By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

^ By ID numbers I mean the post ID numbers

Around the Network
Yoshiya said:
happydolphin said:
Yoshiya said:
happydolphin said:
Yoshi, are you town? If you are town, prove it to me. I'm almost reaching a point where I'm sure of my reads.

scum: radish, hatmoza, linkz, tabaha
town: me, miz, DT, ABC, Yoshiya, final-fan

How do I do that?

Tell me when you claimed your item first. It needs to be prior to mantle's scan. I trust his scan more than anything atm.

That will help me solve the DT/tabaha affair, I'm a hair away from cracking it.

I definitely claimed before Mantle said he found his item on Trucks. I'm not sure what the ID numbers are but I'm pretty sure I claimed my item before Mantle even claimed his role.

You did, which is why people thought mantle was bsing with his role.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Yoshiya said:
Just one question, we know one of DT or Tabaha are scum and it all comes down to which one of them is lying. Personally I think it is DT that is lying but you guys already know that so what I want to know is; is there any hard evidence to suggest one of them is lying? By this I mean we assume that both are telling the truth and find evidence to disprove one of them (without using the claims of each other).

As I recall, there is no revealed evidence against either one, aside from mantle seeing the vigilante gun on tabaha on Night 1.  By revealed I mean stated by pezus or stated by flipped town powers.  If tabaha is telling the truth, then DT is certainly lying; if DT is telling the truth, tabaha and TOS both lied.  Considering TOS is mafia we can't just use Occam's Razor and say one lie is easier to buy than two. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

If anyone would like to stop arguing about night 2, take a look at the points I made when I responded to HappyDolphin and voted Linkz .

Oh, and one thing I would like to point out, if we lynch the wrong person out of Tabaha and DT, Hat won't just be able to kill off the other one as we have a confirmed busdriver/redirector and as such they will be protected.

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:

I'm not too sure about Tabaha since Supermario voted him day 1 and wanted him lynched. For me, its between Linkz, Radish, and Final-Fan as mafia, and I'm leaning towards Linkz. For refence:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4914401

"Thanatos is scum for bringing up the two team theory and asking someone if he was on the "second team". Ninetails seems to be too sure for his own good, and now he doesn't want to talk about it in order to not give his fellow team mates away. Why else would he say he knows for sure about someone? Maybe he is just giving himself to much credit. 1. Tabaha, I get the same feeling from last game. It is hard to tell with him though. FF was lurking and then started posting more. I think this might be because I called him out about it, or he just realized it himself. Either that, or he was genuinely busy. I also feel that Radish is playing like his scum self. He isn't posting much and has some weird theories going on. 2. I would like to hear what Linkz has to say about him though. Although, his Radish sense has been a bit off as of late."

1. If Supermario was playing as crappy I would assume he just cleared Tabaha, Radish, and Final-Fan as at least not being part of his team.

2. I don't like how he asks Linkz for advice first of all (although most people do, this is confirmed asking for advice he doesn't actually need). Second I'd like to bring up this post (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4907567)

"Names not fitting with roles is probably more like Superman wouldn't be Bulletproof for example. Names not fitting with alignment flies in the face of the theme though, so for that reason I think pezus should have and would have given scum safeclaims. And in that vein(sp?) it's pointless to argue if a character claim is fake or not, because as safeclaims they should all be reasonable for a townie to have. The exception of a trap for mafia like yoshi brought up would be if town itself has questionable characters in it.(Which is something I would have, and did do in GoT)"

Also 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4907618

"Why? It's the same issue that I just pointed out in a previous post. Either pezus gave scum a safe claim that isn't really safe, or put in a trap for town to avoid such flavor hunting.

I don't mean to say that none are scum, but I think trying to deduce which is the possible scum(s) by character will be fruitless."

If one thing is clear, Linkz believed that character hunting was useless from the start. His refercence to Pezus making safeclaims also does not sit well with me.

(http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4907706)

"Sorry hat. I have no reason to trust spurge and though I'd be okay with being rid of him, I'm not hopping on here."

I'm not sure if Hatmoza claimed the Spurgeon kill or not, but if someone else would have considering killing him it would be linkz.

Supermario plays follow the leader (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4907726)

"I seriously cannot believe you guys argued over your names for such a long time. If pezus says they don't matter then why bother? It just seems like a waste of time to me when everyone probably has similar types of characters. I mean, it would be stupid to identify mafia just because their name doesn't fit. Let us move past this and listen to Hatz. I also got a scum vibe from spurge and he hammered me last game so he deserves it. :P "

Mario Agrees with Linkz on the names, and also votes claiming to believe Hatmoza. Mario obviously knew of the fakeclaims being mafia, but to distance himself said he agreed with Hatmoza instead.

There's a bunch more posts so I might bring up more later, but right now I'm upgrading my HoS to

Vote: Linkzmax

Some good points here, I don't recall Linkz addressing this either.  However, I do believe hatz took credit for the spurge kill. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Also I think I was the first one to cast suspicion onto Trucks for being on Supermario's "town" list and being parroted by him. Supermario also had Linkz on his town list even though Linkz wasn't too active, and both players discouraged scum hunting through names.

Come to think of it also Linkz has been ignoring my attacks on him and only joked once about me HoSing him.

Yoshiya said:
Oh, and one thing I would like to point out, if we lynch the wrong person out of Tabaha and DT, Hat won't just be able to kill off the other one as we have a confirmed busdriver/redirector and as such they will be protected.

Ah ... yes, I'd forgotten that that would certainly happen.  I was very tired in my previous set of posts but now I have less excuse for that.  Sorry. 

Unvote