By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 47 - HalloweenVille

pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
Show evidence of me attacking first plezbian.

@ nacho

When has he scumhunted? With his hatmoza trick? That is just for newcomers.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4525350

This is what a quick google search showed me. I also remember reading your QT and you were always suggesting me as the kill. 

Gotta say, this is a pretty poor example.
That game he first went after happy D with a side of Rol, even though you antagonized him.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:
Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:
Final-Fan said:
tabaha said:

Yeah. And i know it is a weak reason. Oh and besides them man-bear-pig also got my attention. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4828292 is a way of denying that probably no townie would think of. At least i wouldn't

I don't know how you could peg that way of avoiding the question as non-town.  I see no reason anyone would be more likely to make that particular joke as scum.  explain plz

Is it true that you asked me to explain it? oh god the hassle. In my opinion, only scum would need/try to avoid it in such a not normal way.

Could you elaborate why this is your opinion?

because i would do it if i was mafia

Okay, the problem here is that, while townies shouldn't avoid question like that, they do, also, I do not think you would be a good scum then ( ¬‿¬)

Sorry that I never played as scum

theprof00 said:
Stefl1504 said:
theprof00 said:
~quote~

You're basically just repeating what I've been saying. The game is only a day old.

And that is why I said that I don't agree on people calling you out (and I repeated the fact about how long this game is going with other words). But you are trying to neglect the fact that in the past you did lurk when scum. Anyway the basic logical fallacy here by the players who called you out so far is that they behave (at least from my point of view) as if it were a fact that if you do not lurk it autotowns you.

Actually the basic logical fallacy here is that pezus said I lurk as scum

"What happened last time you were at some tournament/convention? Yes, it is that easy"

and called me scum in the game of thrones game

"You were a third party scum that needed to die."

despite the fact that I was the most active poster that game.

Well, your post doesn't contribute much to a town picture of you if you hail your glorious scum actions as contributive to town. You don't need to play into pezus' hands, regardless if he failed with the attempt to validify his "prof is scum" claim.

The best way to do it is just post, because then he can't call you out for lurking and his claim is worthless anyway, and you are a better asset to town.

Also regarding your earlier reasoning as to why you might lurk, people never listen to the dead, otherwise the MLP round might have ended up better (means zero would've got lynched and town would've won), but these are things of the past and you have to make the best of this game, and not whine about past games and how much town sucked there.

tabaha said:
Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:
Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:

Is it true that you asked me to explain it? oh god the hassle. In my opinion, only scum would need/try to avoid it in such a not normal way.

Okay, the problem here is that, while townies shouldn't avoid question like that, they do, also, I do not think you would be a good scum then ( ¬‿¬)

So you say you are playing as scum now ( ¬‿¬)

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
Nachomamma8 said:

(...) Pezus is town mostly due to tone, he's actively scumhunting and not behaving at all how I would expect someone who drew scum for the first time to play. (...)

Nacho claims pezus is "most likely" town in a previous post, then saying bolded, yet when he first calls pezus town, nobody had even mentioned that pezus had never been mafia before, it was only AFTER his post that spurge made that point.

EDIT: sorry, needed to bold the sentence.

So what do you conclude from this? I've already made up my mind about it.

It's been my opinion from my first post, iirc, that nacho is suspicious. I didn't like his "list of town players", and his calling spurge and manbear hard reads.

Like I said, it's either he's (as town) trying to be impressive by coming to accurate conclusions very quickly, or he's trying to get reads (which is interesting that he says me questioning him gives him a town vibe)....OR
He's scum trying to make friends/seem important to keep around

The scum scenario appears to be the most fitting, as I don't believe he was trying to get reactions- this is based on his defensiveness to people questioning his conclusions; ie, actually using quotes to give foundation to his arguments where the posts he uses are, at best, superficial.

Around the Network
tabaha said:
Final-Fan said:
tabaha said:

Yeah. And i know it is a weak reason. Oh and besides them man-bear-pig also got my attention. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4828292 is a way of denying that probably no townie would think of. At least i wouldn't

I don't know how you could peg that way of avoiding the question as non-town.  I see no reason anyone would be more likely to make that particular joke as scum.  explain plz

In addition to what Stefl said, I don't think you've been paying attention to MBP's style.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Stefl1504 said:
theprof00 said:
Stefl1504 said:
theprof00 said:
~quote~

You're basically just repeating what I've been saying. The game is only a day old.

And that is why I said that I don't agree on people calling you out (and I repeated the fact about how long this game is going with other words). But you are trying to neglect the fact that in the past you did lurk when scum. Anyway the basic logical fallacy here by the players who called you out so far is that they behave (at least from my point of view) as if it were a fact that if you do not lurk it autotowns you.

Actually the basic logical fallacy here is that pezus said I lurk as scum

"What happened last time you were at some tournament/convention? Yes, it is that easy"

and called me scum in the game of thrones game

"You were a third party scum that needed to die."

despite the fact that I was the most active poster that game.

Well, your post doesn't contribute much to a town picture of you if you hail your glorious scum actions as contributive to town. You don't need to play into pezus' hands, regardless if he failed with the attempt to validify his "prof is scum" claim.

The best way to do it is just post, because then he can't call you out for lurking and his claim is worthless anyway, and you are a better asset to town.

Also regarding your earlier reasoning as to why you might lurk, people never listen to the dead, otherwise the MLP round might have ended up better (means zero would've got lynched and town would've won), but these are things of the past and you have to make the best of this game, and not whine about past games and how much town sucked there.

You are not following the discussion.

Pezus questioned my whereabouts, saying I might be scum. I then asked what he was talking about and he said that when I lurk, I am scum, evidenced by the last time I was "at a tournament/convention". I provided the last time I was at a tournament/convention, saying I was a third party who posted a lot and was suspected. This post was meant to counter his supposition that the last time I was "at a tournament/convention, prof was scum". IMO, I was a third party, which negates his point.

Instead, he counters saying I was scum, which he said in order to validate his original post. Yet, even if there was argument, he said the very last time I was scum I lurked as well. I don't think pezus actually believes I was scum in game of thrones. I think he's just trying to post whatever it is that helps him not look like a hypocrite. In fact, I just looked through that game and after rol claims third party, pezus actually encourages Rol to kill other suspects. (Fact: in the game, Pezus treated a claimed so-called "third party scum" as if they were town. ) I mean, if he actually DID believe I was a "scum that had to go", then why would he feel it necessary to bring up the OTHER last time I was scum? Did he feel like his evidence was weak? Yes, I believe so.

And so now, in that post you linked to, I was somply clearing up teh facts, which hilariously enough, HE, BY VIRTUE OF HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD PARTY ROL, INHERENTLY AGREES TO.

Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:
Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:
Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:

no. i said that i never played and that i'm not playing scum

Final-Fan said:
tabaha said:
Final-Fan said:
tabaha said:

In addition to what Stefl said, I don't think you've been paying attention to MBP's style.  

From other games or just from this game?

tabaha said:
Stefl1504 said:
tabaha said:

no. i said that i never played and that i'm not playing scum

LIAR :D you played scum often enough on IRC-Mafia

well this doesn't get us anywhere... so maybe I should just stop it