By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

mantlepiecek said:

Tabaha, what thought crossed your mind when you saw that Ninetails claimed Dayvig, after prof asked him to roleclaim?

I need to know this.

I believed him

Around the Network
Yoshiya said:
DarkThanatos said:
Yoshiya said:

(1)It's not a bad defense if it's a direct counter to a point....

(2) And as for the last bit, can someone please give me evidence for where I have been buddying up and stop just parroting Zero on this. 

(3) I'd also like links to the defending other players, any evidence that I was pro-flavour hunting (I said right at the beginning it was pointless...).

(4) Nacho has been wrong about me being scum before as well and even if he was right, do you really think I am stupid enough to take him out purely because I am on his list?

(1) Most players would disagree.

(2) Don't just take my word for it- I will point out a few cases where other people have pointed it out,

theprof00 said:
happydolphin said:
zero129 said:
Just for if my vote from day 1 is not carried over
Vote: Yoshia

Also one other thing i noticed early in the game was some buddying from trucks with Yoshia and Tabaha.
We had trucks defending Yoshia, Yoshia defending trucks, Tabaha defending trucks and now lately trucks defending tabaha.
connection? im not sure yet but id be most happy with lynching yoshia as he is most likely mafia out of all 3. but i wont put it out of the way for one of the other to also be mafia that being Trucks or Tabaha.

I noticed too.

me three

Then we get onto your persistant bad defensive points with Mantle along with your attacking points on me when I'm attacking Mantle, which is noticed not just by me; 

happydolphin said:
Yoshiya said:

I feel we need to look at why someone would want to get rid of Nacho and Mario. I still feel that 9TC's thing about having an investigation was a load of rubbish and that it was just 9TC trying to get someone who he thought was mafia killed. Way I see it he wouldn't have two day abilities that can be used in the same day, seems too overpowered for me. Mario's death suggests either an SK, a Vig or a second scum party. I'm leaning on two scum because I genuinely feel DT has made a slip about this. Speaking of which;

Vote: DT

Following Mario's legacy are we?

Vote: Yoshiya.

FoS Trucks

And then when this has been pointed out you start -to steal a term "buddy distancing"

Yoshiya said:

Just remembered this. You tell me to push DT for his flipflopping suggesting you find it suspicious as well but never question him yourself, care to explain why? I'm pretty sure something similar happened earlier on as well, you pointed out something DT did but then left me and Mantle to actually question him for it. You seem unwilling to go down properly on players and are rather just bringing up small suspicions and then letting others take them further.

This reads as buddy distancing to me. Why complain if you're both working in the same direction?

(3) Telling a player to push for another based on their character 

Yoshiya said:
A Bad Clown said:
I'm going ahead and saying that I think of the "Captain America" sidekicks is lying.

Well if that's the case then go after Stefl, I know for a fact I am telling the truth.

Admittedly, after you started getting slack for it you gave Zero a "serious FoS" and did a double take on the issue. The reason I associated you with flavour hunting is because of the aforequoted post.

(on a side note- a serious FoS? Really? As Stefl pointed out, this really doesn't sound genuine)

(4) Yes. Nacho was not at the front of town's minds, and he put suspicion on a few people. Now it may just be a coincidence, but on the other hand, if he was on the money with a couple of players, it would be worth taking him out. 

(5) Oh and I forgot to mention the first time, your innocent town play. I have used that every time I've been scum, and i recognise it from a mile off...

Yoshiya said:
Nacho died? I see no real reason why mafia would have targeted him. Anyone remember who his suspects were?
Also, town either had another vig or DT's theory that there was two mafias was true. If the latter is the case it only serves to make him more suspicious for bringing it up imo

(1) So telling someone I am not playing like I was playing like I was when I was scum (something which I am not) when they are using that as part of the reason they are voting me is being scummy? Nice to know I am not allowed to tell people they are wrong when they are....

