By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 50 - Superheroes & Villains

Day time investigator and vigilante that can act twice in a single day. I'm not at all protecting anyone here. It's just I can't bring myself to believe it. At all.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I just feel like this is a trap and way too convenient, prof. I hate being fooled.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

happydolphin said:
Final-Fan said:

As I recall, prof asked 9TC and only 9TC if he was the daykiller.  That question and its answer are the only reason people backed off of his lynch.  Are you suggesting having an outed dayvig is worse than having a lynched one?  That's silly. 

I have a town feel on you Happy, but IMO you're dead wrong here. 

P.S.  When did the bolded happen?  I don't remember prof accusing him of actively supporting the lynch, only standing by and doing nothing while it proceeded, and maybe implicitly approving it by saying it wasn't a bad idea. 

Yeah, I don't have the link off-hand, maybe someone else can supply, I'm on a netbook. Mantle then replied to that "You realize I never voted 9TC", or somethin around that line.

I'm not sure if outing him was a good idea. He was at L-3, many of us weren't voting him. It was all a little premature.

He had received 5 votes in a row. The day was winding down. People were getting restless.

Look, if you cannot make use of my years of experience when I tell you what is happening, you are only depriving yourself of understanding. His lynch was going to happen. Nobody cared. As restlessness sets in, people become complacent with the norm, and follow the leader. It was a done deal.

DarkThanatos said:

Finally- Notice how Prof will make several points at once afainst Mantle. Mantle will respond to 2/3 and ignore the rest because he knows he can't argue against it. 

Frankly, no, I haven't noticed that.  When they were doing the point-by-point thing, mantle's arguments may have been weak but he didn't skip anything he wanted to contest that I recall. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

hatmoza said:
I just feel like this is a trap and way too convenient, prof. I hate being fooled.

So do I. But this is a claim. We listen to tabaha and go from there.

Around the Network

I don't doubt that ninetails killed stefl, but I'm not sure what to make of the tabaha situation. If tabaha flips town, it means Ninetails is either mafia with a daykill ability, or more likely, a daytime serial killer. I don't know why a member of the mafia team would screw over his team by lying and calling someone scum day 1. I'd say serial killer is more likely because ninetails doesn't seem to care much that he told everyone his role. I'm assuming if he's lying we'll just lynch him day 2 anyways...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
hatmoza said:
Day time investigator and vigilante that can act twice in a single day. I'm not at all protecting anyone here. It's just I can't bring myself to believe it. At all.

It does kind of make sense that he daykilled first, when he has unlimited use of which, then he used his single investigate to redeem himself based on the reads he got after the death. I think it makes sense.

ninetailschris said:
TruckOSaurus said:
ninetailschris said:

Basically I can investigate one time and only during the day.

basically role tells me what party the person is from.

it came up mafia on him and when I said this he was quick to label me mafia for no good reason.

He out of no were acted like he wasn't bored anymore and got involved finally I think this proved a knee-jerk reaction he is clearly mafia. The evidence says so.

Before I put some trust in what you say, why did you shoot someone in the dark (Stefl) when you could have scanned him first to see if you were right?

I tried to get two birds with one stone.

kill mafia by day and investigate and lynch another.

backfired and lead to my biggest fail.

This does fit with the overconfidence you've shown so far but something does click with me yet.

When approximately did you get your investigation result? Why did you vote but then unvote tabaha? Why would you unvote someone you got a guilty scan on?

Signature goes here!

How about this, we lynch 9tails. If he's what he said he was, we lynch tabaha.

I would feel a lot more comfortable. I know this goes against the claimed cop. But I just don't believe him. If he was lying, we beat him at his own game.

A Bad Clown said:

I don't doubt that ninetails killed stefl, but I'm not sure what to make of the tabaha situation. If tabaha flips town, it means Ninetails is either mafia with a daykill ability, or more likely, a daytime serial killer. I don't know why a member of the mafia team would screw over his team by lying and calling someone scum day 1. I'd say serial killer is more likely because ninetails doesn't seem to care much that he told everyone his role. I'm assuming if he's lying we'll just lynch him day 2 anyways...

Or he could just be a scum who is sacrificing another scum to appear truthful.