By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

tabaha said:

Well I'm happy that a mafia got killed tonight without the loss of any town power role.

And btw, mafia is probably thanking god that mario has died tonight and filpped scum. He had no important role and it put some credibility on 9TC so people can trust his scan on me easily

Generic "yay nice going town" post to start us into Day 2, but I think the second part of this quote is a legitimate slip. The only reason mafia would be "thanking god" is if he was one of a few/the only mafia without a power role. I don't think that VGChartz mafia players as a group make best use of moments like these  - sometimes players make mistakes, and we're supposed to pick up on them and act accordingly. Similar story with DT's "second team" post - why was that looked over so quickly? I want to bring posts like these back up as an issue to deal with.

May as well put my money where my mouth is

Vote: Tabaha

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
DarkThanatos said:

Ok, so you've dropped the entire bit about me suspecting Zero, and are now back to my logic about the split. 

You are suspecting me because i theorised about the town/scum/third party split. My god the horror. 

I will explain it to you once again, because you have still not come to terms with it. 

There were 21 players. Usually 2/3 or more are town. That would mean that roughly 7 or less are not town. This can be assumed to be roughly correct purely for balancing purposes of a standard game. (1) 

6/7 is a huge size for a single scum team. As in theory it could mean scum win with 12/14 players still in the game, the size of a whole new game, I think it is pretty obscene to find a 6/7 sized scum team. Even Mafiascum agrees with me on this. (2) 

If we are to make a game with roughly the normal split of town-not town, then it is possible we have two scum teams. (3) 

To make them balance we can guess them to be possibly a 3-3 split. Alternatively, we may have a normal scum group and an SK. (4+1) (5+1) (4) 

Which part of those do you disagree with? When i made the original post I said feel free to disagree with me on the numbers if you think differently- but instead you just said i was scum. So I'm giving you a second chance. I even numbered them for ease of use. 

That was the information we had at the time available to us. I do not think it is an unreasonable leap of logic to make those conclusions, or scummy in anyway. 

If you just made a theory it would have been different. You used that theory to support another one.

I take it from the complete lack of disagreement with any of the easily labelled points that you are finally conceding that this is a decent theory?

As for the second part about me using a theory to support another theory;

Are you referring to the fact I used this scenario to support my "theory" that one of the four people on Zero was probably scum? I will go through that again for you, because apparently that works now.  

Usually 2/3 or slightly less of the players playing a game are town, so therefore about 1/3 are non-town. (1) 

4 people are on Zero, so because 1/3 are usually non-town, probably one of the players is non-town.This is further likely because scum tend to add to suspicion on players for mislynch.  If Zero is town, this would mean that one of the players on him is very likely scum. (2) 

If Zero is scum, then there are two possible scenarios. Either he is in one of two teams or he is part of a single bigger scum team. The reason why I am considering two scum teams is because of my above logic leading me to suspect there may be two scum teams. (3) 

If Zero is part of two scum teams, then the point about scum putting suspicion on players to make it easier to mislynch still stands. (4) 

If Zero is part of a bigger scum team, then because of teh size of the game, they may well be distancing themselves from Zero in case he gets lynched. They would probably not vote them that early in the game though, which fits with many of them saying they are highly suspicious but not actually voting. It would be illogical to think multiple scumbuddies would be doing that that early though. So if there is, it would probably be only one player at a max. (5) 

The last paragraph is not a definate though, they may not be giving scum buddies FoS/HoS that early, hence why i said in this situation it is not a strong case on it's own. However I think trying to distance yourself works better if you say it early, rather then when multiple people are doing it, hence why it is still a scenario to consider. (6) 

Really this is more for town's benefit then yours though. Because more and more players are catching on to your flip-flopping, bad logic scumminess. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
Brb, gunna smoke while I try to control my laughter

You're one cruel bastard, you know that. XD

Then again, if you really are cop, it's dumb of you to reveal something like that so soon, and also, tabs would be one of the easiest players to bus night 1, just sayin'.

FoS

This is a similar situation - okay, maybe it's just a suggestion, but it could just as easily be mistakenly revealing that we're dealing with a mafia busdriver

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Linkzmax said:

DarkThanatos said:

6/7 is a huge size for a single scum team. As in theory it could mean scum win with 12/14 players still in the game, the size of a whole new game, I think it is pretty obscene to find a 6/7 sized scum team. Even Mafiascum agrees with me on this. (2)  

What's your source for (2)? I was in a 35-player game that had a 10 or 11-man scumteam, along with a 2nd team of 3 players, plus the SK.(me)

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mafia#Use_and_Power 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

TruckOSaurus said:
Yoshiya said:
DarkThanatos said:

Are you claiming an investigative role here Mantle? 

