By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Profound Effect of SSBB on the Furure of the Wii

(was my subject title over the top or what ; p) 

I believe that 3 games will contribute greatly from SSBB's release.

MP 3, Zelda:TP, and SMG

SSBB will be the first Must have for Core gamers(some may say it was SMG, it is debatable)

Nintendo will get a nice little stock pile ready for the launch of SSBB becuase they know that this game will be bring gamers into the fray, and gamers generally buy more games than casuals do. The way they will achieve this is by alocation of stock from other territories(redirection might be a better word). This would explain the delay, and the spacing between launches(it take about 3 week for ships to arrive). Harware sales in others will go flat from mid Febuary until the launch of SSBB(or longer if SSBB is an amazing hardware pusher). Japan is very close to the source of where the Wiis are made so Nintendo can redirect console much quicker to them, than to NA, and even slower for others. We will not see a release date for other until nintendo know how many consoles NA is going to need, which could be over a month after its release. I am sad to say this but if SSBB explodes in NA, Europe will be lucky to get it by the end of the summer.

To summerize my first point: Nintendo know that SSBB is the most core centric game yet for the Wii that has massive appeal... they know many core gamers, and regular gamers are waiting on this game. They know that those gamers are the ones who lead to more sales per console so they are gonna make sure they are more availible for SSBB launch. This all make a ton of sense when you think about it. That is why it was such a no brainer to move SSBB until after Cmas. The second delay is because Cmas had such a devastating effect of the Wiis supply chain(which like I pointed out does not effect Japan as much thus the only 1 week delay) The delays are all about Nintendo knowing this is their best chance to bring hordes of gamers onto the Wii, and they do not want another missed oportunity.

I think that the three games I mentioned will get a decent - great boost in sales because of the multiplayer nature of SSBB, people who dropped 250 bucks on a Wii are going to want so single player games also. The 3 I mentioned are the likely candidates. I think it will be more than Halo was for 360 because the 360 already had a great collection of "gamer" games, Halo just brough the Halo fans. I am not going to throw and number out there because I have nothing to base exact number on. But I can say that almost every person who buys a Wii for SSBB will want more than just SSBB... SMG, MP3 and Zelda and the best "gamer" games on on the Wii.

SPM, RE4, RE:UC, NMH, hopefully Zac and Wiki and maybe a few more games are likely to get a nice kick in the pants also.

Games that will be canibolized by SSBB include MP 8, RRR 1 & 2, well we'll just say casual games in general will get less of a boost.

I think it may be a slightly delayed boost. We shall see if this happens in Japan. SMG might really be helped by SSBB there where the lack of many core gamers at all on the Wii was hurting SMG alot.

note- I accidentally posted this on the sales forum.... didn't catch it right away

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.