By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

hatmoza said:
miz1q2w3e said:
hatmoza said:
Also town. Don't place your votes carelessly. Scum may have enough players to do a quick bandwagon on a player with one or two votes.

laughing out loud.

DT is a more complicate case, but a slip is a slip. Linkz and F-F will see it for what it is. If they're town at least.

If you're referring to miz and the knife, to be honest I thought he was implying that he thought you were lying and was asking if you cared to give the real, real answer.  

Sorry about my extended absence -- a combination of procrastination and the thread absolutely EXPLODING.  I mean it grew by 40% in two days, 700-800 posts.  Considering how much happened I forgive you.  Game 50, Day 3.  Put that one in the record books.  Moving on.  

I'm closing in on the end of the thread, finally.  I'll give a few more thoughts on what happened (particularly since Day 4 start) but I think I'd like to get totally caught up first.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
I am happy to discuss the information that is freely available to everyone. Such as the only townies that would have any excuse to assume who hat killed are those that watched/tracked either his kill or the other one. hat has every reason NOT to work with town if he wants to win(and still can't be safely lynched at this point) and so him killing mantle as a "haha, do something about it" spitefullness is perfectly reasonable.

The big problem with this is that you are then stuck explaining why mafia would want to kill zero.  Riddle me that.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

hatmoza said:
A Bad Clown said:

Also I want to bring up Final-Fan for constantly saying he'll catch up. It doesn't seem to have happened yet. Same for Radishhead.

Now that you mention it. every game F-F won as scum he ALWAYS laid low the whole game. Always.

and I'm willing to throw my vote on him just for that.

Wrong.  

I pretty much trust Yoshiya. Jack would be a really weird role for mafia to have, and between the (verified) tracking and the (unverified but it would be insane to fakeclaim) roleblock, I do believe he's a Jack. So Yoshiya's not fakeclaiming IMO even if he were mafia. Now we are faced with the idea that a mafia Jack with a tracking power (lol) followed DT to the person whom another mafia just happened to be killing. Color me skeptical.

tabaha is another story, but that will be a different post.

Yoshiya said:
DarkThanatos said:

What makes you think you are confirmed town? I definately don't think you are. 

And that's not what i meant. Why didn't you roleblock Hatz last night, to stop his kill. Unless you think Tabaha or Linkz is scum - the two people he was supposed to chose a kill from if you looked at the fast majority of players that suggested kills for him- then you would have suspected him to be definately killing a town. So you took a guess on one of multiple scums to do the kill instead of stopping a definate kill. 

YesterDay at least most players seemed to feel I was town due to my claim. That may have changed now but at Night I was effectively considered town.

And because I thought he had a chance to hit scum....

O.o One of the majority choices was Linkz? Are you high? The only player that even mentioned Hat potentially killing him was you in your post after Night started.

And yes, I took a chance. It was the best I felt I had. It didn't work to stop the kill but I still feel it got you. Town seems unconvinced though so whatever.

This was just terrible play though Yosh.  Not just the block, but pretending that you could still use it on hat.  

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4936744

Hat does have a point about one thing: although it is completely understandable for someone to think his knife claim is just another lie (OJ, come on), miz does seem to buy into it in this post. But I guess he's not so much believing the knife claim as mocking the cock claim.

I guess I would ask miz this: if you did think this second item claim was also bullshit, why did you wait until now to mention it?

DarkThanatos said:
happydolphin said:
Yoshiya said:

I lied when I said I did nothing last Night to prevent DT from using what I said to his advantage. I roleblocked him, if he really watched me he should have known that.

He should have known what, he never said he got a result...

Somebody's getting lynched tomorrow *rubs hands* DT's case on you insta-voting him rather than trucks is pretty solid. You helped us none yesterDay. Same for Linkz and F-F.

Right, so first he lies to town. Then says he can use his roleblock to stop an SK. So that we don't kill Hatz today. BUT NO, he actually used it on me, so he wants my lynch. That means that Hatz would have a free reign to kill another town tonight. That move is to NO TOWN'S ADVANTAGE. 

Not to mention that is definately one possible scenario that Yoshiya is ignoring. As i said, I didn't name anyone, Pezus told me my watch "Nothing to Report". So either that means, no-one visted Yoshiya, I was bussed with a player that no-one visited, or i was blocked and so saw nothing. 

I disagree that Yoshiya is scummy (although in other circumstances his logic would be scummy), but I agree that there are at least a couple ways to explain a blocked Watcher not knowing he was blocked (bussing made him not blocked, no result = not informed he was blocked).  

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4936152

Yeah mantle, name the people you were trying to fool! (tabaha please explain what you meant in this post.)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4935850

happy, the inconsistency of your play is staggering.

So, tabaha. Scans happy innocent. Why would you scan happy. Scans prof innocent the night he dies, which was revealed in order to implicate a Watcher who has given us a mafia. Scans DT innocent, but says he "feels" it was redirected.

Says he is "un-counter-claimed" in a game with Jack, Watcher, Flavor Cop already. Please. This would be more like bad reasoning than scumminess, except that he leaned on this crutch very hard yesterDay to try to shore up his credibility.

This guy has zero credibility, unreliable scans by his own claims, is a third wheel as far as investigations go ... the list goes on.

HoS tabaha.
It's between him and hatmoza IMO. Or DT, I guess, but my money's on tabaha.

If you are determined to let hatmoza live toDay, you're obviously powerless to stop him killing, therefore you're trusting him to obey the town. (Otherwise, I think we have enough people that we could afford to lynch known scum in return for cutting the casualty rate in half.) So if you are going to let hat live, we could possibly have him kill the one of DT and tabaha that we don't lynch and go for a clean sweep. Although it does seem odd to destroy our last investigator...