(2) That example you used was the exact thing I was talking about when I said "can SOMEONE". I wasn't just talking to you but to everyone that has told me I am buddying up. Thus far no evidence has come up. I find this weird actually. You have gone to the effort to dig up my previous posts but outright refused to find one that shows me buddying up. Rather you use a post where other people said they seemed to think I was buddying up to people.

This is followed by you using a post where someone says "Following Mario's legacy" to say I am buddying up to Mantle. Congrats on confusing the two names... This is further countered when you look at the fact that I was actually pushing for you before Mario was and during Day 2 just continued that.

As to the "buddy distancing", I still don't feel I was buddying up to Trucks in the first place so unless you find me some hard evidence this is point is moot.

(3) Wow, just wow. Not even going to justify that with an answer. And you say I have weak points...

(4) As you said yourself, Nacho put suspicion on a lot of people. Why does this make me the scum out of the lot of them?

(5) I was genuinely surprised that Nacho died. He has never played in a full game (the most he has made is Day 2 I believe) so I didn't see why mafia would see him as a threat. Also, since this ties into the point before. Why the hell would I point people at his suspicions if the reason he died was because he guessed me and any so-called scum mates I have?

Zero accused me of turning on people that have voted for me but thus far I'm pretty sure with the exception of the 9TC/Tabaha thing you have basically only been focused on me and Mantle all game...

(2) I'm not trying to persuade you that you are scum, you already know you are. I'm trying to show town all your scummyness in one go so they can fully appreciate it. Town already feels that you are scum as evidenced by the posts I linked. If they want to reconfirm, all they need to do is go back and check your posts. 

And oh well, shoot me. When there are 15 quotes open to choose from of your scumminess, and you don't want to spam town with all of them, mistakes occur. Still a valid point in it's own.

Again the point is not moot. Several players clearly see it, and as they are the ones that matter, its all that i need to do. Again, you seem to have got confused here. Your scum brain probably panicked. My intention is not to persuade you that you are scum, it is to highlight to other town players what they already know.

(4) It alone doesn't make you scum out of the lot of them. I haven't blanket said everyone else is town, and if you remember, I was the player that went back and brought up the posts. 

(5) Simple, by pointing it out yourself, you can make that exact defense. "Oh I can't be scum, because I pointed out that a player was suspicious of others including myself." You said it yourself, there are a few players there, it wouldn't be hard to direct the suspicion at a player who you know aren't scum if another team-mate was in there. 

Oh wow great last point there. With the exception of four players you've posted a fair bit of content about, you've only ever mentioned other players a few times. 

...aaaaand? 4 players is actually quite a few considering no player has even got a 1/3 of the needed votes at the start of day 2. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

tabaha said:
mantlepiecek said:

Tabaha, what thought crossed your mind when you saw that Ninetails claimed Dayvig, after prof asked him to roleclaim?

I need to know this.

I believed him

Nothing else? Any particular reason you believed him?

So, zero, you claim that you think that you think that you believe your own opinions. I, for one, am shocked.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

well let's move it forward a little then

vote: tabaha

Around the Network

I am sure that your theory is wrong, zero, and at the very least your proposal does the town harm in that it's yet another distraction and delay.

And my shock was sarcasm. Blatant, blatant sarcasm.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

DarkThanatos said:

(2) I'm not trying to persuade you that you are scum, you already know you are. I'm trying to show town all your scummyness in one go so they can fully appreciate it. Town already feels that you are scum as evidenced by the posts I linked. If they want to reconfirm, all they need to do is go back and check your posts. 

And oh well, shoot me. When there are 15 quotes open to choose from of your scumminess, and you don't want to spam town with all of them, mistakes occur. Still a valid point in it's own.

Again the point is not moot. Several players clearly see it, and as they are the ones that matter, its all that i need to do. Again, you seem to have got confused here. Your scum brain probably panicked. My intention is not to persuade you that you are scum, it is to highlight to other town players what they already know.

