By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:
mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:
Explanation for me mantle?

I get the impression that you are being dishonest with your scum lists.

oooooh that's a very bad comment mantle, I don't like it one bit.

It is extremely vague.

first of all, they are genuine. second of all, you know I am a dishonest player as town. Very very bad mantle.

All I know is I think you are lying. Your list is hilarious - no analysis, nothing. On pure meta basis, you are scum because you are playing different. However it's not just different - you actually think DT/Tabaha are town, and gave a reasoning for DT that felt rushed. Yeah, my answer was vague but that's how I answer sometimes.

You were not the person I was looking into at that time. So I felt no reason to explain my reasons.

Yes, I do think DT is town because I see his gears moving. He was scum just last round. He doesn't appear to be playing similarly.
As for tabaha, I'll go over him in a bit.

Also, no, it's not that being vague is your thing, but that you deliberately did not call me scum again, you instead chose to say 'dishonest'.

theprof00 said:
Yeah im not impressed with nacho either.
For one, abc has been only talking meta this whole game, and trucks vote on zero felt too reasonable.
Then i ddnt like his full townread to trucks.

Heres my list and reasons.
1. Dt as town. A lot of tjought out posts. I especially liked "funny, people suspecting cap americas when we have people who havent claimed yet." This said to me that he was seriously thinking about the ebidence and not just "talking meta.
2. Tabaha as town. O forget the reason why. Im in line for black fri. Yoo cold too look it up.
3. Zero as town. First to claim, wouldnt do that as scum imo.
Plus his foghting back seems very genuine.
Tjere were 1,2 others.

3. Yoshiya as scum. Don't like his vote on zero.
4. Same woth trucks but trucks has more meta discussion.

I'll try to do more when i get home.
Oh and no i didnt kill stefl.
And yes its obvious its a town and a noob.
Mafia would hide a kill like that til later and vets would likely hold it too.

Now that my rushed list and lack of evidence is cleared up, what's your reasoning now, mantle? You still want to continue this discussion?

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

You think the 'vigilante' kills without knowing what team their target is? How did you know that?

Same question @radishhead.

FoS @both of you (mario and radish). Reason: The rest of us (rightfully imo) assumed he was killed by scum, and that they meant to kill stefl, knowing he was town.

Yes that is how it works. Everyone knows that.

You assumed wrong as did others then. Also, by the "rest of us" who are you referring to? I have only seen you make this mistake.

Yeah, sorry. I read the wiki after that post.

The 'rest of us' was my bad. I said the 'rest of us' because no one else (other than you and radish) had said anything about a vigilante.

theprof00 said:
mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:
mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:

It is extremely vague.

first of all, they are genuine. second of all, you know I am a dishonest player as town. Very very bad mantle.

All I know is I think you are lying. Your list is hilarious - no analysis, nothing. On pure meta basis, you are scum because you are playing different. However it's not just different - you actually think DT/Tabaha are town, and gave a reasoning for DT that felt rushed. Yeah, my answer was vague but that's how I answer sometimes.

You were not the person I was looking into at that time. So I felt no reason to explain my reasons.

Yes, I do think DT is town because I see his gears moving. He was scum just last round. He doesn't appear to be playing similarly.

Also, no, it's not that being vague is your thing, but that you deliberately did not call me scum again, you instead chose to say 'dishonest'.

theprof00 said:
For one, abc has been only talking meta this whole game, and trucks vote on zero felt too reasonable.

1. Dt as town. A lot of tjought out posts. I especially liked "funny, people suspecting cap americas when we have people who havent claimed yet." This said to me that he was seriously thinking about the ebidence and not just "talking meta.
2. Tabaha as town. O forget the reason why. Im in line for black fri. Yoo cold too look it up.
Tjere were 1,2 others.

Now that my rushed list and lack of evidence is cleared up, what's your reasoning now, mantle? You still want to continue this discussion?

Yes. Your rushed list has a reason - a reason that doesn't make me think you are town. For instance - why did you only talk about these guys?

I deliberately choose to call you dishonest because only scum are dishonest or sometimes town are dishonest trying to test others. That was my exact reasoning. Yes, I will still want to continue this discussion.

You say he isn't appearing to be playing similarly (about DT). Who is being vague now? Scum can change their style of play obviously. I did it, linkz did it, you are quite experienced to know it yourself.

theprof00 said:

Answering this before I forget.

