By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New Macbook air!

OMFG! This is sweet! It may not be the smallest by 1 mm, but all the power of a macbook in that size? thats sweet check it out!

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/65163

Around the Network

No optical drive? $1800? No way. Size is important, but not when you have to start sacrificing things.

Looks more like style over substance. While it is very nice the lack of features or upgradeability just don't justify the price IMO.

Ok, so, Macs are not expensive anymore, right??? Oh well still is a interesting move...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

but just look at the size.

Around the Network

Actually the Sony X505 is 21mm thick while the Macbook Air is 19mm thick.

That's actually pretty cool since it's in my opinion the first ultraportable with full power, ie not an hybrid thing with ultraslow CPU and tiny VGA screen. The Macbook Air IS actually almost as powerful as the standard Macbook.

The really cool thing is SSD Drive, the really bad thing is SSD Drive's price... But some day these things will be cheap. 

Man that's thin! As thin as my MP3 player!

I'm a Mac user and all, but I really wonder where's the use. Technically, it's almost identical to, but slightly worse than the Macbooks: Slower CPU, no optical drive. The Macbooks are pretty small already, and the MB Air costs much more. I don't get it.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)