By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

RolStoppable said:

Smeags reminds me a lot of his newb scum play and I am already tempted to vote him.

Are there any similarities offhand that you can pinpoint?

Around the Network

Linkzmax said:

Why didn't you vote No Lynch though? And I believe prof only unvoted due to my vote, so pezus would still be silently trying to eat our brains.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't like voting no lynch. Even if a town is lunched, while clearly not high up the preferable outcomes, it still releases information to the rest of the players. Which helps build up better scumlists and suspects (hopefully). A no lynch just allows scum a night kill to go one up. So the information released is controlled by mafia. 

Whilst typing this I appreciate that a no lynch is sometimes a valid play- night 1? Not really that I can see.

also if I recall 

Linkzmax said:

Ninja'd.. well there's not going to be a no lynch.

Vote: pezus

You don't like no lynches either :P 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

^*but night one?

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

We had daytalk last round, and it's been fairly common since I introduced it. I wouldn't say it's certain, but I won't write it off either. In the grand scheme of things it's no matter if we can't find scum.

spurge, why do you think I'm town now? Your one post makes it seem like you think so despite my vote on pezus, whereas your replies to tabaha make it seem like that is the reason why.

DarkThanatos said:

Linkzmax said:

Why didn't you vote No Lynch though? And I believe prof only unvoted due to my vote, so pezus would still be silently trying to eat our brains.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't like voting no lynch. Even if a town is lunched, while clearly not high up the preferable outcomes, it still releases information to the rest of the players. Which helps build up better scumlists and suspects (hopefully). A no lynch just allows scum a night kill to go one up. So the information released is controlled by mafia. 

Whilst typing this I appreciate that a no lynch is sometimes a valid play- night 1? Not really that I can see.

also if I recall 

Linkzmax said:

Ninja'd.. well there's not going to be a no lynch.

Vote: pezus

You don't like no lynches either :P 

Yes, I don't most of the time, though many do think Day One is the most acceptable time to do so.(Or at MYLO) I do recall now that you took a stance on No Lynches last round, but then again you were scum there.

But you are betraying your own words now. By not voting pezus so that he might convince someone to unvote, there could have been a no lynch anyway. The fact is you didn't place a vote down to try and get information, even if it was just a vote for Nacho who was unlikely to actually be lynched.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
tabaha said:
As of now I suspect [...] DT because of what I said in the post before and because apparently he unvoted from pezus but didn't vote anyone nor no-lynch (according to the votals). I would like an explanation for this (I may have missed it).

FoS tabaha.  I mean honestly, DT expained this ten times already, it's pretty bad if anyone doesn't know his response by now.  If you think he's scum anyway that's fine, but we KNOW his reposnce.  

It's true that when i wrote that I did'nt read with attention his posts. I think I have explained that my memory is bad somewhere in some post, but that doesn't really matter for now. Also, last time I checked i didn't have only one reason to suspect DT. And I went and read the posts again, and then i found this: (post here)

"I got a town read from your responses to Pezus  and your accusations at him- if now with hindsight, misplaced."

Was it really misplaced or just according to the plan? Also feels way to much well worded.

And now regarding you, FoS on me just because of that? Doesn't feel natural and doesn't really feel townie. inb4 you're partner with DT. It wouldn't suprise me, but I hope it isn't that way

RolStoppable said:
@linkz

It's smeags's lack of actual contribution to the game. When the game started he informed us that he won't be ready to play properly before Monday. But by now he should have caught up on all the Day 1 events, yet most (if not all) he posted was either role-playing or fooling around. He has yet to give me the impression that he cares about the Day game which mimicks his performance of round 41 (I think... well, it was the game hosted by hatmoza).

Yes, it was 41. I'm going to skim it later. I know he RPed a lot in GoT and last round though and was town both times. I think he did offer a decent amount of content those times though, and I would agree that so far he hasn't this round. I can excuse Day One, but yes he should have said something by now.

@spurge:
Yes. I noticed you kept tagging for your forum buddy. =P

Anyway, I understand your point. It was the context in which you put it in that was confusing.

So before I post something else, sm128 what did you do at profs place last night

Also

Vote: Supermario128

Vote: Supermario128

Stefl, are you a watcher?