By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

prof, who's your number one suspect?

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
I am uncomfortably agreeing with sm128 that lurking prof ≡ scum
Supermario, why do you have spurge on your "Slight" town reads list?

Indeed. Everyone should agree with my point. Like I said before. Scum Prof will lurk early and then become more involved later on to try and dictate play. Although he has become more active after me, pezus, and you brought it up. That could be because we were right and he had to do something about it, or because he truly was busy. At any rate, we need to give him more time.

I sort of explained this already, but it is hard to explain "feelings" you have on players. Sometimes you don't have any hard evidence, but can still have an opinion on someone. If that makes any sense.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Linkzmax said:
I thought it was weak compared to other points made. Also, I though it may have actually been mentioned before Nacho actually voiced the read, so yes I wanted to check the validity. If it turned out true it still would have been a minor point to me, as smeags taught me a lesson last round.

Why would you bother yourself in checking something you consider a weak argument?

In the mindset, I can see you reading it and saying "that's kind of a weak point, it was probably even mentioned somewhere earlier" and then checking the signups. But the problem I have with that is why would you answer the question for him, unless not only are you not willing to lynch a "newcomer" first day, but more importantly you don't consider him scum at all.

But if that's true, then why do you acknowledge other evidence against him?

Or maybe you're suspecting me, and using your counter-post as evidence? I'd be disappointed if you think you're on the right path there.

^Untrue. prof has lurked as town too. His activity level is not a reliable tell.

Linkzmax said:
prof, who's your number one suspect?

I'll give you three in order of suspicion.

Pezus, spurge, nacho

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
Stefl1504 said:
I am uncomfortably agreeing with sm128 that lurking prof ≡ scum
Supermario, why do you have spurge on your "Slight" town reads list?

Indeed. Everyone should agree with my point. Like I said before. Scum Prof will lurk early and then become more involved later on to try and dictate play. Although he has become more active after me, pezus, and you brought it up. That could be because we were right and he had to do something about it, or because he truly was busy. At any rate, we need to give him more time.

I sort of explained this already, but it is hard to explain "feelings" you have on players. Sometimes you don't have any hard evidence, but can still have an opinion on someone. If that makes any sense.

Self-fulfilling prophecy :/

It's been what? 30 hours? The last post of page 1, 100 posts in, was 23 hours ago.

EBWOP:
Actually meant to bold the sentence previous "scum prof will lurk and then increase activity". That combined with the next sentence is self sulfilling prophecy.

theprof00 said:

It's been what? 30 hours? The last post of page 1, 100 posts in, was 23 hours ago.

Well, like I said, it is too early to conclude anything since you could have genuinely been busy.

@Linkz
I don't remember him ever lurking as town.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
I thought it was weak compared to other points made. Also, I though it may have actually been mentioned before Nacho actually voiced the read, so yes I wanted to check the validity. If it turned out true it still would have been a minor point to me, as smeags taught me a lesson last round.

Why would you bother yourself in checking something you consider a weak argument?

In the mindset, I can see you reading it and saying "that's kind of a weak point, it was probably even mentioned somewhere earlier" and then checking the signups. But the problem I have with that is why would you answer the question for him, unless not only are you not willing to lynch a "newcomer" first day, but more importantly you don't consider him scum at all.

But if that's true, then why do you acknowledge other evidence against him?

Or maybe you're suspecting me, and using your counter-post as evidence? I'd be disappointed if you think you're on the right path there.

Because if it's valid than there's no harm done in you pointing it out. If untrue, then I wonder if it's something you forgot/missed or if you have an ulterior motive.

I did consider him more likely to be scum than town due to that 3xTown post, but now I have the feeling you've been pushing the points I've brought up to reinforce my suspicion:

Linkzmax said:
Nachomamma8 said:
RolStoppable is town, pezus is probably town, tabaha is town. Manbear and Spur will be hard reads for me because they troll a shitton, so we'll have to wait for those reads.
Voting for a time limit is a bad idea; there is no reason why we should not be able to come to a conclusion within a decent amount of time without one. The only benefit it offers is polarizing the town quicker, but then it's probably going to end up being a bad decision and no one wants that.

Vote: Yoshiya

You've since explained why you say pezus is town. But what's your reasoning on Rol and tabaha?

theprof00 said:
I dont like how he named so many, rol pezus and tabby. I mean, i agree, but something about it strikes me as odd. It comes across as someone who doesnt respect their own assumptions (as town)
Seems like a throwaway post.

I think, "why write that". A he wants to impress on his first post B its a throwaway.

And

Linkzmax said:

Nachomamma8 said:

Someone asked me to explain my other two town reads, I won't if you agree with me. If people are looking to push a case on someone, then sure I will explain but otherwise nope nope.

I asked you to explain your reads on Rol and tabaha, because at that point I would not have made such definitive calls. Tabaha had barely said anything at that point, and I've seen Rol's ability to blend in when scum.(albeit as third party) So I'm curious if you're town with actual reasons, town just trying to get reactions, or simply scum, in which case there are many possibilities for such statements.

theprof00 said:

Like I said, it's either he's (as town) trying to be impressive by coming to accurate conclusions very quickly, or he's trying to get reads (which is interesting that he says me questioning him gives him a town vibe)....OR
He's scum trying to make friends/seem important to keep around

So yes Nacho ranks pretty high on my list, but I'm wary about you now.

As for your list, I'm pretty neutral on pezus, but spurge tops mine.

supermario128 said:
theprof00 said:

Well, like I said, it is too early to conclude anything since you could have genuinely been busy.

@Linkz
I don't remember him ever lurking as town.

I'm fairly certain he was town and quite inactive in the early Days of one round and even got called out on it, but that was quite a while ago.