(4) It alone doesn't make you scum out of the lot of them. I haven't blanket said everyone else is town, and if you remember, I was the player that went back and brought up the posts. 

(5) Simple, by pointing it out yourself, you can make that exact defense. "Oh I can't be scum, because I pointed out that a player was suspicious of others including myself." You said it yourself, there are a few players there, it wouldn't be hard to direct the suspicion at a player who you know aren't scum if another team-mate was in there. 

Oh wow great last point there. With the exception of four players you've posted a fair bit of content about, you've only ever mentioned other players a few times. 

...aaaaand? 4 players is actually quite a few considering no player has even got a 1/3 of the needed votes at the start of day 2. 

@bold Notice how DT is effectively saying "I'm not even going to give you a chance to defend yourself". Why would a townie be so happy to lynch someone they haven't even given a proper chance to defend himself by providing CORRECT evidence (unlike the stuff you have shown so far) that they can properly discuss and counter?

@italics Posts you were described as town in so in your own words it would have been just as easy for you to later say "He called me town" as it would have been for me to point out what I said....

@underlined I asked about those posts and then when they come up continue pushing for the person that he listed as town. I like how you have made a hypothetical argument here that hasn't been carried out in real life to support a point.

And I really don't understand that last point, you say I have ONLY focused on four but then say four is a lot. I'm confused.

zero129 said:
Final-Fan said:
So, zero, you claim that you think that you think that you believe your own opinions. I, for one, am shocked.

Why would you be shocked that someone believes in his own opinions?.

do you still believe saying your name could be harm?

Can someone please explain to me how us saying our names could be bad Itfor town?. at least any more worse then it is now atm or not knowing names?

names wont give away someones roles. It also wont say whos mafia as they have been giving safe claims gong by yoshia.

So the only thing it will do is give us a count of how many side kicks are to each player and imo that could help town

Zero, 

Mafia can screw this over, because they can always claim a sidekick to a hero that hasn't been done, or has already been done making the numbers for each hero redundant. 

All it would do is distract players from scumhunting, and create confusion. 

Yoshiya said:
DarkThanatos said:

@bold Notice how DT is effectively saying "I'm not even going to give you a chance to defend yourself". Why would a townie be so happy to lynch someone they haven't even given a proper chance to defend himself by providing CORRECT evidence (unlike the stuff you have shown so far) that they can properly discuss and counter?

@italics Posts you were described as town in so in your own words it would have been just as easy for you to later say "He called me town" as it would have been for me to point out what I said....

@underlined I asked about those posts and then when they come up continue pushing for the person that he listed as town. I like how you have made a hypothetical argument here that hasn't been carried out in real life to support a point.

And I really don't understand that last point, you say I have ONLY focused on four but then say four is a lot. I'm confused.

@Bold If you want to defend yourself, go back and find your posts and defend them. The ones you miss out we can look at more to find out why, and the ones you post you can argue against. If i was making an original point here, then yes ofc i should bring up the posts, but people have already seen them and already posted their suspicion about it. 

@Italics. You have turned it into an entirely different point. Players asked to see Nacho's scumspects, I went back and found them. My point still stands. 

@Underlined. I dont understand what you are saying. And you say this hasn't been carried out- but lets look at Tabaha, and Haxton. Both have been pushed after the day ended. 

And the last point exactly. You clearly don't even believe your own points. That was YOUR point against me. I was pointing out how laughable it was. YOU effectively said "With the exception of the four players you've posted quite a lot of content about, you've basically only ever mentioned other players a few times." 

Yoshiya said:

Zero accused me of turning on people that have voted for me but thus far I'm pretty sure with the exception of the 9TC/Tabaha thing you have basically only been focused on me and Mantle all game...

It is unfortunate, but I think tabaha is town and shouldn't be lynched. He isn't responding to my questions and is making it a lot harder imo to give him a chance at defence.