By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

Stefl1504 said:
I believe both tabaha and yoshiya have got it.

Well now to my opinion, while it sure is a sign for the towniness I remember linkz and trucks talking about that mafia always should have at least the same additional information at the start of a game (this can be asured by giving them a raw-RM)

Anyway, while I do not fully trust people who actually where able to point it out, it at least seems that this is a town tell. The fact that yoshi and tabaha were able to point it out means either that scum has the PM and both/one of them was coached and mario only tried to lay out a neat trap yesterday. Scum has the PM and both aren't scum and mario layed out a neat trap. Or Scum hasn't got the PM. For now I will assume they don't have it.

Indeed we did "In my game I shall give out the Vanilla Townie PM in to OP."

So here I was ready to laugh at you all and figure out who was trying to be opportunistic about my lycnh,(certainly Rol) but lo and behold Trucks didn't actually make good on his promise. In light of that, it definitely is a good sign that Rol, yoshi, and tabaha are town.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Let's recap what we know. Stefl is the town tracker, so that's one confirmed townie. I posted something important during the unofficial twilight of Day 2 which was quoted by nacho within ten minutes:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4834196

This to me confirmed that he is town, because he responded so fast. It's a moot point though, because he is dead now. However, my post confirms me as town, because I knew the town's win condition and was the first person to bring it up. So that's two confirmed townies who are still alive. Here's the post of linkz which he wrote in response to the probability of a serial killer being in this game:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4833041

With this he confirmed himself as mafioso. It was dumb luck, but hey, the town should take whatever it can get.

Vote: linkz

My post was a response to spurge's:

spurgeonryan said:
Have we even had any third party players in the last few games? Iif we do I doubt it is anything serious unless trucks added a S.K to go with the theme.

Because I thought your meta-gaming question to be pointless given what I assumed was known to everyone. Since I was denied my laughs, I'd like to hear your logic as to why I'm a confirmed mafioso now.

Spurge, you called me strange. So I'm not your buddy, guy!

I know you didn't. I was just making a south park reference. Now that I made my points on the filth, I'm going to go back and quote posts of the day that peaked my interest.

Smeags said:
spurgeonryan said:
And you have had the same play style of doing nothing back then as you do now? By the way did you see what yoshi said before you just happened to leave him off your list. Pulling a Mario smeagsy? Not Doctor Mario.

Oh ho ho! Someone's angry I put him on the list! *toothy grin*

It's not my fault you voted for poor Pezus... right now you have a 25% chance of being scum. The odds are still in your favor, so don't worry too much.

I suppose the 25% comes from

Smeags said:

SpurgeonRyan
RolStoppable
ManBearPig
LinkzMax

What makes you say there's only one?

Around the Network

...A dumb move how?

You're talking in circles. What about the post draws suspicion to me?

DarkThanatos said:
I'm betting that the scum lie with the people that Mario didn't accuse of being scum in his last flail for a couple of reasons. Firstly, he wouldn't name more then one of his scum buddies, incase he recovered from the lynch. Secondly, he left some pretty big town suspicious scum names off the list- namely Spurge and Rol.
Thirdly, Nacho said not to analyse the names he gave, which to me implies to analyse the ones he didnt. He got killed. Why would scum kill such a suspicious town player, unless they were onto something?

Final point. I think one of Spurge or Rol is scum. But not both, Spurge's immediate suspicion onto Rol after Yoshi convinces me of that.

While it is possible Nacho was onto something, the only way Mario could have survived long had he recovered from the lynch is if mafia actually has a Role Cop on their side. So he could also have been killed because he was scanned Night 1.

RolStoppable said:
Linkzmax said:
You're talking in circles. What about the post draws suspicion to me?

You not knowing town's win condition.

I don't?(or didn't?) Where's the contradiction?

tabaha said:

So, obvious thing to do first is check everyone mario listed as scum. Thanatos, Linkz, Smeags and me.

Regarding me, I'm pretty sure I'm not scum.

For Thanatos, the way mario listed him here makes me think he's not. Why didn't he list them with the other 3? Might as well be a trick to avoid suspicions on Thanatos. I need to think a bit about this one.

For Linkz, looks like he did the last vote for mario's lynch. Was it to avoid mario revealing important stuff unintentionally?

For Smeags it starts be interesting. He did vote for No Lynch in day 1, just as mario did.

It certainly wasn't because I told spurge I could confirm that he'd have been lynched Day 1 had I wanted him to be. No, not that. As Stefl said, once Mario definitely knew his goose was cooked, everything spewing from his mouth was WIFOM. We'd be better off trying to analyse his Day 1 posts, but even still, mafia deceive whenever they can.