Why are you certain? If you do have a valid reason youa re certain of his scummyness I will follow you on it, and if he is town then we will lynch you tomorrow. 

It sounds like all you need to suddenly trust your "biggest scumspect" is for him to say he is an investigative role here. Isn't that a pretty big turn around? How do you know Mantle isn't just a rolecop scum trying to get rid of a powerful town role and you are willing to change you mind on him that quickly?

Your theory about mantle is near impossible since mantle isn't stupid, he wouldn't trade his life even for a powerful townie role but please keep on questionning DT on his flipflopping.

Just remembered this. You tell me to push DT for his flipflopping suggesting you find it suspicious as well but never question him yourself, care to explain why? I'm pretty sure something similar happened earlier on as well, you pointed out something DT did but then left me and Mantle to actually question him for it. You seem unwilling to go down properly on players and are rather just bringing up small suspicions and then letting others take them further.

Around the Network
Yoshiya said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Yoshiya said:
DarkThanatos said:

Are you claiming an investigative role here Mantle? 

Why are you certain? If you do have a valid reason youa re certain of his scummyness I will follow you on it, and if he is town then we will lynch you tomorrow. 

It sounds like all you need to suddenly trust your "biggest scumspect" is for him to say he is an investigative role here. Isn't that a pretty big turn around? How do you know Mantle isn't just a rolecop scum trying to get rid of a powerful town role and you are willing to change you mind on him that quickly?

Your theory about mantle is near impossible since mantle isn't stupid, he wouldn't trade his life even for a powerful townie role but please keep on questionning DT on his flipflopping.

Just remembered this. You tell me to push DT for his flipflopping suggesting you find it suspicious as well but never question him yourself, care to explain why? I'm pretty sure something similar happened earlier on as well, you pointed out something DT did but then left me and Mantle to actually question him for it. You seem unwilling to go down properly on players and are rather just bringing up small suspicions and then letting others take them further.

It's all a matter of priority. Yesterday evening I decided to re-read tabaha and ninetailschris's posts since that was the main subject of discussion.

Don't worry, I'll get around to DarkThanatos and miz eventually.

Signature goes here!

DarkThanatos said:

Really this is more for town's benefit then yours though. Because more and more players are catching on to your flip-flopping, bad logic scumminess. 

The only thing they are "catching on" is something I've addressed already.

And that doesn't mean anything, because I've seen town catch on things that pretty much turned out different in the end. It was flip-flopping but not bad logic, simple as that.

I am not going to waste my time spending explaining again like I did last day. "Why are you suspicious of DT mantle" Now it is "Why did you imagine DT being suspicious mantle".

That's not even the worst part. The worst part is some people actually think or thought that I was trying to shove suspicion on someone because they are new. That is the most dangerous path ever, because then whatever you do, town does the opposite. No point in doing it.

As for the complete lack of disagreement, I am not going to argue much more about this issue. I am tired of it. I've done it to death.

This has been going on since prof questioned on day 1.

I've also addressed why I thought it is not possible for your theory to be true when zero is scum. If zero is scum the no. of players who will be pushing for him will be drastically reduced, and the no. of players who are defending him or who try to steer away a discussion from him increase, and from that the statistic completely changes.

Your distancing from each other point doesn't work on day 1, and again, the situation in which you put forward this theory on day 1 didn't show a hint of this. This is why I later asked as well, if you thought scum were pushing suspicion on their teammate on day 1? Then you declined.

Final-Fan said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Guys, I believe what 9TC was saying before he died. All of it.

Vote: tabaha

Why don't you try reading the OP?  The part where his role is ONE SHOT day vig, not infinite shot as he claimed, and nothing whatsoever about investigations? 

It could have meant one shot a day. The details are in this post if you want.

Yes, there's no proof that everything he said is true. However, what has been confirmed by pezus DID turn out to be true. Why are we doubting the rest of it now?

...*catching up.

miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Why don't you try reading the OP?  The part where his role is ONE SHOT day vig, not infinite shot as he claimed, and nothing whatsoever about investigations? 

Yes, there's no proof that everything he said is true. However, what has been confirmed by pezus DID turn out to be true. Why are we doubting the rest of it now?

...*catching up.

One-shot in that context always means they can only use the ability once on VGC

Yoshiya said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

...*catching up.

One-shot in that context always means they can only use the ability once on VGC

That's not proof of anything. Why couldn't it be different this time.

BUT, let's say that is true. Isn't it possible he misunderstood it and paraphrased it wrong based on his misunderstanding?

ALSO, even if he was lying to make it seem like he wasn't useless (i.e. to make it seem like he still had shots), there's no proof against the claim that he investigated tabaha and found him scum. You have no reason to doubt that part at all.