By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

I'm in the middle of catching up, was at a concert two nights ago and then was out all day yesterday so I was too tired to catch up yesterday. I'll post/vote when I have finished doing so.

Around the Network

Quick question: We all know that the person that is most likely to be bussed is the one doing the kill right? Well if that's the case why would HappyD have been the one that was bussed Night 1? It would imply he would have done the kill which normally we could say was possible seeing as any member of the mafia could have done the kill but we have a confirmed unlimited mafia Strongman in the game, don't you think it was more likely that he was bussed Night 1 and did the kill?

radishhead said:
I do think they're both scummy, but nothing in the past 100 posts or so has convinced me one way or the other, and I've already made my coin flip. I'm a bit concerned by how often HD has come down to L1 or L2 considering I'm pretty certain that he's town aligned now

We have to agree on one person. You said it make no difference to you, hence the coin toss, so what's the problem?

*Off to class

Yoshiya said:
Quick question: We all know that the person that is most likely to be bussed is the one doing the kill right? Well if that's the case why would HappyD have been the one that was bussed Night 1? It would imply he would have done the kill which normally we could say was possible seeing as any member of the mafia could have done the kill but we have a confirmed unlimited mafia Strongman in the game, don't you think it was more likely that he was bussed Night 1 and did the kill?

Finally, some help.

Anyways, the only two confirmed busses (i.e. swaps) didn't involve DT. First one was with tabaha and the gun owner, and the second one involved Trucks and you (Yoshiya).

I don't really think that FF is mafia. I've played a game with him before as mafia and whilst he was a lurker, he was also pretty bad for actually adding much to the game. He gave off that feeling earlier on occasionally but now I feel he has changed that.
I now think that HappyD is also town because of the question I posed above.
I'm not massively happy about all the trust being placed in Miz, not because I think he is scum per sae but I don't think there is hard evidence to say he is town either. He won't be getting my vote unless something big happens though.
Radish is a noob this game, too little to pin him down with and lots of active lurking (I've noticed now a few of his posts have been about him asking why everyone is assuming X, getting a response, thanking the person and then just leaving).
Linkz I don't really know about, he's put his neck out trying to get HappyD because it's basically split town in two for the most part and I don't like how that has happened this late on in the game, we need to work together if we are going to find anything. I don't think that HappyD =/= scum = Linkz = scum though.

As such, I'd say I am most comfortable with a Radish lynch but since I can see that town is at the point where they are about to give up, I want to give him a chance to talk more before I put my vote down (it seems town in getting to the point where they are willing to change their votes purely because they think that person will be lynched).

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Yoshiya said:

Finally, some help.

Anyways, the only two confirmed busses (i.e. swaps) didn't involve DT. First one was with tabaha and the gun owner, and the second one involved Trucks and you (Yoshiya).

Not true, one definitely happened with Tabaha the night he scanned DT. Also, another thought that has just occured, out of all the mafia roles out there, wouldn't the one that has a special killing power be the one most likely to own a gun? That implies that DT and Tabaha were bussed Night 1 rather than Tabaha and anyone else

EBWOP: I mean one definitely happened the Night Tabaha scanned DT, not that he and Tabaha were bussed.

miz1q2w3e said:
radishhead said:
I do think they're both scummy, but nothing in the past 100 posts or so has convinced me one way or the other, and I've already made my coin flip. I'm a bit concerned by how often HD has come down to L1 or L2 considering I'm pretty certain that he's town aligned now

We have to agree on one person. You said it make no difference to you, hence the coin toss, so what's the problem?

*Off to class

Exactly - it makes no difference to me, so why not just agree on the player who I've already got a vote on?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

miz1q2w3e said:
Linkzmax said:
No it wasn't the level of activity. As I said it was more intuition going off of what I recall of what he has said when he's been here. It's also a process of elimination given what I've said for you and Yoshi and to a lesser extent FF.(such as not thinking he'd follow me in voting for you when a scummate Trucks was already on you)

It's bad strategy for all mafia to behave the same way, and it also would depend on the normal activity level of each player.

I'm pretty sure I put radish in my top two before he voted me. The coin flip rubs me the wrong way because if he was already decided on the two of us for toDay and toMorrow, then he should have just voted me since happy already had and thus my lynch is more likely. There's no need to say he flipped a coin.

And as for lynching FF, I told you this game is in your hands.(well and Yoshi too) If that's what you want to do then so be it. I do have lingering suspicion of a radish-FF(or happy-FF) scumteam. It is KNOWN that radish and I are not BOTH scum now though.

@bold: It is?

Also, this post doesn't feel right. A town would be more cautious about palcing votes at a time like this. He even acted as if it were so unlikely that the remaining scum could quicklynch, even though he's not online that much = scum have a high chance of getting to vote before he even logs back on. Your thoughts?

One last thing. You keep saying it's in my hands, but who's the vet here? The fact is you're not sure either. Nobody is forcing you to listen to me.

Yes it is. You and FF both had votes on happy. So if radish and I were scum we would have quicklynched him.

No, that post is fine. The only chance of scum quicklynching after his vote is if two of you, Yoshi, and radish were scum. He says he considers Yoshi to be town, and you as well although less confident. Thus the likelyhood of a quicklynch is very little.

