By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why shouldn't the Vita be considered dead?

Surprised you axumblade posted and didn't lock this thread yet.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The Wii is not going to make a comeback, because neither first or third party support will increase from here on out. As such, it is a dying platform.

There's still hope for the Vita, because a lot of Japanese developers haven't made the switch to an eighth generation handheld yet. Nobody can say for sure what these PSP game developers will do next and third parties have proven in the past that they will not necessarily support the Nintendo platform, even if it's moving significantly more hard- and software. You can call the Vita dead when you can post confirmations that these third parties will not support the Vita.

No Rol. I can call the Vita dead because thats how its selling now, did you not read the part where I said, I could careless for speculation of the future? If and when they do come, without MH Sony is pretty much dead in the water. This includes the West since the PSP has already proven it couldn't survive long at all even though it was selling on par with the DS in the beginning. Also if those developers do support the Vita what exactly are they gonna give it to sell platforms lol. Is this more wishful thinking at its best. Seriously its about to get pretty much the biggest 3rd party ip it could get in CoD and yet the Wii could still outsell it. That support may not be enough to save it from its doom, when you can name me a significant game it will get some time soon then you can say its not dead.

homer said:
Handhelds are held to a different standard than consoles because they do not sell as much. PS2 sold more than DS. Wii sold more than PSP. Gamecube sold more than 3ds. Not a hard concept.

Wat?