By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

For example, you say: SM128 says he trusts stefl, and we know this is bullshit because stefl says sm128 is scum, which sm128 (wasn't at the time) agreeing with.

But of course sm128 likely meant he trusted that stefl was town and telling the truth, not that stefl's inferences were infallible (what he deduced without exactly knowing, based on what he did know from his tracking).

So your argument was dumb. So dumb that I'm not totally sure you were serious with it. Only it seems you went on in this line of thought for multiple posts so you probably were serious. This is such a weaksauce argument that if (more like when, considering his last post) he does flip mafia I'll be looking at you for possibly bussing your doomed scumbuddy. But I'll certainly entertain arguments to the contrary.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:
Final-Fan said:
tabaha's got some really bad logic going on here IMO but nothing could sway me from voting SM128 at this point. But it is something to keep in mind for tomorrow.

Tell you what, mario, if you flip town then we'll work on your list.

Vote supermario128

really? biggest hole i could find is if Stefl is not teling the truth, but again, mario said he trusted stefl and

tabaha, I'll try to explain the tracker role to you - you target a person at night and see who the person targeted.

I do not get a coplike (guilty/innocent) result, I only know the fact that he visited prof, who died and this makes mario very likely scum.

Oh I see. And now this question: How likely is it to mario not being the only one visiting prof? Probably near zero.

@Final-Fan I made some mistakes due to not having enough knowledge but mario ended up shooting himself

tabaha said:

It's true that when i wrote that I did'nt read with attention his posts. I think I have explained that my memory is bad somewhere in some post, but that doesn't really matter for now. Also, last time I checked i didn't have only one reason to suspect DT. And I went and read the posts again, and then i found this: (post here)

"I got a town read from your responses to Pezus  and your accusations at him- if now with hindsight, misplaced."

Was it really misplaced or just according to the plan? Also feels way to much well worded.

Right, so now my reason for being scum is because i have good syntax and grammar? 

I understand that you aren't a first language english speaker (i think??) But seriously. What!?

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

supermario128 said:
You people need to listen to me when I say that Thanatos is scum. Along with him Linkz, Smeags, and Tabaha. Lynch these 4 and I guarantee we will win.

Thanatos and Linkz both had weird votes/unvotes towards the end of day 1 that I can only see scum doing. Smeags has been acting like his scum self as well. He isn't talking anything seriously just like his first game as scum. Tabaha I am also pretty sure about, but nothing concrete besides going after little things that don't matter.

Well, I'm not scum, and whenever i enevitably get lynched or killed you'll all see that. 

On that list Linkz is the only player that I think could be scum, and thats mainly because treating him as town can be a fatal mistake- he is too good a player to fully trust him. (Though that Pezus vote has me curious). 

Smeags just hasn't voted much content, but he rarely does. Either way he is definately not high up my scum list. 

and tabaha's arguments are just laughable. The only vaguely scummy thing about him is his poor arguments (mainly against me by not reading my posts properly/at all, yet still making accusations). 

The thing about this list which disturbs me the most is the complete lack of mention Nacho, Spurge or Rol gets. Most people have at least one of them on their list and you dont have any?! Even if you flip town, I still wouldn't trust this list because it isn't inclusive, and just grabbed on the suspicions of people posting while you were dying. It just seems like  a desperate attempt to de-rail your lynch. You even admitted yourself you were desperate. 

Finally, just in case Mario's own vote doesn't count, or someone is silenced.

Vote Mario

My money is you'll flip scum and we can begin to investigate who you left out of your scumlist..

Around the Network

Retaggin

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

DarkThanatos said:
My money is you'll flip scum and we can begin to investigate who you left out of your scumlist..

A good scum wouldn't just list townies as they die. You know they are not trustworthy the moment they flip but you can't just take that to mean that everyone on their list is effectively confirmed town. Also, your reasoning as to why his list is bad is terrible. Just because he doesn't have the people you think are in the highlight doesn't mean that his list is bad, it just means he has seen different things to everyone else. I'm only bringing this up because I don't want you to go off on chasing people have different ideas to the rest of the people in the game, that gets town killed late game.

Also, before you die can you explain why your list is what it is Mario? If you have already done this can you link me to the post in which you did so.

His list is a bunch of scum flailing; it's not really worth analyzing right now. We have plenty to go off of with how people acted to worry much about that.

I know my arguments aren't good. I know it already, but I think I was somehow right. I was analysing and making a theory based almost only on what mario wrote. And somehow I think I made him commit some mistakes. Even if my arguments were stupid they applied enough pressure on him. I have no regrets on thias

RolStoppable said:
I believe stefl is a tracker like he says, because it wouldn't make much sense for scum to go for a 1 for 1 trade this early in the game. Mario claiming to be a role cop in a game between town and mafia makes it pretty likely that mario is mafia.

And yes, there is no third party in this game. This is something the town knows about, because the host has been sloppy. Mario left the door open for a third party being in this game, that's because he doesn't know what the town knows. On the same note, linkz didn't know it either. On page 11 (at 50 posts per page) he said that it's too soon to make a definitive call that there is no serial killer in this game. This can only come from a mafioso.

Good catch. Although third parties in general are not completely out of the question, we just know that we can win with them if they exist.