next round, that non-townies are about 1/3- 1/4 of the player population. 

As there are 4 players that have "come after you" as you so put it, one of them is probably scum. Adding to that scum players tend to put a bit of suspicion onto other players when they can you actually have a case. Not a very good one mind, but still a case. Better then any of the attempted flavour hunters do anyway.

For that reason

Unvote

Vote: Yoshiya 

Out of the 4 players on Zero at the moment, your posts have seemed kind of hollow. Adding in a couple of iffy posts you are my scumspect for the moment DS. 

Again, a very reasonable post that is quite right. And I also suspect yoshiya.

DarkThanatos said:
mantlepiecek said:

From my calculations; I would expect the scum team to consist of DT, Tabaha, Hat. However I am not too sure of anyone of them except Tabaha.

I want to know exactly who else is suspicious of tabaha.

Vote : Tabaha

I wouldn't mind his lynch.

Nice to see I'm worthy of your calculations :P  

Couple of questions: 

1) Why Tabaha and Hat? I have my own reasons for one of them, but I'd like to know yours. 

2) Is your scumspicion on me because of me being MJ? 

Also- what about the other 2/3 players that are probably non-town**? Any other scumspects or are you just waiting for everyone to finally tag in?

**(Going from the 1/3-1/4 estimate I think it is likely there are 5/6 non-town. I think 7 is too many) 

Asking questions of other players for their reasoning. So, I see you tend to leave out your reasonings for scumspects more than just once.
Maybe you are the real hypocrite. He even tries to figure out why you suspect him.

I'm sorry but I could do this all day. Nothing here says scum, and everything says townie playing his town self.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
DanneSandin said:
supermario128 said:
DanneSandin said:

Yes, I know that flavors don't match and that's why I'm confused about MJ. Every one else we know about are side kicks. MJ isn't. Do you know what that means? Or are you sure it means jack shit?

Who would you consider Spiderman's sidekick?

Also, no, it doesn't mean anything if names were randomly assigned just like roles. I have already stated this.

I don't actually know... I don't know my spidey-history, so I don't know if he has one. But it's weird to have a hero without a side kick, when every other hero has several side kicks (Cap Ams, but also Batman; and I understand why the second Robin doesn't out himself since he's also the Red Hood and could get lynched for that fact alone).

What?? Where'd you even get that?

Can you please specify your question?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

ninetailschris said:
miz1q2w3e said:
ninetailschris said:

Ok? Staying quiet means not posting every second nothing shocking or party telling. Both town and mafia have done this in games I have played.

I'm waiting for someone else to read it since I might have misunderstood... but "send actions"? What's that supposed to mean?

miz1q2w3e said:
ninetailschris said:

Abc. Lynch

For the record: I DO NOT like how chris is posting. It doesn't give us a chance to read from his posts... Anyone for lynching him already?

...and what a coincidence, I was just thinking about all the people who haven't posted much up till now. Let's not get too caught up in suspecting each other and forget about those absent people. We all seem to be ignoring them. They don't show anything suspicious because they don't actually post.

I'm up for lynching him for being absent so much, but if he was scum they'd be on him like hell to get him to post more here...

miz1q2w3e said:
ninetailschris said:
A Bad Clown said:
ninetailschris said:

Abc. Lynch

I see it too... Do we need any more evidence of him being town??^^ not that I'm too glad about that =/

miz1q2w3e said:
ninetailschris said:
miz1q2w3e said:
ninetailschris said:

I'm waiting for someone else to read it since I might have misunderstood... but "send actions"? What's that supposed to mean?

Night actions.