1When did I say providing reads is harmful. I said the way you, specifically, have been providing reads is harmful. Doesn't seem to be much 'leaning' or partialalities, or possibles. You write town/scum, and have what, 2 non-reads on ff and someone else, and 1 not sure. Personally, I only say town when Im absolutely convinced. Ie; it will take a lot to change my mind. But you? You flipped on Trucks on one sentence that I'd consider a null read. Not so sure that is healthy for scumhunting. Not that I want you to stop though, you have some really good insights...but you remind me of Linkz a bit too much. Same playstyle. And in my opinion, those peices of evidence thrown around as if fact, along with the meta analysis "x wouldn't do this as scum", is fallible.

For example, your read on ABC. You say, (paraphrased) a scum wouldn't act so aggressive. I disagree. Being that most of his discussion revolves around meta, where there is no real black area, only grey, it's very easy (and smart) to discuss things that in most cases probably won't lead anywhere, and in some cases can send the town down a poorly reasoned path. Along with that bonus, it also allows him to talk and participate while not actually contributing anything (see: active lurking).

2 My mistake, I thought you meant that trucks said he didn't know what to think. Obviously my bad for not going back and checking his comment. Still, I'm certainly not reading him as full-town, again, harkening back to my point about the assurety of your reads.

3 A bit too meta. A bit too concerned with flavor and "what the mod would have done" given the nameclaims. I'm sure you should know the answer to your own question. Scum need to lynch, they do so by prodding people into bad situations. Meanwhile a townie will try not to lie, so say something that may get them into trouble...this is something scum love to capitalize on. Easily defensible votes that other players can get behind and think the mislynched 'played poorly, and deserved to be lynched'.

4 I'm not saying it's worse, and perhaps you have your own reasons for playing the way you do. I for one, can surely understand that because I do a lot of indefensible things to further my own methods. However, like I said, I do believe that your method of play more appropriately works as both scum and town, because it's quite an easy thing to qualify people as town or mafia based on the kinds of evidence youve provided and maintain a town mask. I'm not saying you're scum, but I am saying that you're method leaves me with little insight, or any reason to believe you are town, for that matter. Again, I blame the dispassionate approach.

5  Again, I disagree on Radish, and I'm leaning scum for these reasons:

1: "I'm not seeing the slip here (or actually understanding this conversation in general, despite reading it over many times) - can anyone help me out here and get something into simple English? xD"

He is paying more attention to a slip than by reading the player. If it were me, I'd say "I don't really see any slip here, etc etc". But he seems to be looking for faults.

2:( In response to an accusation by spurge after above post )"If I have no idea what's being said, how am I supposed to properly contribute? "
Well, one contributes by reading the game, not by looking at slips. This is typical jumping on the wagon type play. I have a pessimism against noobish scum who say "I don't know what to say" rather than making mistakes. In my opinion, noob town says crazy shit when they read things, and noob scum pretend to not know what is going on, to buy them respite from actually contributing.

3: "Okay, who's the daytime vigilante?"

More useless chatter. Finding out who the daytime vigilante is of little importance. If such a role exists as town, there really is no reason to out them, and there is definitely no reason to make that your 'contribution' to town for the day. Again, meta.

4: "Okay, just reading through the thread now and posting on what I think is relevant/needs to be discussed. Firstly, I don't see why Pezus wouldn't attach multiple sidekicks to the same hero - it's a large game and Pezus loves to cause a bit of confusion. " - "Mary Jane isn't really a "sidekick" as such, but she would have reason to want to save Spiderman, so I'm not sure about this line of thought"

Flavor and meta. Not to mention that he said he would post on relevance, and only made posts regarding meta and 'oh, i dunno, maybe mario, and maybe spurge seem a bit weird'. Very safe, and he does not post in all of page 4, and page 5 is the "slip" and 'who's the vig'

So yeah. Completely disagree with your read. Nothing there says town. Maybe he's not mafia, but it's 100% not a town read.

Some of the points - like radish acting like a newb scum, is impossible since he is not a newb. I believe he has been playing since an year at least? Sure he may not be the best player, but he is not newb and hence your statements about newb scum don't apply to him.

As a head's up, I'm travelling home for a little bit, and most likely won't have access to a computer for up to 4 days (but hopefully less). I've been having a few doubts about tabaha lately, so I will

Unvote, Vote: ninetaleschris

because it's become clear to me as scum and I honestly don't see a good reason why we shouldn't lynch him today.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:
mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:
mantlepiecek said:
theprof00 said:

It is extremely vague.

theprof00 said:

Tjere were 1,2 others.

Yes. Your rushed list has a reason - a reason that doesn't make me think you are town. For instance - why did you only talk about these guys?

I deliberately choose to call you dishonest because only scum are dishonest or sometimes town are dishonest trying to test others. That was my exact reasoning. Yes, I will still want to continue this discussion.

