By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

Oh, you reckon he was defending zero? That is a theory that makes sense. I'll have to consider it, but I have to go now.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
DarkThanatos said:
mantlepiecek said:

Yes, now I see that you actually didn't say you were suspicious of zero.

I got confused.

However I did ask you and you never replied to that part. You just said that If zero was scum, it would be so and so. Basically, you made a generalized statistical theory on both. That regardless of zero's alignment, the statistics would still remain the same 1 out of 4.

What made me suspicious though is you made a generalized theory and not that you were suspicious of zero, and then tried to make up a theory for it.

You made up a theory to support your generalized theory. The made up theory being 4 + 1, or so, and the generalized one being zero will have at least one scum on him by virtue of 1 out of 4 ratio regardless of his alignment.

@Bolded. I call bullshit. Highlighted below is why.

mantlepiecek said:
Final-Fan said:
mantlepiecek said:

The bolded isn't wrong imo at least.

DT said he is suspicious of zero - then zero said that at least one person amongst 4 who were pushing him were scum - then DT said that it is possible through statistics since there are 1 scum out of 4 players as a ratio - I asked does that work even if zero was scum? LIke he thought at the time - He said it is possible scum of opposite factions/3rd party serial killers may vote other parties since they try and get a mislynch - Said he didn't know how 3rd party players play since he has never been 3rd party so he maybe wrong.

This is in short why I think DT is scum. That is apart from what he said later on - he asked if I was on the second team.

-snip-

Why would he suspect zero is one and someone else is on another? He was using statistics, it was pure mathematics without inclusion of feelings about other players who were pushing for zero.

He said it is possible that someone is scum from the 4 who pushed zero - after saying he is suspicious of zero. To me that means he thought there are 2 scum teams before this. But how and why?

Him saying he doesn't know how 3rd party players play is really really weird in my eyes, since he did say that ninetails could be sk who changed his PM during day 1.

I specifically asked him how is it that he thinks a scum player will try and push suspicion on his teammate on day 1 - to which he replied it could be possible that there is 3 + 3 scum or an SK trying to mislynch. That is about as far-fetched as anything. He had obviously not thought much about it.

He then later said that 3 + 3 scum theory is just a theory. But why make that theory? And then to accept it as truth, and use it along with statistics for supporting zero's claim that there is one scum pushing for zero out of 4?

Nigh on every point is because of that. 

No. The last point is correct. You were asked what would be the case if zero were scum and I remember this conversation.

The first two were points I thought I was thinking. But they were incorrect, it was meant that even if zero was scum, one of the 4 who pushed for him would be scum.

Final-Fan said:
Oh, you reckon he was defending zero? That is a theory that makes sense. I'll have to consider it, but I have to go now.

Depends on what you mean by defending. I think he was just trying to make points to look town. Buddying upto zero as well. Zero was in so special danger at all.

Speaking of that, DT also got paranoid when me and prof were arguing during day 1 before the NT incident. He thought I was pushing for his lynch or something along the lines, by replying to prof.

That meant to say "Zero was in no special danger at all".

mantlepiecek said:
Final-Fan said:

Depends on what you mean by defending. I think he was just trying to make points to look town. Buddying upto zero as well. Zero was in so special danger at all.

Speaking of that, DT also got paranoid when me and prof were arguing during day 1 before the NT incident. He thought I was pushing for his lynch or something along the lines, by replying to prof.

Buddying up to Zero is kind of a redundant exercise. His opinion does not carry much weight, and his vote isn't too important as the population is so big. "Zero was in no special danger"- remember my point about gullible town ready to jump on anything? Remember how that was shown with both 9TC and Tabaha? I think 4 votes is starting to live dangerously in those circumstances...

I said you were putting suspicion on my continually arguing bad points over again. - Distracting town from the real matter at hand. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
DarkThanatos said:
mantlepiecek said:

-snip to reduce length- 

What made me suspicious though is you made a generalized theory and not that you were suspicious of zero, and then tried to make up a theory for it.

-snip to reduce length- 

@Bolded. I call bullshit. Highlighted below is why.

mantlepiecek said:
Final-Fan said:
mantlepiecek said:

The bolded isn't wrong imo at least.

