By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crytek specs out Crysis capable computer for $900

For everyone who always complain of around $2k requirements to build a computer capable of running Crysis well, Crytek put together a computer for around $900 and that'll run Crysis well.

Note that it doesn't include mouse/keyboard/monitor but if you have a computer period, you should already have those.  

http://kotaku.com/345278/crytek-specs-out-an-affordable-crysis-pc 

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18017

Around the Network

my PC was 450.. no wonder why I cant run it. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Ordered.

Great deal.

lmfao I jsut realized they are missing a monitor, keyboard and mouse with the pricing.. its over 1200 after its done including shipping off NewEgg.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

ssj12 said:
lmfao I jsut realized they are missing a monitor, keyboard and mouse with the pricing.. its over 1200 after its done including shipping off NewEgg.

Sorry but if you are having trouble with the notion that you don't already have a monitor/keyboard/mouse then you shouldn't be trying to do high end computer gaming period (and you can't be reading this either).  

That's like saying the 360 and PS3 isn't affordable because you need to buy a $1000 HDTV to play it.  

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/08/25

Around the Network

The comments on Kotaku where extremely funny:

"so it's really like $2k if you want to see the graphics?
think monitor,and OS, with any kind of input devices and a case, and I'm not counting tax and shipping."

So, you should count the price of a 40"1080p HDTV on the price of the PS3?

"Or, for $900, I could get an X360 and a PS3. You see my problem with PC gaming."

Because Xbox 360 and PS3 can display the kind of graphics like that rig, right? And obviously they're better at encoding video, editing music, photoshop, word processors, spreadsheets...

"Oh man! $900.oo to play a game, this takes me back to the early 90's and the original Neo-Geo."

That PC will only be compatible with Crysis obviously.

Sorry if I was too ranty hehe.

fazz said:
The comments on Kotaku where extremely funny:

"so it's really like $2k if you want to see the graphics?
think monitor,and OS, with any kind of input devices and a case, and I'm not counting tax and shipping."

So, you should count the price of a 40"1080p HDTV on the price of the PS3?

"Or, for $900, I could get an X360 and a PS3. You see my problem with PC gaming."

Because Xbox 360 and PS3 can display the kind of graphics like that rig, right? And obviously they're better at encoding video, editing music, photoshop, word processors, spreadsheets...

"Oh man! $900.oo to play a game, this takes me back to the early 90's and the original Neo-Geo."

That PC will only be compatible with Crysis obviously.

Sorry if I was too ranty hehe.

Seriously, thats the thing that's always annoy me about people complaining about PC gaming.  That PC is not going to be solely used for videogames, it does so much more.  Heck, you can even get it to emulate old games (not necessarily legally of course).

Pretty much every single modern household nowadays will have a computer already, so you can't count the entire cost of a gaming PC whereas for the 360/PS3/Wii, the vast majority of it is gaming (and maybe movie playing somewhat).     

darconi said:
ssj12 said:

Sorry but if you are having trouble with the notion that you don't already have a monitor/keyboard/mouse then you shouldn't be trying to do high end computer gaming period (and you can't be reading this either).  

That's like saying the 360 and PS3 isn't affordable because you need to buy a $1000 HDTV to play it.  

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/08/25 

But if you want toget the full abilities out of your computer you should upgrade your monitor to at least a 19" monitor that supports 16.7 million colors. Maybe a resolution of 1680 by 1050.

^What about a 40"HDTV with VGA port? :)

fazz said:
^What about a 40"HDTV with VGA port? :)

you could use that as a monitor lol would be quite nice actually.

BTW for a gaming rig.. you need a gaming mouse, mousepad, and keyboard. Preferably mostly Razer for hardware, mousepad should be stealpad.