You say he isn't appearing to be playing similarly (about DT). Who is being vague now? Scum can change their style of play obviously. I did it, linkz did it, you are quite experienced to know it yourself.

Ok, you have no reason to believe I am town. Who cares then? I certainly don't. Come back when you have something more. Love how you're trying to push with 'why did you only talk about these guys' as if continuing to press is going to magically make your original question have purpose. What a poor follow-up.

Like, seriously mantle? Why didn't I talk about others? Did you forget that I just said that it was too cold and that I was waiting in line, ON MY PHONE? I'm happy I was even able to catch up and get a couple reads, much less post anything.

I'm being vague? umm sure whatever mantle. Please, add hypocrite to your list of poorly founded accusations against me.

I specifically said in both the original post and in this followup, that I can see DT is 'thinking'. When I see people genuinely thinking, it makes me think town. When I see people just talking bullshit, like meta, and theorizing pezus' probabilities for including x and y characters, I think scum. DT not only thought about the meta, but thought 'hmm there are three capn's. People suspect something. I don't see how it's that suspicious. Who's right? Me or them? Well, sure, it's strange that there are three, but maybe there are more groups that we just don't know about.' That's what I think when I read his post. That says town to me. While a scum mind could take the opportunity to make himself seem like town by downplaying, we can all see the overwhelming advantage of what that three person group suspicion lead to, evidenced by the vigilante himself. TALKING ABOUT THAT TEAM CAUSED A PLAYER TO BE KILLED. Do you see how meta gaming is scummy? Do you see why a mafia DT would actually encourage it rather than downplaying it? No? I don't expect you to.

mantlepiecek said:

Some of the points - like radish acting like a newb scum, is impossible since he is not a newb. I believe he has been playing since an year at least? Sure he may not be the best player, but he is not newb and hence your statements about newb scum don't apply to him

I didn't say newb, I said noob, there is a difference.

A Bad Clown said:
I'm going to directly ask Danne if he was on within an hour of Stefl's death

No, I don't think so... I was watching TV with my gf and might have signed up on my phone from time to time to try to catch up; you know, reading a few posts during commercials. I didn't even know stefl was dead until like 3 hours later!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DarkThanatos said:
DanneSandin said:
TruckOSaurus said:
DanneSandin said:
A Bad Clown said:

So superhero sidekicks can be vanilla in this game...so I'm wondering if the more notable sidekicks get actual roles? And where does that leave someone like Mary-Jane?

Sorry I'm late to the party; been busy these last two-three days... As far as I can tell Bucky is pretty notable as Cap Ams sidekick, isn't he? And that was who stefl was, right? So if Bucky, a some what profilic sidekick, has no role, then perhaps MJ could be anything... Right now I'm confused whether or not MJ could be town...

FoS: Danne

This line of thinking leads nowhere. It has been explicitly stated in the OP that names and roles don't match, Mario even quoted it not too long ago.

Yes, I know that flavors don't match and that's why I'm confused about MJ. Every one else we know about are side kicks. MJ isn't. Do you know what that means? Or are you sure it means jack shit?

I am sure it means Jack shit. Trucks has said it leads to nowhere, Hat has said it leads to nowhere, many players have said it leads to nowhere, the OP says it means jackshit. It's just a character name, which has been randomly chosen from a list of character names seperately from roles. You continuing to push on this point despite the overwhelming evidence is beginning to get tiresome. You are just distracting town from issues that actually mean something. 

So, eh, you always think and do what others say? I'm gonna qoute something from the OP to explain why I find MJ as an unlikely town; "The clock is ticking and your mentors aren't growing any younger". You notice that part of mentors? As far as I know Spidey never mentored MJ... Fucking and mentoring is two very different things. ANd what if, just what if, Trucks and Hatz and you are part of the same scum team? Of course they wanna draw fire away from you then... I'm not saying this is the case, just that I prefer to make up my own mind. And thuis far I haven't seen anything that would exclude you as a scum.

TruckOSaurus said:
DanneSandin said:
TruckOSaurus said:

FoS: Danne

This line of thinking leads nowhere. It has been explicitly stated in the OP that names and roles don't match, Mario even quoted it not too long ago.

Yes, I know that flavors don't match and that's why I'm confused about MJ. Every one else we know about are side kicks. MJ isn't. Do you know what that means? Or are you sure it means jack shit?

I can't be 100% sure of course but I don't think it's of great importance.

I'm not sure either. This is why I think it's good if everyone name claimed, but I'm not too sure that's a good idea either... It's a tricky one!!

Damn you, pezus!!