No, I've been pretty sure happy and radish are the remaining scum for Days. You ARE blind due to your friendship with happy to see him for the sniveling scum he is.  While I am not sure that FF isn't scum, I won't be voting him just because you say so, but I'm not going to stand in your way if you want to lose because you are simply tired. So yes, I'm not listening to you.

happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4943797

happydolphin said:
I have a huge HoS on tabaha for supporting prof all game long. Tabs you need to explain this.

Otherwise my doubts are very strong at this point on DT for visiting prof night 2.

Lastly, I would lynch neither of DT or tabs until the very end. Right now I'm pretty certain of Radish.

But toDay we are lynching Hatz there is no doubt about that.

And we all know how your first post of Day 5 was to vote tabaha. Never any argument made to put it off again.

I can do this all Day if you'd like.(Well, I'll come back to it Sunday)

It doesn't serve a purpose though. Things change constantly in a game. It's not like I was calling someone a vig and then a BD with little evidence. We were all as a team making plans and changing them as things came up.

I really don't see how this helps anyone, and I'm pretty sure this can be done on either me or Miz, but for some reason you're just doing it on me.

Was Miz correct about DT? He wasn't, and neither was I. I could go back and tunnel on him, but there is no point to it. Bottom line is, we were confused, and some of our plans changed as they came. All I know is that I was not clear as to what to do nor as to what was happening, yet during it all you were very lucid. It makes you the fishier one in my eyes personally. While town was scrambling for facts, you knew everything that was happening all along.

If you continue to do this, you are just proving over and over that town (and I) was confused, and that you weren't, and it leads to think that you knew what was going on all along.

It certainly would have served a purpose, but since you think it didn't what was the point of saying it in the first place? Oh right, just another idea that you threw out there for everyone to read though you never believed a word of it. Keep pretending that thinking you could be the SCUM BD and then thinking you could be the SCUM dayvig(or just the killer for the night) is as radical a change as any of the shit you've pulled. As for evidence, you were the first one to bring up a bus-driver. And for vig, we have this chain of events:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4958606

happydolphin said:
As it is, my top suspects are Linkz, Final-Fan and Radish.

The only one I know I can trust is Miz.

Having said that, I gotta get to work but later I will explain my "flip-flopping", as well as the "bus-driver confirmed" suspicion.

Anyway Miz, just want you to be careful of Final-fan especially. He's been an active lurker almost all game and there's little to peg him on. Keep your eyes open.

Translation: "Fuck, I'm screwed. I'll have to think of something."

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4959840

happydolphin said:
I just want to say at this point I'm pretty much 100% certified town.

Tabs scanned me night 1, the night where tabs was bus-driven, per Mantle's item investigation night 1. And I said all game I did not have an item, and I don't since I'm VT, and the vig's gun was MOST LIKELY hatz'. So it's pretty clear that his Town scan on me isn't bs, and well I know that's a fact but you guys need the certainty of it. This is it.

Translation: "I still can't explain my rampant flip-flopping, but everyone forgot about this so I'll just bring it up and then I can coast to victory. Heck, I even forgot it since I know it isn't true, lulz."

But let's not stop there, I mean you kept insisting that it was hat who was likely swapped right? Until http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4960060

happydolphin said:

Linkzmax said:

Good point.

Unless hat's story about being shot at Day 1 is true, which would mean scum had a day-vig also. Thus you could be mafia's day-vig and got swapped Night 1.

I take everything hat says with a sea full of salt, so I don't put much stock into his story. The issue I do have is the idea of mafia swapping tabaha and hat makes absolutely no sense. They wouldn't know they're giving a false positive on tabaha, and likewise the possibility of "confirming" hat as town is dumb. Neither was targeted for the kill, nor was either performing the kill. It's a complete waste of the action.

That makes sense, and is a good point.

Then, that ties us back to the actual fact... that I was kind of stretching with the hatz thing, maybe hoping to find answers. The truth is, and I've said it before, that mantle was a flavor cop. As such, the item itself says nothing about the player that posesses it. Though I've said it before, it's almost as if I didn't want to, since I wanted to believe we had the answer for night 1...

But alas, I do not know who tabaha was swapped with. It could have been me, but then his scan on me is inconclusive, since he would have ended up scanning himself.

So who had the vig's gun? We'll never know until the end of the game.

I'll have to find another way to prove that I'm town then... I'll figure it out.

For now, you can be certain that, though I was swayed by DT and even though Yosh was crazy for considering the possibility of DT bussing Trucks for town cred, I finally came to my senses when the facts were brought to me, that, actually, it makes no sense that Trucks would make the kill, and that tabs was uncounter-claimed.

That's why you think I was flip-flopping and anti-town, but I was anti-town until I figured out where my logic was wrong and faulty, and then I flipped to be pro-town. But the whole time, I thought I was pro-town, and was playing with Miz and DT, who I trusted most.

Though I still trust Miz, I think we both made the same mistake of trusting DT day 3.

I do want to win, so I'll answer what I can to show that I'm town and that if I played anti-town in your(s) eyes, it was not intentional.

Ahhhh once again you were just saying things to say it, without actually believing it. We've already gone over that you've been wrong about the idea of item's not pertaining to role. Or how asinine it is to say you could have been swapped with tabaha and it would be inconclusive.