By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

theprof00 said:
How many people have not checked in yet for today?
Abc? spurge? (banned, or so I hear) danne?

I did actually check in earlier, how could you have missed that?? But for the most part I lurked around yesterday because I had class during the evening, and after that it was straight of to bed.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:
Has anyone asked mantle to nameclaim yet? Loki was a villian and was a villian in this game.

That's a great observation! It didn't even cross my mind even though I was pressing quite hard on the whole flavor thing on day 1!! But he probably had a safe claim I imagine, or else there would be no need for pezus to state that names didn't matter...

DanneSandin said:
Linkzmax said:
DanneSandin said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Guys, I believe what 9TC was saying before he died. All of it.

Vote: tabaha

I'm thinking like this: If we don't find anyone else to lynch (if we can't decide whom to lynch really) tabaha will always provide a good lynch, so why not have him as a "back up"? But on the other hand, that gives him time to sway people to NOT vote for him...

Him a-gonna HoS tabaha

How does tabaha "provide a good lynch"?

He's a good back up if we don't find scum this day, or the next day. 9TC pointed out him and Mario as scum, and he was right about Mario. True, 9TC also shoot innocent stefl, so that's a 50/50 scum/town distribution. But paying attention to tabaha's conversation with prof only solidifies my suspicions of tabaha.

Do you have any other suspects? If yes, who?

Hmm....I may have to reconsider my stance on DT. Mantle's pushing on him is horrible and is making me think that he is mafia instead. Unless it's mafia vs. mafia from two different teams this point to DT being town. I'll wait and see what happens when DT gets back >.>

Tabaha is also playing weirdly but when I was watching last game I noticed that his panic seems to show more when he mafia than when he is town so the fact that he is playing cool is giving me a good feeling about him.

Also, I agree with Prof(?), Radish needs to get back in here and actually post something.

tabaha said:
DanneSandin said:
Linkzmax said:
DanneSandin said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Guys, I believe what 9TC was saying before he died. All of it.

Vote: tabaha

I'm thinking like this: If we don't find anyone else to lynch (if we can't decide whom to lynch really) tabaha will always provide a good lynch, so why not have him as a "back up"? But on the other hand, that gives him time to sway people to NOT vote for him...

Him a-gonna HoS tabaha

How does tabaha "provide a good lynch"?

He's a good back up if we don't find scum this day, or the next day. 9TC pointed out him and Mario as scum, and he was right about Mario. True, 9TC also shoot innocent stefl, so that's a 50/50 scum/town distribution. But paying attention to tabaha's conversation with prof only solidifies my suspicions of tabaha.

Do you have any other suspects? If yes, who?

Well, if you turn up town I think that both prof and Hatz will turn up scum, I'm quite sure. And I see pretty strong cases against both DT and mantle. Prof has such a different game style from last I saw him play, so it's hard to tell, and Hatz is quite different from when he was scum last time...

But right now I'm more comfortable pointing out those I'm thinking is town: miz and FF. They feel genuine.

Around the Network

Lol. I guess this is why I never try and share my thoughts. Last time I did it, people said that it was non-tell. And yet I was right. The player I was "fighting" against himself confirmed it. That doesn't mean I am always right, but I tend to not share my theories because of this.

This will be the last time I ever try and reason with people. It rarely ever works, and it only creates more suspicion and ammo for scum to exploit.

As far as concrete feelings are concerned, my town list is trucks, prof, happy, FF, Miz. As far as concrete scum are concerned, I would say it is Haxton.

And I also won't be pushing for anyone anymore in this game. Best of luck to you guys.

mantlepiecek said:
Final-Fan said:

This is amazing.  When I got involved with this argument, it was for the precise reason that you were acting like a two mafia theory was strange and suspicious for someone to think of without having special information about this round.  (It had been one of four reasons you'd given for suspecting DT, another two revolving around zero.)  When I argued that I thought it was a pretty reasonable possibility to think of (p.21@50), you didn't directly respond AFAIK, but responded indirectly in a post to DT by throwing that point out and reiterating the other 3, saying that they were your main reason and I had failed to realize that the point about the "3+3 theory" was just a sideshow.  (And that DT was clearly desperate for citing my rebuttal as something important to your argument.) 

Mantle.  Seriously.  This is not just flip-flopping.  You are blatantly moving the goalposts here.  When I call you out on the theory supposedly being something no townie would plausibly think of, you say it's unimportant.  But now when your other arguments are coming under fire (or proven to be completely false) the theory is all that matters?  Please.  This stinks really bad.  It's one thing to defend a bad theory but this smells like you're deliberately trying to pull something.  I'd vote if I could think of what reason you have to so desperately want this to stay front and center of town attention. 

FoS mantlepiecek

When did you call out my theory as something no town would care to bring up? And no, it is not a bad theory. I just thought DT was suspicious of zero and hence I got confused.

My theory was always dependant on DT's theory, if you actually notice.

As far as it remaining at the center of town's attention - that is just ridiculous. When I don't share my reasons apparently I am hindering the town, when I do I am making it the center of the town's attention.

And this was 4-5 days back so I forgot. I am not sure if this happens at all but it did happen to me, simple. It's what made me think he is scum, and when asked for reasons I got confused while thinking what it was.

1.  That was referring to DT's theory, which you alleged was "something blah blah blah".  Honestly how could you possibly misread that, it's like you're not even paying attention to what we're talking about.  I mean I can almost understand being confused by the word "theory" applying plausibly to both DT's idea and your case, but the "supposedly" pretty much blows the alternative interpretation out of the water IMO ... and really the whole thing only makes sense the say I meant it. 

2.  I'm not saying it's bad that you are contributing.  But if you're scum, then you'd have to have a pretty good reason to keep trying to keep this case against DT afloat instead of just conceding or dropping it after putting up a believable defense of the theory.  That is what I meant. 

I'm too tired.  Going to sleep now. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

(Just posting as I read along)

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, will be posting a fair bit today

So it turns out that 9TC wasn't an investigative role after all- I have no idea why he pretended he was, but I'm still not sure about Tabaha's alignment tbh.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

zero129 said:
Just for if my vote from day 1 is not carried over
Vote: Yoshia

Also one other thing i noticed early in the game was some buddying from trucks with Yoshia and Tabaha.
We had trucks defending Yoshia, Yoshia defending trucks, Tabaha defending trucks and now lately trucks defending tabaha.
connection? im not sure yet but id be most happy with lynching yoshia as he is most likely mafia out of all 3. but i wont put it out of the way for one of the other to also be mafia that being Trucks or Tabaha.

I noticed this slightly, but I don't see it as an issue so significant that it was worth voting over. I noticed that you've pretty much convinced yourself from the beginning that Yoshiya is mafia; could you briefly outline your points as to why you feel this is the case, because although he's definitely not safe town in my eyes, he's not a player that I would be pushing for at the moment. 

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~