By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

DarkThanatos said:
Ok, can those that have voted me give a reason why they think I'm scum? The only person to do so has been Stefl, and even he said that it was "hardly a scumtell" for some of his reasons, and the others are because i didn't respond to his post, which i have subsequently done. I'm still confused as to which Yoshiya interaction he is referring to though.

MBP should be modkilled.
And Truck can you explain whether or not it was me or Mario who hammered him? Or at least explain what happened there.

You make it seem like you have a lot of unexplained votes on you. FF is the only one besides Stefl who's voted you.

You, Rol, and anyone else interested should just read the end of Day 2 again, jeez.

Also, you should respond to http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4838872

Around the Network

I won't be an "eager beaver" again, but FF you should read the last 150 posts or so while you wait for a response from DT.

Final-Fan said:
So DarkT, why did you make that post with horrible logic to spurge saying basically "if you think pezus was town then shouldn't we lynch you because he suspected you?"

Ahem, should have been "if you think we should trust that pezus's opinions were sincere" (as opposed to correct).  Pezus is obviously both town and dead.  Is that what you meant? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

About the votes, I'll only say this: There is no error in the final votals for Day Two or the votes registered on the OP.

Also, I've sent a message to zero129 to see if he'll take over for MBP. If he doesn't, MBP will be modkilled.

Signature goes here!

But anyway, fine. I admit I don't have a fabulous case against DT, but he's my top suspect. Other than MIA MBP.

I'm still not unvoting yet because unless a whole buncha people pile onto the lynch suddenly he's not in danger, and if that happens, well I think town will have a pretty good lead on some people.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
So DarkT, why did you make that post with horrible logic to spurge saying basically "if you think pezus was town then shouldn't we lynch you because he suspected you?"

I made it to make a point against Spurge. It appeared to me like he was using it as his main reason for casting suspicion on me, and I was pointing out that if I was to follow the same logic- it would lead me to voting for him. Notice how I didn't vote for him. My point was to show how terrible his logic was by using the same thing against him. I wasn't using it to persuade people to vote for him. 

spurgeonryan said:
I say we should seriously look at thanatos as well. Remember pezus!

I really do not see what you guys see in linkz. Why are more people not asking about man bear? Instead you are fosing and voting linkz?

^Only reason given was Pezus. Then after I raise my eyebrows at that, he jumped on the point. 

@ Linkz. 

"You too eh? How was I responding to Rol rather than spurge? Do I answer what the probability of a SK existing in this game is? Does my post have nothing to do with spurge's: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4832962 ?

The win condition only mentions mafia, and doesn't say that there is no third-party, so in your words how was I wrong?"

I think you are addressing Spurge's point about SK's in the last game. But by saying I can't rule out third party, you counter-acted Rol's post. IMO I thought that the win condition rules out a third party, because I don't see a situation where a SK (not aligned with town, therefore anti-town) could win with town. Although I can't say to know for certain that couldn't be the case due to my lack of game experience- my own thoughts make me belive that is the case. So I think you were wrong because i think the PM probably does rule out third party. 

If we lynch/ mafia nightkill  a third party, then this point will be invalid and I won't count that against you. Until that happens I have to treat you with some suspicion because of it. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

SK is third-party, but third-party means many things beyond SK. As I said, there's been two examples of non-SK third-party that can kill in the last 10 games or so. Unlikely in this game yes, but nothing confirms they're impossible. And the existence of "harmless" third-party like a Survivor is definitely not ruled out.

Anyone else notice that DT only started using this thing about anyone being able to work out there was no SK after I explained what it was and since then he has been bringing it up a lot?

He said anyone could work it out due to my post and Rol's reaction to it, but as I pointed out in http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4837018 it's by no means easy. What Rol alluded to and then you said would most likely only be known if it were given to you thought the role PM or Trucks letting you know what Town's wincon is.

In his defence though, he's been questioned on it a lot; thus, he's speaking about it often.

Spurge, that isn't what is being said. But whether there is a third-party or not isn't a concern, mafia must go.