By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kevin Butler spotted advertising the Wii in comercial advert.

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/kevin-butler-no-longer-pimps-the-wii

Kevin Butler No Longer Pimps The Wii

By Romudeth Fri, September 21, 2012 - 1:18

UPDATE:

Here is a link to the original commercial. BIG shout out to N4G user GamerSciz for linking this. The old footage has KB saying the vast majority of the lines. The woman next to him doesn’t say anything so I’m going to guess that the current version of the commercial is using another take of that same scene but with KB digitally taken out. We’re trying to find out more about this story so stay tuned for details as they become available.

ORIGINAL STORY:

So I’m sitting here trying to figure out what I’m going to do tonight when the Bridgestone commercial that has Kevin Butler comes on TV. I don’t normally watch commercials but this has KB in it so whenever it’s on I tend to pay attention. Only this time…something was different. What was that? Kevin Butler has gone missing from the commercial! I quickly nabbed my Sony Cybershot camera and recorded the commercial.

Here’s a bit of background info for those who don’t know. A few weeks ago, Kevin Butler, who is known as Sony’s VP of…everything was seen in a Bridgestone tires commercial playing a Nintendo Wii. Yes, “Kevin Butler” (real name Jerry Lambert) isn’t actually a real person and is just a persona created by Sony to promote their Playstation consoles but it was still weird to see him playing a Wii in a TV commercial. Well for reasons I don’t understand, he has been digitally removed from that commercial.

The part of the video that has obviously been altered is when the woman who is playing a Wii goes “I smoked you!” and does a little dance. KB was originally the one she spoke to but now she’s just talking to herself. The odd camera movements also show that this shot was heavily digitized. Weird right? To make matters even stranger; I went to Youtube so I could compare the two videos but try as I might, I could no longer find it. Bridgestone has pulled it due to “a copyright claim”. I have NO idea what this means.

So yeah this is pretty wacky stuff. Yes, I realize this isn’t exactly MEGATON news or anything but it is pretty amusing, especially if you follow gaming culture the way I do. I’ll definitely bring this up on next week’s The Throwdown and let DJKillzown Jones go to town on this with his conspiracy theories.

....This is quite old but haven't seen it posted here and made me laugh so....ummmm there we go.

Around the Network

It was posted, though. The tears have already been shed and, in the end, we forgave KB for his top secret mission to infiltrate Nintendo. This thread will do nothing but bring back memories of that pain.

so did they find his body yet?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Here are the links:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147191

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147930

Oh dear....ooops.

Please let this die also then. :p