DT said he is suspicious of zero - then zero said that at least one person amongst 4 who were pushing him were scum - then DT said that it is possible through statistics since there are 1 scum out of 4 players as a ratio - I asked does that work even if zero was scum? LIke he thought at the time - He said it is possible scum of opposite factions/3rd party serial killers may vote other parties since they try and get a mislynch - Said he didn't know how 3rd party players play since he has never been 3rd party so he maybe wrong.

This is in short why I think DT is scum. That is apart from what he said later on - he asked if I was on the second team.

-snip-

Why would he suspect zero is one and someone else is on another? He was using statistics, it was pure mathematics without inclusion of feelings about other players who were pushing for zero.

He said it is possible that someone is scum from the 4 who pushed zero - after saying he is suspicious of zero. To me that means he thought there are 2 scum teams before this. But how and why?

Him saying he doesn't know how 3rd party players play is really really weird in my eyes, since he did say that ninetails could be sk who changed his PM during day 1.

I specifically asked him how is it that he thinks a scum player will try and push suspicion on his teammate on day 1 - to which he replied it could be possible that there is 3 + 3 scum or an SK trying to mislynch. That is about as far-fetched as anything. He had obviously not thought much about it.

He then later said that 3 + 3 scum theory is just a theory. But why make that theory? And then to accept it as truth, and use it along with statistics for supporting zero's claim that there is one scum pushing for zero out of 4?

Nigh on every point is because of that. 

No. The last point is correct. You were asked what would be the case if zero were scum and I remember this conversation.

The first two were points I thought I was thinking. But they were incorrect, it was meant that even if zero was scum, one of the 4 who pushed for him would be scum.

You are forgetting the two in the top box as well. 5 points in your 7 paragraphs of accusatinos were revolved around me being suspicious of Zero. 

zero129 said:
Yoshiya said:
zero129 said:
Yoshiya said:
I have a helluva lot of posts to catch up on but I saw that 9TC claimed the day vig so;

Unvote: 9TC

I'll try and catch up sometime later, off to school now.

Wow, really wow.

After such a big deal being made out of me night posting last time when i was drunk how the hell could yoshia make the same mistake??.

How could it be no one has said anything about it?.

Could it be a scum Yoshia (I have already pointed out why he is one of my suspects earlier on day 1 but this just confirmes it for me imo)

could of seen how i was confirmed town by doing that last time? and thought it would also confirm him as town in this game as people wouldnt think mafia would do such a thing?.

its not like it was just posted as soon as we hit night time. He wasnt drinking etc etc imo this is a slip from him.

Ill be keeping my vote on yoshia as imo unless someone else comes along who i think is more scummy he is the best target.

Also Tabaha cos of what ninetails said.

Alot of people where very fast to jump on ninetails knowing well he had a town role as was pointed out by me and others

Anyway Yoshia good job of night posting and removing your vote on Ninetails in the same post just to make yourself look good and more town like, but imo this was your worse mistake.

I checked the end of the thread and saw a table from the co-mod listing the votes on people and a post by Spurge above it. I thought the Day was still happening. I totally accept I was in the wrong and have already told Pezus I will make a point of checking harder in the future. As to why this makes me scummy, I really don't see it...

You knew the day was over you made that post so you could make youself look more like town and remove your vote from 9tales also to make yourself look more town like.

Exactly when did you notice it was night time?

When I finally finished catching up on the thread, something which took me one hell of a long time to do. Also, HOW DOES POSTING AT NIGHT MAKE SOMEONE LOOK MORE TOWN?!

Yes, all those points basically revolve around me thinking you were suspicious of zero. That is the only thing I believe that I misremember.

DarkThanatos said:
mantlepiecek said:
Final-Fan said:

Buddying up to Zero is kind of a redundant exercise. His opinion does not carry much weight, and his vote isn't too important as the population is so big. "Zero was in no special danger"- remember my point about gullible town ready to jump on anything? Remember how that was shown with both 9TC and Tabaha? I think 4 votes is starting to live dangerously in those circumstances...

I said you were putting suspicion on my continually arguing bad points over again. - Distracting town from the real matter at hand. 

Zero had only one vote on him at the time from trucks.

mantlepiecek said:

Yes, all those points basically revolve around me thinking you were suspicious of zero. That is the only thing I believe that I misremember.

Thankyou. 

Considering that that was the vast majority of your content, I will consider the matter closed.