By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up! Week Ending September 29th! Vita hits 3 million... or not!

sales2099 said:
VGKing said:
pezus said:
So the 360 version got a 600k boost in Europe while the PS3 version decreased by 100k-200k...hmm, ok...

Wait for adjustments.

Everytime numbers come out on big multiplats the general consenus is

360 = numbers are spot on, overtracked by a bit

PS3 = UNDERTRACKED!

lol

Uh, I never said that. But considering EAs statements, that seems to be the case with FIFA 13.

It's no secret that tracking in Europe is very messy. It also happens to be PS3s strongest market.

Around the Network

@Pezus: I dont buy that the ~ 5th iteration of an annual series causes such an increase

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Agreed.

PES 2013 is  much better than FIFA 13 for me too.

sales2099 said:
lol ill never get how callofduty/halo is a system seller.

Gamer: Oh I have been so on the fence about getting a PS3 for years. I need a certain game to put me over the edge. OH SNAP.......callofduty/halo !!! This was the game changer I was waiting for. Because callofduty/halo 07-12 didnt interest me at all for some reason to invest in another console.

lol I dont know. Its hard to justify a yearly release being a system seller.

pezus said:
Nem said:

Its funny how Blizzard claims to have sold 2.7 mil copies of MoP. Looking at those numbers and past numbers the expansions had... no way those 2.7m are sold units. Has to be shipped.

They also claimed 6.3m Diablo III first week sold while the tracking here showed 2m. Then a few weeks later they claimed 10m+ while the sales here still stand below 3m (iirc).

digital sales. That's a pretty simple answer really.

Around the Network

360 up on hardware in USA but down on software. I find that quite surprising unless there are some retailer specials happening.

Fantastic launch for Fifa 13. I do hope the Move functionality helps get a few people to buy Move, meaning I hope the Move functionality improves the playing experience somewhat.

PSV crawling its way to 1 million in Europe. Has hit 3M globally. In revenue terms that means over $750M this year and probably >$30M gross profit just from PSV HW sales (possibly more with the memory card sales being massively profitable).

Oh yeah, there's that little thing of PS3 cracking 200K. Nice. Should fall pretty hard next week though coming off super slim launch and FIFA13. I can;t see Super slim having a very sustained effect as all given price has remained static.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Troll_Whisperer said:
BTW, in the UK:

FIFA: 1.1m in one week.
PES: 50k in two weeks.

I know that the UK is one of the least PES-friendly countries, but still...

It's because we cottoned on to the fact that PES has been shit since PES5 and going downhill since PES4.

Mind you, most of us PES die hards only cottoned on around PES2009

(I cottoned on when FIFA08 came out which was a far better game than any PES)

...You wouldn't believe the amount of threats I had to make to finally convert my PES friends to FIFA, even to this day 1 or 2 of them still insist "PES is better, FIFA is arcade"....lmao.

PES had MORE than it's fair share of profits for a game what was basically unchanged or made worse in 7 years.

I heard somewhere that the slim ps3 in europe was cheaper compared to the other region pricing. Is that correct? Something about including vat or whatever?

ManUtdFan said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
BTW, in the UK:

FIFA: 1.1m in one week.
PES: 50k in two weeks.

I know that the UK is one of the least PES-friendly countries, but still...

All the more surprising since PES was the better game this year imo, which hasn't happened since PES5/6 time circa last generation consoles. 

Really? You can't be serious?

Okay, Europe has been added.

So, what are people's predictions for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3