By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Egypt to open up the Gaza border.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/23/egypt-opens-to-gaza/

Worth noting.  Could end up being a big deal...

can't help but wonder if we really are headed to a "3 state" solution.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
What is the "3 state solution"?

It's essentially a situation where Gaza and the West Bank split apart so much politically or culturally that they each end up negotiating with Israel seperatly and become seperate nations.

Really they'd be smart to go this way now.  Have Israel and the West Bank "settle up" now leaving out a lot of the harder questions and political "non starters" like Jerusalem.

Kasz216 said:
spurgeonryan said:

It's essentially a situation where Gaza and the West Bank split apart so much politically or culturally that they each end up negotiating with Israel seperatly and become seperate nations.

Really they'd be smart to go this way now.  Have Israel and the West Bank "settle up" now leaving out a lot of the harder questions and political "non starters" like Jerusalem.

Hopefully the collapse of the Kadima-Likud alliance in the Knesset will try to pressure Netanyahu to abandon his more blatant ambitions, making political action somewhat more possible. It was rather terrifying that, only for a while, the major competition to the Israeli government line was the party that demands "loyalty oaths" from the Arabs.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Kasz216 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Hopefully the collapse of the Kadima-Likud alliance in the Knesset will try to pressure Netanyahu to abandon his more blatant ambitions, making political action somewhat more possible. It was rather terrifying that, only for a while, the major competition to the Israeli government line was the party that demands "loyalty oaths" from the Arabs.

Yeah... I did not get that alliance at all.

Seemed to have almost zero policy differences on anything I could see... maybe a difference on a few local issues i'm missing?

Makes you wonder if Israel has just moved that far right.

Which is a big issue.  Like people claim in the US both the Israeli's and Palestinians are moving apart rather then closer together in everything (both moving more rightwing) and unfortunitly... they both actually want to kill each other literally.

(Though in the US case, i actually think both parties are coming together politically, it's just the differences are becoming less tolerated.)