By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

Linkzmax said:
SK is third-party, but third-party means many things beyond SK. As I said, there's been two examples of non-SK third-party that can kill in the last 10 games or so. Unlikely in this game yes, but nothing confirms they're impossible. And the existence of "harmless" third-party like a Survivor is definitely not ruled out.

I have not played in the last 10 games or so :P Also survivor? I'm guessing that's just a player who isn't town but wins by staying alive at the end?

i haven't heard therefore thought of that :/ The point still stands about the PM, but that point is a lot weaker now I think about a third party without an anti-town play. 

Surely having a survivor with a win condition of stay alive (I'm presuming as I haven't looked it up in the interests of time) would mean that the towns actual win condition would change to "when all non-town are dead" because the survivor would take dominance over town? 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Around the Network
Yoshiya said:
Anyone else notice that DT only started using this thing about anyone being able to work out there was no SK after I explained what it was and since then he has been bringing it up a lot?

Of course i only said it after you made your post. I said it in response to Stefl giving you and tabaha trust from it, because I don't think it warrants it. You have only played one game more then me, and have only had one confirmed town PM from your first game. You should have a pretty similar level of background on what PMs do and donot say as me, so I'm judging you by the rules I'd judge myself- which is that it is easy to make a fair guess on what the PM stated. 

After that I have literally only brought it up when I have been questioned. So what's your point?

Also- I'm signing off now, I won't be able to check the thread til late tomorrow GMT time. I have flying lessons. Yoshiya can confirm in case you think it is a convienient excuse to not post :P

DarkThanatos said:
Linkzmax said:
SK is third-party, but third-party means many things beyond SK. As I said, there's been two examples of non-SK third-party that can kill in the last 10 games or so. Unlikely in this game yes, but nothing confirms they're impossible. And the existence of "harmless" third-party like a Survivor is definitely not ruled out.

I have not played in the last 10 games or so :P Also survivor? I'm guessing that's just a player who isn't town but wins by staying alive at the end?

i haven't heard therefore thought of that :/ The point still stands about the PM, but that point is a lot weaker now I think about a third party without an anti-town play. 

Surely having a survivor with a win condition of stay alive (I'm presuming as I haven't looked it up in the interests of time) would mean that the towns actual win condition would change to "when all non-town are dead" because the survivor would take dominance over town? 

I realize you haven't. But you are playing in this game, and I mentioned those examples in this game.

A survivor typically wins alongside another faction when they meet their win condition.

OK, DT. I didn't realize (or perhaps forgot) that entire thing was just a way of saying spurge's saying we should listen to pezus's suspicions of you (but not him) was dumb. I think that the point could have been made better but I'm certainly not going to hold that against you.

Unvote DarkThanatos Not that you're clear with me, but I can't really I have a prime suspect anymore (you).

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Zero129 will be replacing man-bear-pig.

Signature goes here!

Hooray!

DarkThanatos said:
Yoshiya said:
Anyone else notice that DT only started using this thing about anyone being able to work out there was no SK after I explained what it was and since then he has been bringing it up a lot?

Of course i only said it after you made your post. I said it in response to Stefl giving you and tabaha trust from it, because I don't think it warrants it. You have only played one game more then me, and have only had one confirmed town PM from your first game. You should have a pretty similar level of background on what PMs do and donot say as me, so I'm judging you by the rules I'd judge myself- which is that it is easy to make a fair guess on what the PM stated. 

After that I have literally only brought it up when I have been questioned. So what's your point?

@bold And yet you never really questioned Rol when he said Stefl was confirmed town and then waited until someone outright explained why Rol was saying people like Stefl were confirmed town and decided to refute the trust on him instead?

My point is the fact that you are trying to refute the fact that this win condition can give trust towards people (note how Stefl hasn't even said that I am confirmed town, just that he trusts me more than he did before) and thus give scum a chance to hide by saying that they didn't mention anything because it was really easy to guess. Also, as to this idea of it being really "easy to guess", it took me some time to work out what the hell Rol was going on about and I'd seen the PM from the beginning.

I'm not liking your playstyle this game DT. You seem to be hurting town more than helping them and twice now you have been incredibly scared of being lynched despite only a maximum of two votes being placed on you at once. If you were really confident in your position of town then why would you be so scared? You also keep asking about this interaction with me and Stefl as if you have forgotten but seeing as that was when the argument about win conditions being easy to guess I don't know how you could have forgotten this already >.>

Oh, and one more thing, you never did link us to that post of linkz both me and Stefl asked you for.

Vote:DarkThanatos

what a lack of activity....

VOTALS

L-5
L-4
L-3
L-2
L-1
Lynch
Yoshiya

Linkzmax DarkThanatos

Smeags spurgeonryan          
DarkThanatos Stefl1504 Yoshiya        

Vote history (for player)

Yoshiya: spurgeonryan
Linkzmax: RolStoppable, DarkThanatos
Smeags: spurgeonryan
DarkThanatos: Stefl1504, Final-Fan, Yoshiya

Vote history (by player)

spurgeonryan: Yoshiya, Smeags
RolStoppable: Linkzmax
DarkThanatos: Linkzmax
Stefl1504: DarkThanatos
Final-Fan: DarkThanatos
Yoshiya: DarkThanatos

NOTE: If activity doesn't pick up significantly on Monday, I'll issue a timelimit (something like Tuesday at 9PM EDT)

Signature goes here!